Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1080
  1. #961
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,116
    vCash
    1500

    According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, people around the league expect the 49ers to decide Alex Smith's fate "well before" April 1.
    On that date, Smith's $7.5 million salary becomes guaranteed if he's on the 49ers' offseason roster. Per Schefter, the 49ers will owe Smith "nothing" if he's traded before March 14. If he's released before March 14, the 49ers would only owe him a $1 million roster bonus. So March 14 is essentially the deadline for Smith. He's not going to be with San Francisco any longer than that
    via Roto

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Queens,ny
    Posts
    283
    vCash
    1500

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The beez neez
    Posts
    16,158
    vCash
    1500
    The 49ers are "highly interested" in trading for New York Jets' cornerback Darrelle Revis, sources have told CBS Sports' Mike Freeman.

    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/repo...darrelle-revis

    OMG!!!!
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,116
    vCash
    1500
    Not gonna happen.

  5. #965
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Lattimore would sit on the PUP/IR for a year, wouldn't hurt the cap this year. Guy is a top 10-15 pick if he stayed healthy, if he doesn't recover then its a 4th rounder gone, bit deal. He's a true 3 down guy, and at his best, I'd take him over Hunter more than likely so in terms of a mock draft, yeah I'd take that gamble.

    Didn't his agent say he's already walking with no cast and will be ready for week 1, ala Willis McGahe

    props to vick27m

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt912f View Post
    Didn't his agent say he's already walking with no cast and will be ready for week 1, ala Willis McGahe
    His agent is supposed to make him look good, at best I would activate him off of the PUP after week 6 (which I believe is the minimum), but better to sit out a year to fully get it healed IMO. If he's getting as healthy as reports are saying, he may be a really early pick which would put him out of our draft range.

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    His agent is supposed to make him look good, at best I would activate him off of the PUP after week 6 (which I believe is the minimum), but better to sit out a year to fully get it healed IMO. If he's getting as healthy as reports are saying, he may be a really early pick which would put him out of our draft range.
    Oh I know and agree with you completely, I think he'll end up a 2nd rounder by april, for your mock he's prolly an absurd value in the 4th round, but he's totally unneeded for our team, even if we do stash him for a year

    props to vick27m

  8. #968
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    RedandGold, good pick with Darius Slay in the 5th. With one of the other two 5th rounders, I'd eye Marcus Davis, the 6'4" WR out of Virginia Tech who is expected to run a sub 4.5 forty. He is a project who needs to improve on his fundamentals, but he compares nicely to Stephen Hill from last year. In the 5th round, a project like this is worth the pick. Also, with the last 5th rounder, I'd grab one of the two kickers. If Hopkins is there, I'd take him. If not, Sturgis should be.

  9. #969
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Well, it's time to move on from the disappointing Super Bowl finish and look towards the draft and free agency. Here are some of my thoughts moving forward:

    1)The #1 offseason priority for the 49ers is to re-sign Dashon Goldson to a long-term deal.

    2)The 49ers need to clear some cap space. The obvious move is to trade Alex Smith. The team also needs to release some other players who are under contract. Parys Haralson is one obvious choice, but they will also have to make a more difficult choice or two (Johnathan Goodwin?). Also, certain free agents probably will have to be let go including Ginn, Sopoaga, and Delanie Walker.

    3)The 49ers need to make a decision at WR. I no longer want to bring back Randy Moss. The 49ers doctors have to evaluate Mario Manningham to decide whether or not he will be able to come back at full strength next year. If they determine that he can, then Mario should stay on the team. If they think there a strong possibility that he won't, then the team should release him and bring in a free agent WR in the $3-5 mil range (someone like James Jones was a couple years ago).

    4) The 49ers need to address the defensive line with two of their early picks. One pick to find a starting NT and the other to find Justin Smith's heir. Also, the 49ers should consider using a middle round pick on a #2 TE. Since the 49ers have so many picks, they should consider moving up a couple of times. My current thoughts are for them to draft a player like Jesse Williams or Sylvester Williams in the first round, then move up to the early 2nd round and secure Margus Hunt. Then use middle round picks on CB, WR, and TE. If they do those things, I think they will set themselves up nicely.

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Well, it's time to move on from the disappointing Super Bowl finish and look towards the draft and free agency. Here are some of my thoughts moving forward:

    1)The #1 offseason priority for the 49ers is to re-sign Dashon Goldson to a long-term deal.

    2)The 49ers need to clear some cap space. The obvious move is to trade Alex Smith. The team also needs to release some other players who are under contract. Parys Haralson is one obvious choice, but they will also have to make a more difficult choice or two (Johnathan Goodwin?). Also, certain free agents probably will have to be let go including Ginn, Sopoaga, and Delanie Walker.

    3)The 49ers need to make a decision at WR. I no longer want to bring back Randy Moss. The 49ers doctors have to evaluate Mario Manningham to decide whether or not he will be able to come back at full strength next year. If they determine that he can, then Mario should stay on the team. If they think there a strong possibility that he won't, then the team should release him and bring in a free agent WR in the $3-5 mil range (someone like James Jones was a couple years ago).

    4) The 49ers need to address the defensive line with two of their early picks. One pick to find a starting NT and the other to find Justin Smith's heir. Also, the 49ers should consider using a middle round pick on a #2 TE. Since the 49ers have so many picks, they should consider moving up a couple of times. My current thoughts are for them to draft a player like Jesse Williams or Sylvester Williams in the first round, then move up to the early 2nd round and secure Margus Hunt. Then use middle round picks on CB, WR, and TE. If they do those things, I think they will set themselves up nicely.
    I agree with about everything you said except not bringing back Sopoaga. He shouldn't be expensive, and we need a vet there. At the very least bring him back on a 1 year deal.

    I no longer want Moss back either. I'm still pissed about him saying he's the best receiver ever and then lays an egg in the Superbowl, again
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  11. #971
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,264
    vCash
    1500
    WR opposite crabs.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  12. #972
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,116
    vCash
    1500
    This is going to be my only thread for quite some time, really tore up still from tonight, so won't have any well thought out ideas for a few days.

  13. #973
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Newark, California
    Posts
    2,131
    vCash
    1500
    1. Goldson
    2. Backup QB
    3. Justin Smith under study
    4. WR depth. I am also done with Moss. He'll become a distraction next year.

  14. #974
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,264
    vCash
    1500
    Is there any Julio jones type receivers coming out?

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  15. #975
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Is there any Julio jones type receivers coming out?
    No, not this year. There aren't any WRs that are expected to be top 15 picks at this point. Of course, the combine could change that. I think the consensus best WR is Keenan Allen. He's a 6'2" 210 lb WR out of Cal. I think we should find a WR in the middle rounds and via free agency assuming that Manningham isn't brought back. If Manningham is brought back, then I'm fine with this: Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, mid-round rookie.

Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •