Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would rather have a three down DT like Shariff Floyd or Jesse Williams over Jenkins.

Sop only played a little over 300 snaps this season. Not sure Baalke will invest a first rounder on a two down NT if they'll play only 300-400 snaps a season because of how much nickel we play.
    Last edited by Bowman53; 01-18-2013 at 03:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cencal View Post
    With all the new head coaches what is Alex Smith going to bring us this offseason? New head coaches know they must perform immediately and could be worried tying their career to a rookie QB. Im believing alex will get us a 2nd rounder and really put us in great position with two 2nds and three 3rd rounders.
    Alex will get us a 4th/5th rounder at best. Teams know that he will be released on April 1st if we can't trade him. His entire 2013 salary becomes fully guaranteed on that date and the 49ers are up against the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    I would rather have a three down DT like Shariff Floyd or Jesse Williams over Jenkins.

Sop only played a little over 300 snaps this season. Not sure Baalke will invest a first rounder on a two down NT if they'll play only 300-400 snaps a season because of how much nickel we play.
    Shariff Floyd doesn't have the ability to play NT. Hunt is the pick for DE/DT that RedandGold had. The likely NT options at the end of the 1st round will be Jenkins, Jesse Williams, and Sylvester Williams. We will likely invest an early pick at NT because not only is Sopoaga a FA, but so is Ricky Jean-Francois.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    In a fan mock draft, I doubt he is there in the 4th. Actually, in the real draft I doubt he is there either. I think he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd round. At some point, his talent will be worth the risk for some team.
    I highly doubt Matheiu will go in the second round in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Let the Logan Ryan train begin to leave R&G station!!!
    90 tackles, 4 INTs and 18 pass break ups!!!!

homer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Let the Logan Ryan train begin to leave R&G station!!!
    90 tackles, 4 INTs and 18 pass break ups!!!!

homer
    Not a homer, the kid seems to be legit. I wish I watched more of his stuff
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Not a homer, the kid seems to be legit. I wish I watched more of his stuff
    Lol no he's legit, but you all know how I get with my RU guys.

vCash
    yea yea lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Alex will get us a 4th/5th rounder at best. Teams know that he will be released on April 1st if we can't trade him. His entire 2013 salary becomes fully guaranteed on that date and the 49ers are up against the cap.
    IMHO I think he will either net us a 2nd this year (plus another possible late rounder) and a 2/3 next year (based on performance) or he won't get us anything. Like you said, teams know we'll cut him. So anyone who will make a trade for him is going to be desperate enough to say they don't want to let him test the market.

His value is going to differ widely depending on what the team feels it needs.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Alex is the best QB available this offseason and he is only 28 teams will be eager to get a solid QB that doesnt turn the ball over. Alex played like a top 15 qb. Even the browns spent a first on a 28 year old qb

vCash
    Damn, popped my 10,000th post today, don't remember which it was.....

vCash
    Anybody have an opinion of trading up into the 2nd in the PSD mock? We've got a 3rd, 4th, three 5ths, two 6ths, two 7ths

vCash
    If you trade too many picks then the draft doesn't really benefit us a whole lot ya know? If they have a post combine one, I wouldn't trade up in the first round

vCash
    Yeah I know, right now we're opperating on a less is more strategy tho, or quality over quantity. Figured we would treat this one like we're the GM, don't have alot of assumed cap space, need to get the guys to fill in and that's about it. I figure if we can hold onto a 5th we can land a kicker that we need, the rest are flexible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Anybody have an opinion of trading up into the 2nd in the PSD mock? We've got a 3rd, 4th, three 5ths, two 6ths, two 7ths
    If you can do it without giving up the 4th, do it. If not, stay put. With the earlier trade-up, I think it is important to still have 2 picks before the end of the 4th. In real life we'll have the comp picks too so maybe then it would be different.

Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast