• 3rd Basemen

5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Other options could be Jason Bay or Barry Zito.

vCash
    GA16Angels to the Mets forum for a poster to be named later
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    At least then I wouldn't have to deal with your sig slowing my browser down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I was randomly looking at the list of the most expensive players and I didn't realize that Vernon Wells was the second highest paid player in all of baseball behind only A-Rod in 2012. That's terrible!!

I wonder if we could trade him for Johan Santana? We'd have to probably include a prospect or something, but their contracts are very similar and the Mets need help in the outfield and we need a starting pitcher.
    I doubt the Mets would even think about accepting that.

vCash
    Lets face reality here guys, the Angels are stuck with Vernon Wells. He makes far too much money and does not produce enough (or much of anything really) to justify his salary or the willingness of another team wanting to take on the remainder or any portion therein of his contract. DiPoto is going to have to don his thinking cap for awhile this offseason in order to come up with anything remotely enticing for another team to take him off the Angels hands.

vCash
    idk if you guys remember this, but durring april or may hunter said he was very open to coming back and that money wasn't a big factor. We have to bring grienke back, he should be point and center in our efforts, and our bull pen problems come down to the fact that we haven't done a good job developing that aspect of the minors, the dodgers have a great bull pen, and with a few exceptions it's mostly been developed with in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    idk if you guys remember this, but durring april or may hunter said he was very open to coming back and that money wasn't a big factor.
    That was before he hit .313 and drove in game winning run after game winning run. He's got more leverage now than he did then.

something similar to the Abreu contract a few years ago? Maybe a little higher, 2 for 20 with a vesting option? More? Less? I have no idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    No. No Bourjos trade unless we get a very good 3rd baseman or a starter out of it in my opinion. I would trade Bourjos and Trumbo for Chase Headley and another one of their good relievers though.
    I've thought about something similar, but we just dont match up with the Padres needs at all.

They have Maybin in CF who is signed through 2016. They just signed Carlos Quintin in LF to a 2-3 year extension. Yonder Alonso at 1B who put up decent numbers in his first full big league season. Will Venable is in RF who is a young cost control guy who had about the same WAR and wOBP as Trumbo so there isnt.

To get Headley I think we would for sure have to start with Kaleb Cowart

I wonder if we could trade him for Johan Santana? We'd have to probably include a prospect or something, but their contracts are very similar and the Mets need help in the outfield and we need a starting pitcher.
    I dont think they need an OF that bad!

Santana has 11M less on his deal than Wells, and he is a lot better than Wells

Other options could be Jason Bay or Barry Zito.
    These seem like more realistic options

Bay has 23M less on his deal so we would likely have to kick in around 20M

Zito has 15M less on his deal so we would have to kick in 5M-8M

Another option is John Lackey, this is probably the one I like the most. Lackey has 11.5M less on his so once again we would likely have to include some money. I also dont know if the Angels would make this trade. But out of Bay, Zito, and Lackey, I think Lackey has the best chance to return his career norms.

At least then I wouldn't have to deal with your sig slowing my browser down.
    Does it really?

At least you get to look at Trout though

vCash
    sign haren, greinke, and hunter. trade vw for a sp or third baseman. morales trade for thirdbase or reliever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I've thought about something similar, but we just dont match up with the Padres needs at all.

They have Maybin in CF who is signed through 2016. They just signed Carlos Quintin in LF to a 2-3 year extension. Yonder Alonso at 1B who put up decent numbers in his first full big league season. Will Venable is in RF who is a young cost control guy who had about the same WAR and wOBP as Trumbo so there isnt.

To get Headley I think we would for sure have to start with Kaleb Cowart
    And I wouldn't hesitate to make a deal around Cowart for a real 3B.

vCash
    The Royals are expected to decline their $8MM team option on Joakim Soria for the 2013 season and instead buy the closer out for $750K, reports Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star. Despite the buyout, the Royals are interested in bringing Soria back and "both sides have expressed interest in working out a new deal."

Soria has just begun throwing for the first time since undergoing Tommy John surgery in March, the second time that he has undergone the procedure in his career. The right-hander was looking to rebound after a somewhat disappointing 2011 season by his standards, posting a 4.03 ERA with career-worsts in H/9 (9.0) and HR/9 (1.0) over 60 1/3 innings. The Royals also held an $8.75MM club option on Soria for the 2014 season.

A new contract with Soria would be the best-case scenario for Kansas City, as while Soria is still too valuable a commodity to let walk for nothing, $8MM is a large chunk of payroll to tie up in a closer coming off a second Tommy John surgery. Any deal that Soria signs this winter will be short-term and modestly-priced given his injury history, though Soria's track record would definitely earn him a lot of interest if he reaches free agency.
    If we brought in Soria that would be awesome

For some players free agency means long-term contract offers and lavish visits to the cities of interested teams. Jason Frasor is not one of those players, and he knows it. The 35-year-old right-hander remains flexible as his upcoming appearance on the free agent market approaches, and he insists he’ll play ‘for anybody.’

“I’m not too picky,” he told MLBTR this weekend. “They’re all big league cities and I’ve been to each one. The thing is there are so many middle relievers. It’s flooded with guys who do the same job as I do, so you’re really fighting for spots. There are only so many spots to go around.”

Frasor will hit free agency after the World Series ends and, assuming the Blue Jays don't make him a qualifying offer, he won’t be tied to draft pick compensation. He was linked to compensation as a Type A free agent the last time he hit free agency, following the 2010 season. Instead of hitting the market as a Type A player, he accepted Toronto's offer of arbitration before signing his current contract. It’s a process he won’t miss.

“Looking back, it wasn’t that fun,” Frasor said, reflecting on the now-defunct Type A and Type B designations. “It wasn’t that great. A few teams called, but I had strings attached ... I’m glad that’s gone. Now if they want you they can sign you. They don’t have to give up a first round pick for a middle reliever. That doesn’t make any sense.”

Frasor’s generally strong 2012 season ended with consecutive outings in which he allowed two earned runs without completing an inning. The Blue Jays’ all-time leader in career pitching appearances finished the year with a 4.12 ERA, 10.9 K.9, 4.5 BB/9 and a 38.4% ground ball rate in 50 appearances. His average fastball velocity remained 93 mph and his swinging strike rate stayed relatively constant at 9.0%. Those numbers will be enough to generate modest contract offers at a time that many teams are seeking relief help.

The nine-year veteran will weigh contract value and location when deciding where to sign this offseason. He prefers the East Coast, feels more comfortable in the American League and would ideally prefer to join a winning team.

“But again, that’s not going to stop me from signing with a West Coast team,” he added. “We’ll see.”

Frasor realizes middle relievers often wait until the new year before finding jobs, and he would like to avoid that fate if possible. His preference would be to sign relatively soon instead of drawing out the free agent process. Beyond that his next move is anybody’s guess.
    Over the last 3 seasons he has averaged

IP 56 H/9 8.7 ERA 3.76 K/9 9.4 BB/9 4.0

Wouldnt be a bad option to add to the middle of the pen

Three quarters of the way through a disappointing four-year contract, Chone Figgins wants out of Seattle. The 34-year-old utility player told John Hickey of SportsPressNW.com that he’d prefer not to play for the Mariners any longer (Twitter link).

"I can't take two more years of this," Figgins said.

Figgins' four-year, $36MM contract includes an $8MM salary in 2013 and a $9MM vesting option for 2014. He appeared in 66 games this year, posting a .181/.262/.271 batting line in 194 plate appearances. Figgins played third base and all three outfield positions, but appeared in Just four games from September on.
    I would love to bring back Figgins to put into Izturis' role. If he could have a year inbetween 2009/2010 he could even start at 3rd. This is dependent on the Mariners paying all of his salary and wanting little to nothing in return

vCash
    Ryan Madson is another option for the pen, he will probably cost under 5M, possibly under 3M.

If he can be anything close to what he was he would be a huge addition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Ryan Madson is another option for the pen, he will probably cost under 5M, possibly under 3M.

If he can be anything close to what he was he would be a huge addition
    Goddammit, I wanted to get him last year...oh, wait.

vCash
    re: Soria. I don't have any numbers on this, but don't two-time Tommy John-ers have a way lower success rate than one? I could be way wrong on that, I just thought I heard it before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I doubt the Mets would even think about accepting that.
    I don't know, he had a pretty bad year. I suppose he has a little more upside, but if they were getting a prospect in return, they might consider it.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast