I was thinking the other day about trying a mid-season mock in the NFL Mock off-season forum. Here is a brief concept of it. The main thing is that we would need VERY ACTIVE GM's in order to make it run right. Here is a brief little overview but it seems like people would be interested.
1. The intent is that it if there are enough active people that this will just keep rolling.
2. You do not need to spend a lot of time because of how spread out this is. I do however ask that you are able to spend 10 minutes a day in addition to creating your clubhouse and maintaining it.
3. I can take care of all the randomizing of games etc. on Sunday. What we need is the active people to vote on the games. This means that starting Saturday night you will need (if you miss a week or 2 its fine but you need to vote!) to vote for each game.
4. It will only work if we have active people. We are hoping that we will have co-GMs. A trade will only be valid if BOTH gms send in a trade to prevent problems from previous mocks occurring in this one.
5. This will pretty much follow the NFL schedule as time of events goes. The off-season (if we make it there) will be boring.
6. Why a mid-season mock? It adds value to draft picks. Last mock people were throwing picks away. This will help to prevent that because as the rookies play IRL it increases their value in this game.
7. Also, by this game being continuous, it forces you to think for the future, like most NFL gm's.
As far as wins and voting correspond, please read this:
What we should do is start one this season, pick teams etc. And then do this as a continuous one where games have to vote on the Matchups each week. We could then calculate the odds like if its the Falcons vs. Browns we do percents. With those percents we put it into Randomizer (say that the Falcons got 90% of the vote , they would get get 90 (60 of the entries would be 10+ point win, 20 would be 7-10 and 10 would be 1-6 point win) for The same would go for the Browns and entered into the randomizing pool) from there you hit random a few times and then you pick it on like the 4th time. We will also work on determining the score if enough people are interested.
If we can fill up 32 teams I would take care of the Standings and scores for each week.
In the off-season this would continue like a normal off-season.
INJURIES would be according to real life. If Brady is out for his career he is no longer part of this game.
Tentative list (we are aiming for 35-38 gms). I apologize if I misspell your username. I am in a hurry right now.