Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    vCash
    we need to somehow upgrade our secondary. culliver got abused last night

vCash
    After the superbowl, we do have some needs. We only played with two receivers the whole game, and one of them wasn't trying....
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    After the superbowl, we do have some needs. We only played with two receivers the whole game, and one of them wasn't trying....
    the greatest ever

vCash
    Yea...idk how he can be the greatest ever then give a sorry effort like that
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, people around the league expect the 49ers to decide Alex Smith's fate "well before" April 1.
    On that date, Smith's $7.5 million salary becomes guaranteed if he's on the 49ers' offseason roster. Per Schefter, the 49ers will owe Smith "nothing" if he's traded before March 14. If he's released before March 14, the 49ers would only owe him a $1 million roster bonus. So March 14 is essentially the deadline for Smith. He's not going to be with San Francisco any longer than that

Did I read this write? Adam Schefter is reporting that people around the league think???? HAHAHAH, the 49ers will do what it takes. Jed York even mentioned considering keeping Alex. releasing Smith would be foolish and something Terry Donahue would do.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    I would be surprised if the 9ers got rid of Walker. I could see Walker wanting to leave for more money, but he definitely is involved in the 9ers gameplans. I like him, so hope he stays!

Needs IMO (in no particular order):
    1 - Goldson
    2 - Backup for Justin
    3 - #2 WR
    4 - Kicker

Would love to get Revis after watching Rogers all season and Culliver the last half of the season.

Also, I'm so disappointed in Aldon. He pulled a Culliver also IMO. Just awful the last half of the season.

vCash
    My feeling going into this off season is we can resign our guys and still be a contender. However we need to make a splash with a big time player.

I believe it has to be a big time DB. Obviously Revis comes to mind. I believe you bring him in if you can. I believe we can(Alex + 1st) Revis shuts down one half of the field pretty much. With him in the mix I think you have the best corners in the league. I still really like Brown. He is a borderline # 1, and quite possibly the best #2. Culliver as the third corner is still an absolute strength. Where does that leave Rogers? Well personally I would trade him or cut him. It has nothing to do with him personally, its just with Revis and the money he'd be getting Rogers would be to expensive for a #3. Unless you feel you can move him to safety.

Which brings me to my next point. I think we need to get rid of one of the safties if a ball hawking safty is available. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Reed. However if he is available you need to get him. Two other guys come to mind, and thats William Moore, and Jarius Byrd. Are either one of those guys better then Goldson, or Whitner no! However IMO one of them paired with Goldson or Whitner is better then Goldson and Whitner together. Perfect world is you get Revis, Re sign Goldson, Move Whitner, Rogers and sign one of (Reed,Moore, Byrd) Likely hood of that is probably 40%. I think we do get Revis, and resign Goldson, and move Rogers.

The other area I feel we are at a crossroads on is receivers. We need an absolute stretch guy. Someone who takes the top off of defenses. Mike Wallace obviously comes to mind. I don't see us affording him and Revis. To many other moves/cuts would have to be made. Can A.J Jenkins be that guy? I think the team could seem him in that regard. Crabtree is the best slot guy in the game. Davis is amazing down the seems. We have talented backs for in the flats. We just really need that vertical threat. I'm not saying Crabs,Davis aren't good deep cuz they are. However they need a little more help getting open, and a deep threat does that. Also Walker has to come back. He does way to much not too. Perfect world scenario is Mike Wallace. Likely scenario is A.J Jenkins.

Kicker is another priority. Akers will be gone, we will save good money there. I think we draft one of the two stud kickers in the draft. We are in a position where we have good depth, and a plethora of picks. So the stars are all lined up for that.

As far as our lines go. There is two paths, which IMO both are going to bring success. Offensively the only question is do we release Goodwin, and save money? Kilgore could be ready to be our starter. Or do we stay with the sure thing. For me personally, I want Revis, and Wallace. So i'm on the side of letting Goodwin go, bringing in a cheap vet to compete with Kilgore, and drafting O Line depth.

Defensively our "center" on D is Issac. RFJ is not the answer. However he is a great depth guy for our line. I think if you have your first rounder you get one of the Williams guys. If you don't, im not sure a stud prospect is there in the second round. I have faith in our own Williams, I think you can patch it up with him and a F.A. I should step back for a second. If and only if Issac is asking for a lot of money do we move on. If he's willing to take less and stay its a no brainier he stays. We do need to draft depth here though.

To me those are the only areas of real concern. Well maybe not concern, but the areas with the biggest issues? It's really good issues to have. We are in a position where i think either way we go we will be alright. I don't see any reason to panic. I also can't see a scenario with us blowing it either. We are at a point where we can be in cruise control and be alright. To me I think we could win a ring next season if we stand pat. However for me I want to be aggressive and put ourselves in the position of absolute favorites for the next 4 to 5 years. I think the Packers made the mistake of standing pat, when they won the Superbowl a few years ago, I don't want to do the same.

vCash
    so if we cut ties with Moss and Ginn.... who do we have left?

Kyle Williams
    Crabtree
    Manningham
    Jenkins

Who am I missing?

With Manningham's recovery an unknown, wonder if they'll keep both Moss and Ginn.

vCash
    Bowe is a free agent so is mike Wallace.... We need one of those guys preferably Wallace.... Let Walker walk I heard/read niners are in love with Ertz from Stanford. Also we need a kicker and major db help...and yes a back up for Justin. But this is a passing league and Crabtree and a shakey manningham won't cut it. Now with gholdson I dunno he doesn't cover to well and goes for the hit instead of the pick

vCash
    Maybe Greg Jennings?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    Since when was Culliver #31?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    so if we cut ties with Moss and Ginn.... who do we have left?

Kyle Williams
    Crabtree
    Manningham
    Jenkins

Who am I missing?

With Manningham's recovery an unknown, wonder if they'll keep both Moss and Ginn.
    Ginn offers nothing as a WR. With Kyle Williams and LaMichael James, the writing is on the wall with Ginn. If you asked me a week ago about Moss, I'd say keep him, but with him complaining about his role and putting forth that sub par effort last night, there is no way I want him back. If we bring back those 4 WRs you mentioned (or replace Manningham with a similarly priced FA if the doctors don't think he'll be 100% Week 1) plus add a middle round rookie, I think we'll be set at WR. We're going to use 2 TE sets and 1 TE/1 FB sets a lot in Harbaugh's offense. You really only need 2-3 WRs in a game. Unfortunately, the last two seasons have hit us with the injury bug at the position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    Culliver didn't play his best, but anyone with a football mind would see that it wasn't as bad as you made it out to be. Donte Whitner played far worse than Culliver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I would be surprised if the 9ers got rid of Walker. I could see Walker wanting to leave for more money, but he definitely is involved in the 9ers gameplans. I like him, so hope he stays!

Needs IMO (in no particular order):
    1 - Goldson
    2 - Backup for Justin
    3 - #2 WR
    4 - Kicker

Would love to get Revis after watching Rogers all season and Culliver the last half of the season.

Also, I'm so disappointed in Aldon. He pulled a Culliver also IMO. Just awful the last half of the season.
    Aldon Smith has been playing with a shoulder injury for the second half of the season. Notice how he's limited at practice every week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Well, it's time to move on from the disappointing Super Bowl finish and look towards the draft and free agency. Here are some of my thoughts moving forward:

1)The #1 offseason priority for the 49ers is to re-sign Dashon Goldson to a long-term deal.

2)The 49ers need to clear some cap space. The obvious move is to trade Alex Smith. The team also needs to release some other players who are under contract. Parys Haralson is one obvious choice, but they will also have to make a more difficult choice or two (Johnathan Goodwin?). Also, certain free agents probably will have to be let go including Ginn, Sopoaga, and Delanie Walker.

3)The 49ers need to make a decision at WR. I no longer want to bring back Randy Moss. The 49ers doctors have to evaluate Mario Manningham to decide whether or not he will be able to come back at full strength next year. If they determine that he can, then Mario should stay on the team. If they think there a strong possibility that he won't, then the team should release him and bring in a free agent WR in the $3-5 mil range (someone like James Jones was a couple years ago).

4) The 49ers need to address the defensive line with two of their early picks. One pick to find a starting NT and the other to find Justin Smith's heir. Also, the 49ers should consider using a middle round pick on a #2 TE. Since the 49ers have so many picks, they should consider moving up a couple of times. My current thoughts are for them to draft a player like Jesse Williams or Sylvester Williams in the first round, then move up to the early 2nd round and secure Margus Hunt. Then use middle round picks on CB, WR, and TE. If they do those things, I think they will set themselves up nicely.
    Don't they have something like 13 picks this year? They could package a bunch of those to move up into the 3rd or 4th where alot of good linemen and DBs should still be available.

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast