27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles

18 66.67%
  • Steelers

9 33.33%
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agj88 View Post
    It all depends on how they got the 16 points, they were able to methodically drive the ball down field taking big chunks of time off the clock. Like
    I have stated before there were what 6 or 7 steelers dropped passes that would have extended drives, we were fortunate that their receivers didnt make these catches or the score would have been much different.

Vick is not free of blame but people are making him out to be the only reason why we lost which is not the case
    I dont mean to sound like a douche here but I am really questioning if you EVER watched a Steelers game int he past 15 years. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I support Andy, I do NOT support Vick because outside of 6 games he's been crap his entire time here.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthian View Post
    80 points in 5 games. It looks like after this week we may be the lowest scoring team in the NFL...that makes NO Sense.
    ugh... wow thats nasty. All the talent in the world on our offense but we have 1 person thats holding us back....at one GIGANTIC position. I heard McNabb is looking for work i kid...

Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    Are people really blaming the D?
    this is what I've been saying I keep hearing people complaining about our d giving up big plays so on so on... numbers dont lie and our defense was NOT the problem today.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    comes down to one major play again...Vick fumbling on the goal line. Thats points off the board. Even if they kick a field goal they still win this one.

The oline is not helping the cause but Vick still needs to control the ball.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    It's fair to put a fair share of blame for the defense for allowing the last drive as well.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    McNabb also had a different Offensive coordinator and circumstances (talent around him/rule changes). That is why this part of my quote:

The 4-5 year part is very important. If you ignore that part, it changes the meaning in everything I said.

Since 09, the worse one of our QBs has been ranked in YDS/A is this year at 14 (7.39) overall in the league (still over 7). Before this year is was 11 at 7.81 YDS/A.

Obviously we still have plenty of season to go, so this year can't be counted yet, but the point is that if you look at the last few years we have transformed into a deep ball oriented offense (with the arrival of Maclin and Jackson).
    And because of Vick which is what I said. The philosophy has more to do with Vick than Andy

If Andy had more of a quick pass qb he'd run that type of offense. See Jeff Garcia and Kevin kolb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    And because of Vick which is what I said. The philosophy has more to do with Vick than Andy

If Andy had more of a quick pass qb he'd run that type of offense. See Jeff Garcia and Kevin kolb
    Ok, I'll give you that. If he had a QB who whose strengths were the short to intermediate areas, he would run the offense that way.

That said, when you look at McNabb's last year here, the offensive weapons we draft/target (Maclin, Jackson, and even Damaris Johnson who is now the 4th Wr), and Vick's last couple of seasons, he has transitioned the offense into a deep ball offense.

If he would run the ball more, instead of waiting until he needs to run the ball, everything would flow more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I'd take about 23 QB's right now over Vick. And we'd be in a better situation

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Anyone blaming just Vick is ********.
    Anyone blaming just Reid is ********.
    Anyone blaming just the defense is ********.
    Anyone blaming just the playcalling is ********.

This team has multiple issues.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Also, with all things being equal, the previous fumbles had no impact in the last drive when the defense failed to get off the field. Offense put us ahead, defense had a chance to seal it and couldn't.

Several third and longs converted, no pressure, missed tackles, etc. when we needed them to go won a game for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I'd take about 23 QB's right now over Vick. And we'd be in a better situation
    We'd be 5-0 with a top 10 qb. That's how good the surrounding cast is.

vCash
    Are we 5-0 with Alex Smith? 4-1 at least?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Also, with all things being equal, the previous fumbles had no impact in the last drive when the defense failed to get off the field. Offense put us ahead, defense had a chance to seal it and couldn't.

Several third and longs converted, no pressure, missed tackles, etc. when we needed them to go won a game for us.
    Fumble cost us 7 points( no 7 points wasn't guaranteed but on the 1 yard line with the best back in football it's not out of the realm

Also I believe you didnt watch the game if you did you would know the steelers were dead in the water and those fumbles sprung them. They had like 1 yard until those fumbles and the eagles were moving everywhere they wanted.

Right after those fumbles the steelers suddenly turned on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    5-0. No doubt in my mind, our losses have been turnover based. Plain and simple.

For me not "believing" in RGIII I'd venture to say we'd be 4-1 with him at qb

vCash
    The only thing I can say to defend Vick is that he is dealing with a O-line in shambles and play calling that doesn't help them or him. Losing Peters before the season was a killer blow.

The defense was fine. They weren't dominant, but they allowed 16 points. If your defense holds the other team to 16 points, while the offense and ST put them in bad field position, how can you complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    We'd be 4-1 with a stop on the last drive today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Fumble cost us 7 points( no 7 points wasn't guaranteed but on the 1 yard line with the best back in football it's not out of the realm

Also I believe you didnt watch the game if you did you would know the steelers were dead in the water and those fumbles sprung them. They had like 1 yard until those fumbles and the eagles were moving everywhere they wanted.

Right after those fumbles the steelers suddenly turned on.
    Then give the best back the ****ing ball!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    We'd be 4-1 with a stop on the last drive today.
    I understand your point that there's blame to go around for everyone. It's that way in every game and every loss. But I think undoubtedly the biggest issue here is turnovers and therefore Vick.

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast