5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    meh I view him as a potential bench bat and that's about it. It's relatively easy to hit well in the PCL and the Salt Lake City Bee's Stadium is a major hitters park. The fact that he can't seem to take a walk in AAA doesn't sound promising to me.
    To be fair he had a good season in 2011, in Double-A, which is an extremely pitcher friendly league

And while he doesn't walk much he isn't swinging and missing 200+ times per season. He puts the ball in play a lot which should result in a higher average which pushes his OBP up.

It we don't bring in someone outside of the organization he will definitely get a shot. At best we can expect a .250 Avg, .290 OBP, .450 SLG, with around 10-15 HR (note I said at best). This is not his career ceiling, this is his rookie season ceiling

If the defense is as good as the reports say he could be a better option than Callaspo next year
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    why you guys want hamilton anyways ?

dont want him in our team.
    1) he is inconsistant(chokes in key moments)
    2) he kills people(would you want to chance it...)
    3) he has alchohol issue. if he cant control it in texas or has hard time. he wont be able to deal with it in la. (just saying)

and we deep in OF already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    why you guys want hamilton anyways ?

dont want him in our team.
    1) he is inconsistant(chokes in key moments)
    2) he kills people(would you want to chance it...)
    3) he has alchohol issue. if he cant control it in texas or has hard time. he wont be able to deal with it in la. (just saying)

and we deep in OF already.
    1) I've been down this road way too many times not going down it again
    2) I know we joke around about it but i really hope you are not serious
    3) he used to have alcohol/drug problems but as far as I'm concerned doesn't anymore.

Our OF really isn't that deep anymore, Trout and Bourjos have spots, Trumbo/Wells can be traded/benched, and Hunter is a free agent. Hamilton paired with Pujols would give us a 3-4 combo we have never had before. It would give us a lefty bat we desperately need. Pujols/Hamilton would be one of the deadliest 3-4 punches in baseball, and then you add in the best player in baseball and you have a very deadly lineup

There are concerns with signing Hamilton the major one being his inability to stay healthy. Giving a 7 year deal to a guy who seems to get injured every year, who would be reaching the wrong side of 30 is risky.

At about 17M per year over 7 years I would take the risk and hope for 5 all star/top 10 MVP seasons. That is the absolute max I would give him though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    3) he used to have alcohol/drug problems but as far as I'm concerned doesn't anymore.
    Really? Ever seen Intervention? Ya know how many people relapse? Like almost all of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    Really? Ever seen Intervention? Ya know how many people relapse? Like almost all of them.
    That's why S.P. doesn't even bother going

vCash

didnt they catch him last offseason in a bar?

also dont get me wrong if hamilton was cheap i dont mind. but the money he is going to make .... just not worth it.
    rather have hunter back cheap. spend the money on Greinke and getting 1-2 pitchers to have full rotation.

vCash
    He claims to not have used since October of 2005, so about 7 year ago. That was about 2 months after his first child was born. He got back into the big league in 2007, with the drug testing they do there is likely no way that he has used.

The craving will likely always be there, and I have no idea how strong that craving is but the guy has been clean for at the very least 5 years.

I'm also sure that something could be included in his contract to save the Angels if he did relapse on drugs. If Barry Zito can't surf and C.J. Wilson can't race cars, you would think there would be something to where Hamilton couldn't due drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    didnt they catch him last offseason in a bar?

also dont get me wrong if hamilton was cheap i dont mind. but the money he is going to make .... just not worth it.
    rather have hunter back cheap. spend the money on Greinke and getting 1-2 pitchers to have full rotation.
    He has been "caught" drinking twice since 2007 when he came back to baseball. Both times were during the offseason. I would think its hard to find a baseball player that has only been drunk twice over a 5 year span. It's probably even more than two times but the major concern is the drugs and he has been drug free since 2007 at the least

That's why I said at most I would give him 7 years/120M because that is a bargain for a player like Hamilton considering guys like Fielder received over 200M, and Crawford got 140M

Grienke is our #1 priority and the bullpen is #2, but if we have the money and Hamilton isn't getting 120M+ offers I wouldn't mind going after him

vCash
    To be fair he had a good season in 2011, in Double-A, which is an extremely pitcher friendly league

And while he doesn't walk much he isn't swinging and missing 200+ times per season. He puts the ball in play a lot which should result in a higher average which pushes his OBP up.

It we don't bring in someone outside of the organization he will definitely get a shot. At best we can expect a .250 Avg, .290 OBP, .450 SLG, with around 10-15 HR (note I said at best). This is not his career ceiling, this is his rookie season ceiling

If the defense is as good as the reports say he could be a better option than Callaspo next year
    btw he also has pretty good speed so him getting 15-25 sb (deppending on how many chances he gets) really isn't too bad, plus it will free up money to go after bull pen pieces, very well said vladdy, im glad you said this and saved me the trouble.
    lol awesome.
    That's why I said at most I would give him 7 years/120M because that is a bargain for a player like Hamilton considering guys like Fielder received over 200M, and Crawford got 140M

Grienke is our #1 priority and the bullpen is #2, but if we have the money and Hamilton isn't getting 120M+ offers I wouldn't mind going after him
    this right here is spot on.

vCash
    I don't really feel like the Angels need Hamilton. Plus they aren't likely to be spending anywhere near $100 Mil on another player this offseason, unless that player's last name starts with G and ends with an E. I think that Arte wants to see some positive results before he opens his wallet on another big FA. With that being said, the Angels would be best served working out a deal with Hunter because I feel that the Rangers will make a run at Hunter if they don't bring Hamilton back. And with the money that Hamilton will likely be seeking, I don't see the Rangers bringing him back otherwise they most likely would have inked a deal by now. Even though Hunter says he only wants to play for the Angels, I find it hard to see him not signing with the Rangers if the money was right, plus his home is in Texas so..... GET ON IT DIPO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSTYTROMBONE View Post
    I don't really feel like the Angels need Hamilton. Plus they aren't likely to be spending anywhere near $100 Mil on another player this offseason, unless that player's last name starts with G and ends with an E. I think that Arte wants to see some positive results before he opens his wallet on another big FA. With that being said, the Angels would be best served working out a deal with Hunter because I feel that the Rangers will make a run at Hunter if they don't bring Hamilton back. And with the money that Hamilton will likely be seeking, I don't see the Rangers bringing him back otherwise they most likely would have inked a deal by now. Even though Hunter says he only wants to play for the Angels, I find it hard to see him not signing with the Rangers if the money was right, plus his home is in Texas so..... GET ON IT DIPO!
    Hunter was very close to signing with the Rangers before he signed with the Angels.

vCash
    I still haven't hit rock bottom yet.

vCash
    He has been "caught" drinking twice since 2007 when he came back to baseball. Both times were during the offseason. I would think its hard to find a baseball player that has only been drunk twice over a 5 year span. It's probably even more than two times but the major concern is the drugs and he has been drug free since 2007 at the least
    If he only drank twice and got caught both times, then he's an even bigger chump than I thought he was.

Does he test on a regular basis?

vCash
    If he only drank twice and got caught both times, then he's an even bigger chump than I thought he was.

Does he test on a regular basis?
    I said that I'm sure it's more than those two times, but who knows for sure.

I don't know about him but when Braun was going through the steroid stuff this offseason I believe he said he took 5 drug tests, so I assume its around the same for Hamilton

vCash
    I think he's a fantastic baseball player. I have some serious problems with him as a person.

vCash
    The only situation in which I even think about signing Hamilton is if we're unable to sign Greinke. And the largest contract I'd give him would be 5 yrs. worth 110 MIL with a vesting option for a sixth year. If we re-sign Greinke, I think that money can be spent better elsewhere.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast