5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeWwEwW View Post
    Sign Hamilton 4 years 100 trade bourjos and other peeps for wright sign soria maybe Madson cheap! I wouldn't mind Saunders but I feel they need another big pitcher. I also like McCarthy. Pretty solid to me!
    If Bourjos is traded this winter, I guarantee you it will be for pitching. At this point it wouldn't make sense for us to trade for Wright since he's a free agent after next year and Cowart is supposed to be ready by 2014.

vCash
    Plus if anyone is going to trade for Wright, it wouldn't be us. I see Oakland, Atlanta, Seattle, and the Red Sox as the front-runners for Wright.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    I just want to see them in the playoffs again. Last time against Red Sox when tori hit a bomb.

But what about the relievers. Who would be good to pick up. Who to trade for? What relievers are on the block. Who fits best? The line up is pretty solid n now what to do with the rotation. So many questions.

vCash
    Crazy idea, but I feel like this would be the only way to get enough prospects for a Stanton deal.

Angels go all in (3 part deal):

with NYY:
    Trade Callaspo for ARod/Manny Banuelos/Tyler Austin/Cash ($10M per season to cover part of ARod's contract over the next 5 seasons)

Why? The Yankees get rid of the ARod circus, and save a ton of money to get closer to the luxury tax threshold. The Angels have money to spend after cutting Haren, Ervin, Torii, and its looking more like Greinke is going to get grossly overpaid. The only reason the Angels would do this would be if the whole deal could go through.

with BOS:
    Trade Trumbo for Matt Barnes/Allen Webster

Why? The Red Sox NEED a power-hitting 1B after losing AGon last year. Loney just isn't going to cut it. The Angels again do this as part of the larger master plan, while getting 2 of the Red Sox top 4 prospects. I even saw a Red Sox forum that mentioned this exact deal.

with MIA:
    Trade Banuelos/Austin/Barnes/Webster/Conger/Cowart for Stanton/Nolasco

Why? Miami gets 6 top prospects and they get rid of the last bad contract on their team (Nolasco). The Angels pair Stanton with Trout, Pujols, Morales, and ARod is this case. They would still even have about $10M left over in their budget to address their final starting pitching and bullpen holes.

Lineup
    CF Trout
    SS Aybar
    1B Pujols
    RF Stanton
    DH Morales
    3B ARod
    LF Wells
    2B Kendrick
    C Iannetta

C Hester
    IF (McGhee)
    IF Romine
    OF Calhoun

SP Weaver
    SP Wilson
    SP (Minor) - Bourjos/Enright for Minor deal? - Braves need a CF leadoff batter and have mentioned PB
    SP Nolasco
    SP Richards

CL (Fujikawa/Mike Adams)
    RP Frieri
    RP Downs
    RP Walden
    RP Jepsen
    RP Cassevah
    RP Thompson/Kohn/Carpenter/Geltz/Mills/Maronde/Siske

vCash
    Do you guys think that Gavin Floyd might interest the Angels? He is signed this year for a reasonable $9.5 million.

vCash
    The Angels have interest in free agent closer Ryan Madson, according to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com (via Twitter). The Phillies reportedly have interest in the right-hander, but Salisbury says that a reunion doesn't seem likely.

The 32-year-old declined his half of a $11MM mutual option for 2013, opting instead for a $2.5MM buyout. Madson missed the 2012 campaign after undergoing Tommy John surgery but a team willing to roll the dice could sign him with the hope that he will return to his 2009-2011 form. Madson wants to close for a team in 2013, but he won't be ready to pitch when the season begins.

A return to Cincinnati could still be in the cards for Madson as well as GM Walt Jocketty confirmed that the two sides have talked. The Reds are also exploring a return for Jonathan Broxton and have spoken with free agent Joakim Soria.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#kW5DRr7iVcHPTZxm.99

Wouldn't mind this at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateGM View Post
    Crazy idea
    Yes exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Do you guys think that Gavin Floyd might interest the Angels? He is signed this year for a reasonable $9.5 million.
    We talked about this a few pages back, I wouldnt mind bringing in Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by SeWwEwW View Post
    The Angels have interest in free agent closer Ryan Madson, according to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com (via Twitter). The Phillies reportedly have interest in the right-hander, but Salisbury says that a reunion doesn't seem likely.

The 32-year-old declined his half of a $11MM mutual option for 2013, opting instead for a $2.5MM buyout. Madson missed the 2012 campaign after undergoing Tommy John surgery but a team willing to roll the dice could sign him with the hope that he will return to his 2009-2011 form. Madson wants to close for a team in 2013, but he won't be ready to pitch when the season begins.

A return to Cincinnati could still be in the cards for Madson as well as GM Walt Jocketty confirmed that the two sides have talked. The Reds are also exploring a return for Jonathan Broxton and have spoken with free agent Joakim Soria.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#kW5DRr7iVcHPTZxm.99

Wouldn't mind this at all
    If we could get the Asian dude and Madson that would be pretty awesome
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Dipoto loves Madson, who's from SoCal, and isn't afraid to take a chance on a post-TJ guy (#Angels went hard after Nathan last year).
    Nothing was ever said about us going after Nathan last year, but man he would have been nice in our pen last year

Ideal #Angels 'pen is Frieri in 8th, Jepsen in 7th & Downs as floater. Madson does that. @JonHeymanCBS & @JSalisburyCSN reported interest.

vCash

Angels in talks with Ryan Madson

Ryan Madson is in talks about a possible deal with the Angels.

Madson is looking for a closer job more than anything, so his home-area team could make a decent match. The Angels have Ernesto Frieri who could close or set up.

Jim Salisbury of Philly CSN first mentioned the Angels as a possibility.

Madson missed 2012 after Tommy John surgery, and has received interest from several teams, including the Reds, Red Sox and Nationals. He is from Souther California.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...e-their-closer

But it's hard to ignore the Boras factor, especially given rotation holes #Angels need to fill. Any Madson deal probably incentive-laden.
    If we could get him for 5M with incentives that push it up to around 7M-8M that would be awesome

Maybe something like 80+ IP (8M) 70-79.2 IP (7M) 60-69.2 IP (6M) 59.2 IP and less (5M)

vCash
    I would love Madson on our team! I really wanted the Angels to sign him last year and I'm even willing to give him a deal worth 7M and a second year vesting option worth 11M if he reaches 60IP
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    Both Fujikawa and Madson come with risks, but I think I'd prefer to sign Fujikawa over Madson. However, if we were able to get Madson rather cheaply I'd like to get him. My only concern is that he apparently won't be ready for the beginning of the season.

vCash
    Earlier today, we learned the Angels are interested in Ryan Madson. Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports the Angels are indeed in talks with Madson about a possible deal. MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez adds, via Twitter, that GM Jerry Dipoto loves Madson, a Southern California native, and isn't afraid to take a chance on a closer coming off Tommy John surgery, as evident by last offseason's pursuit of Joe Nathan. Gonzalez also tweets any deal will probably be incentive-laden. Here are some more Angels notes from Gonzalez, who recently cleaned out in his inbox and answered emails from his readers:

Gonzalez advances the idea the Angels may be better off not re-signing Zack Greinke. The arugment goes since the Angels already have one ace in Jered Weaver, they will have more financial flexibility to fill the two holes they have in their rotation and to rebuild their bullpen, if Greinke signs elsewhere. Either way, the Angels are handcuffed until Greinke makes his decision.

The Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves will not be factors in the Greinke derby, but the Dodgers and Rangers could really mess up the Angels' plans.

Free agency will be the Angels' best bet to fill their holes because they don't have much minor league talent to offer in trade.

Gonzalez would be shocked if Kendrys Morales is traded because he is viewed as a bargain in arbitration and is a crucial left-handed presence in a lineup that leans heavily to the right.

Look for Alberto Callaspo, who provides solid defense and draw walks, to man third base in 2013 with top prosect Kaleb Cowart taking over in 2014.

vCash
    Dodgers tv deal, 1st reported by Deadline to be $6-7B, is great news for the #Phillies, who have better ratings

And we were happy about our TV deal last off season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post

And we were happy about our TV deal last off season
    So is that the TV deal that gets them Greinke like our's got us Pujols?

vCash
    Happy they are keeping KMo, Madson hopefully can get back to form he had from 2007-2011 before the surgery.

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast