5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    GA-16 i would like to point a couple things out, The brewers could use moreales, because corey hart can play the OF, and i feel that Moreals is worth more, rameriez is really over paid.
    But third base is such a thin position it wouldn't make sense for them to trade Ramirez. Additionally, Morales is a free agent after next year, so they'd probably be trading 2 or 3 years of Ramirez, whose had better production, for one year of Morales, it makes sense for us, but not them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    At least then I wouldn't have to deal with your sig slowing my browser down.
    I changed my sig so you wouldn't yell at me anymore for slowing down your browser

And we still get to look at Trout

I was at spring training the day Bourjos did that, probably like 5 feet from the person that recorded it. Was it you that recorded it?
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    But third base is such a thin position it wouldn't make sense for them to trade Ramirez. Additionally, Morales is a free agent after next year, so they'd probably be trading 2 or 3 years of Ramirez, whose had better production, for one year of Morales, it makes sense for us, but not them.
    if the trade did go through, then they would be loosing 1 year off aramis, who hits free agency the year after, also, i think rameriez is all ready in decline, though you are right about 3rd base being such a thin position.

vCash
    @MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels promote Gary DiSarcina, hire #Rays cross-checker Tim Huff as special assts. to GM, Chad Hermansen to scout.

vCash
    Cross-Checker? Is that like a cross-dresser?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    Cross-Checker? Is that like a cross-dresser?
    Close

If I remember correctly you have a scouting director then you have 3 national cross checkers (West, East, and Central). They look over the scouts in those certain regions

vCash
    First off, welcome to the Angels forum! Good to get new members.

Now onto your post. Some good ideas, but a lot of stuff seems kind of like a stretch. To start, the Cliff Lee trade seems rather unlikely. The Phillies would have no real use for Conger and Bourjos and Richards alone aren't nearly enough to get Cliff Lee. Also, there's the issue that Lee is owed 25 MIL every year for the next three years. A good balancer would be to add Vernon Wells to the trade, but he's worth no real value, and I don't know why the Phillies would want to trade Lee in the first place.

Definitely agree with your second point, though I doubt anyone is actually interested in Wells. They're more interested in swapping their bad contract for another bad contract. Teams that come to mind are the Red Sox (John Lackey), Giants (Barry Zito), and Yankees (Alex Rodriguez (and I say this mostly as a joke)).

The Ramirez trade has no chance of happening:
    1. Because the Brewers have Corey Hart to play first base
    2. They're trying to compete next year, and
    3. Aramis Ramirez, at this point, is better than Morales.

I agree with both the Greinke and Hunter deals although I'd try to see if we could re-sign Torii for like 2 MIL per year less. I disagree with signing Hamilton mainly because there's no room for him and we can't afford him. But if we can't re-sign Greinke, I say go for him.

And then I definitely agree on the reliever. I like Madson, but for some reason, I don't see Dipoto taking a risk on him. Would love JP Howell though. But if we backload anymore contract we're going to end up paying less than half the team like 100 MIL come 2014/2015.

That lineup and rotation would definitely be a dream come true though

Veron Wells is not worth that contract he has not with Trumbo / Trout / Peter Bourjos and Morales needing more playing time. He is expendable and I think the only way we can get rid of him is packaging him with another player and eating some of his contract.

vCash
    The Giants' waiver claim of left-hander Jose Mijares in August has proven to be a key pickup, writes MLB.com's Tracy Ringolsby. Mijares posted a 2.55 ERA with 20 strikeouts in 17 2/3 innings for the Giants down the stretch.

We passed on him and the Giants ended up getting him for nothing, makes absolutely no sense

vCash
    i though mijares was on the cardinals

vCash
    What about Vernon wells for alex Rodriquez. Sounds fair.

Alex Rodriguez Might Accept Trade
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [October 18, 2012 at 11:29am CST]
    Alex Rodriguez would welcome a trade from the Yankees under the right circumstances, Bob Nightengale of USA Today*reports. Rodriguez won’t ask to be traded, but he has told close friends he won’t block a deal as long as he’s going to a large-market team.

The Marlins, Angels, White Sox and Dodgers could pursue the slumping 37-year-old, Nightengale suggests. Rodriguez can block any trade and has five years and $114MM on his contract, so he won’t be easy to move. At this level, dollars figure in as much as talent. "They're not trades. They're business deals," Brewers GM Doug Melvin noted.

Baseball executives suggested to Nightengale that Rodriguez is worth $7-10MM per season at this stage in his career. Manager Joe Girardi has benched Rodriguez against right-handed pitching, an indication the Yankees doubt his ability to produce. The Yankees and Marlins have reportedly had preliminary discussions about a deal involving Rodriguez, though both sides have publicly denied the reports.
    Last edited by st1999; 10-18-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    I came here to post the exact same thing. It's scary how prefect it is.

The Yanks would need to send another 20M but it works. Wells needs/wants playing time. The Yanks need a LF now.

The Marketing value of ARod and Albert in the same line up breaking records every month for the next 5 years. Wow.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I would only trade Wells for Arod if the yankees sent enough money to cover the difference in salaries plus a little extra for the incentive achievements that Arod will likely get. Otherwise I would rather suck up two more years of Wells than deal with 5 years of Arod.

vCash
    The best way to get rid of Wells is probably to package him with someone like Morales and Bourjos...although that would reduce our return. We may just be stuck with Wells...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I was at spring training the day Bourjos did that, probably like 5 feet from the person that recorded it. Was it you that recorded it?
    No, but I have pictures of him doing it. I was closer to the field than the person who took the video was.

if the trade did go through, then they would be loosing 1 year off aramis, who hits free agency the year after, also, i think rameriez is all ready in decline, though you are right about 3rd base being such a thin position.
    Ramirez is actually signed through 2014 and has a mutual option for 2015. Also, he just had his best offensive year since 2009, so I don't know what you're basing your opinion on. At this point he has more value to the Brewers than Morales does, so it's a no go on that.

i though mijares was on the cardinals
    You're thinking of Mujica.

Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    I would much rather have two years of Vernon Wells than five years of A-Rod. His splits away from New York gave him an OPS of .763. And with his plunging defensive value, he has become a sub-2 WAR player. In comparison, Alberto Callaspo had a WAR of 3.2. True, Callaspo is no real threat offensively, but he makes up for it with defense. If this is the rate of success that A-Rod is having at age 37, imagine what he'll be like at age 42. Also, he's a huge douche bag. Vernon Wells sucks, but he isn't a douche bag.

vCash
    Angels have hired former big league 1B Paul Sorrento as minor league hitting coordinator. Played for #Twins, #Indians, #Mariners, #Rays.
    He had a good walk rate as a big leaguer so thats a plus

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast