• 3rd Basemen

5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind giving those two a second chance. We were supposed to have this great rotation but it didn't work out. Didn't the Miami Heat's team of stars take a season to click? I think this same Angel team (with an overhauled bullpen) coulda won it this year as easy as the rest of the mediocre field.

vCash
    I'm all for bringing back Haren, but Santana really needs to go, for his sake and ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I'm all for bringing back Haren, but Santana really needs to go, for his sake and ours.
    What this guy said
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    same here

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    @JonHeymanCBS: heard brandon league got about $20M for 3 yrs with #dodgers

Good job Dodgers. Over paying for an average relief pitcher and setting the mark very high for everyone else
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Might just be because he's a Cardinals fan, and that's where Haren came from.
    What would the Angels be looking for in to trade Haren?

vCash
    You guys are just looking to avoid paying him the buyout? If so, I assume he'll be dealt for pennies on the dollar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    What would the Angels be looking for in to trade Haren?
    Relief pitching, most likely.

I mean, if you guys are tired of Motte's beard or something, we'll take him. Or Kelly. Or Boggs. Or Scrabble.

Hell, just send all four, and we'll even throw in Santana! You guys don't really need a pen, right?

I'm kidding. I'm sure it'd be relief pitching, but who exactly, I have no idea.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Alfredo Aceves and another RP for Haren work?

vCash
    Angels Trying To Move Haren, Santana
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [October 31 at 10:21am CST]
    The Angels are aggressively trying to trade starters Dan Haren and Ervin Santana, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. Itíll be an upset if they donít complete at least one deal, and one MLB executive expects both right-handers to be moved. The Angels have been weighing possible trades for at least two days now.

The contracts of Haren ($15.5MM option) and Santana ($13MM option) both include options that could appeal to other teams, even though they arenít particularly appealing to the Angels. The Angels will decline Santanaís option and thereís every indication theyíd decline Harenís, Rosenthal reports.

Angels GM Jerry Dipoto isnít the only one discussing possible deals. A number of teams are already engaged in serious trade talks for starting pitchers, according to Rosenthal. Some of the names in play are more appealing than Haren and Santana.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#bpdIZW5xIUKb0cAS.99

As an O's fan, I hope you guys trade us Haren. I want nothing to do with Santana. You will not get a ton for him, considering he is expensive. You could get a decent reliever or a C level prospect probably. Plus, the team that acquires him riskes losing him for nothing if the option isn;t picked up.

Long story short, Dipoto wants to alleviate uncertainty and the risk of declining the option and submitting a qualifying offer.

So if he is trying to reduce risk, the reward will be low.

vCash
    I wasn't expecting us to be able to come up with a deal for either of these guys by today. If I was general manager, I wouldn't have even thought about trading them before exercising their option. If Dipo manages to get something of value in return for one of them, I'll be very impressed.

vCash
    And by the way, whoever said Conger and Bourjos for James Shields? Good luck, it will take a lot more than that. Maybe if you threw in Trumbo?

vCash
    I'd TOTALLY trade Trumbo for Shields. Tampa owes us after that whole Kazmir raping we took.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Also, Joakim Soria is a free agent. I know he just had TJ surgery, but he might still be worth a look. No reason to think he can't come back from it.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Soriano opted out of his contract with the Yankees.
    Visit my Blog.

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast