Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    The problem with Amerson is that he regressed this year. And it wasn't because teams were throwing away, he got beat a lot by some of the best WR prospects this year.
    Now I agree with you but remember if not for a down year this year, we might have no chance at all at him at the end of the 1st.

I just think he's too good of a prospect to pass up. He is in essence my draft crush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Now I agree with you but remember if not for a down year this year, we might have no chance at all at him at the end of the 1st.

I just think he's too good of a prospect to pass up. He is in essence my draft crush.
    Your right, but with his down year we could very well have a shot at him late 2nd if we don't trade up with that pick. Milliner, Banks, Poyer, Logan and Rhodes could all possibly pass him in teams eyes with good workouts and combine as they all had much better years.

vCash
    Your right, but with his down year we could very well have a shot at him late 2nd if we don't trade up with that pick. Milliner, Banks, Poyer, Logan and Rhodes could all possibly pass him in teams eyes with good workouts and combine as they all had much better years.
    Wow to get him in the 2nd rd I mean even if he has to go to safety later in his career he would be great. Ronnie Lott made the switch and was a beast. Not saying this guy is a ronnie Lott just saying.

vCash
    That's been my opinion of him all along(becoming a safety).

vCash
    That's been my opinion of him all along(becoming a safety).
    Hey and that's fine, I'm in love with his ball skills. He can hit and has great hands. HOWEVER, I think he will be a good CB. I want to see his combine numbers, pro day, and performance in the East-West Shrine Game.

vCash
    Hey and that's fine, I'm in love with his ball skills. He can hit and has great hands. HOWEVER, I think he will be a good CB. I want to see his combine numbers, pro day, and performance in the East-West Shrine Game.
    I just think that if a CB has issues with his hips now, before the pros, then you just move him to safety immediately and maximize your payout from that guy.

vCash
    Hey and that's fine, I'm in love with his balls. He can hit and has great hands. HOWEVER, I think he will be a good CB. I want to see his combine numbers, pro day, and performance in the East-West Shrine Game.
    Fixed lol jk

vCash
    I sure wouldn't mind taking a page out of Seattles book on getting enormous corners
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I sure wouldn't mind taking a page out of Seattles book on getting enormous corners
    A Sherman or Browner I don't think he would be, but with his tendency to attack the ball combined with his height, he would make a really good coverage safety. Have to keep up with the game, and right now the trend is enormous TEs with speed to get down field. This makes teams have to double, of all things, a TE, leaving WRs less covered and more open. The next logical step is going to be taller, faster safeties who can cover that one guy man to man. Enter guys like Amerson. Taller and faster than your average safety with better ball skills, but just lacking enough in his fluidity to cover WRs.

vCash
    I mean are we planning on signing Dashon to a long term deal or franchise him again?

What happens if we lose him? Then we will need a good safety. Justin Smith will have at least 2 more years at a reasonably high level. If we can get a good DT/NT down near the bottom of the first rd then fine. But Soapoaga doesn't need to be replaced, so who's to say a NT an te end of the 1st would start. Same goes for a TE. Is there really a TE worth taking who would be available after 30?

I would love a CB, but Amerson is really good. His fluidity was not a problem last year, he struggled this year. He only projects that way because of his size. People projected Sherman to become a safety as well. Amerson's ball skills are amazing. If he were to make the end of the 1st he would be a STEAL. Remember he led the nation in INTs last year (2011-2012).
    I would assume the goal is to lock Goldson up to a long-term deal, however, he will at the very least be franchised again. Therefore, we won't lose him. Justin Smith is a free agent after next year. We will have a lot of free agents to deal with then and it's likely we are going to have to let him walk. In my opinion, it is important to let him walk. Sopoaga and Delanie are both free agents after this season. Neither should be re-signed. Therefore, both of those positions need to be addressed (RJF is also a free agent so NT will basically be Ian Williams). Amerson will never be Sherman. That is not a rational argument. Just because people projected one player to be a safety and he ended up being a really good CB, doesn't mean Amerson will be. Most players who are projected to be a safety never amount to be a very good CB. Rob Rang, one of the better draft analysts in my opinion, projects Amerson as a 2nd/3rd rounder.

vCash
    A Sherman or Browner I don't think he would be, but with his tendency to attack the ball combined with his height, he would make a really good coverage safety. Have to keep up with the game, and right now the trend is enormous TEs with speed to get down field. This makes teams have to double, of all things, a TE, leaving WRs less covered and more open. The next logical step is going to be taller, faster safeties who can cover that one guy man to man. Enter guys like Amerson. Taller and faster than your average safety with better ball skills, but just lacking enough in his fluidity to cover WRs.
    Definitely not. The Niners get called for that kind of crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't damage Colins development.
    Harbaugh has a huge hand in the tutelage and mentoring of Kap, unlike Nolan/Sing and the bevy of OCs who just told Alex to learn rather then them trying to teach him some things. Harbaalke will get it right if a decision has to be made in regards to the OC or QB coach.

vCash
    What better situation can there be for a QB, you promote the guy who has been working with him as QBs coach to OC, you have a QB guru for a HC, and then try to lure his guy from Nevada who knows his game inside and out as the new QBs coach.

vCash
    What better situation can there be for a QB, you promote the guy who has been working with him as QBs coach to OC, you have a QB guru for a HC, and then try to lure his guy from Nevada who knows his game inside and out as the new QBs coach.
    The Niners tried that with Hostler after Turner left. It's a nice idea...but the guy has to be competent, which Hostler was not. I'm not sure about Cryst, but I'm OK if they promote him for next year. I wouldn't mind Ault replacing Cryst as the QB coach, but I don't want him as the OC. I'm cool with read-option in the offense...but not with read-option AS the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    The Niners tried that with Hostler after Turner left. It's a nice idea...but the guy has to be competent, which Hostler was not. I'm not sure about Cryst, but I'm OK if they promote him for next year. I wouldn't mind Ault replacing Cryst as the QB coach, but I don't want him as the OC. I'm cool with read-option in the offense...but not with read-option AS the offense.
    Like you said, Hostler was not competent. Most of the assistants on Nolan's and Singletary's staffs were not competent. We have several coaches on this team who have head coaching ability and all of the assistants are quality hires. Chryst will make an excellent Roman replacement...but, I'm hoping Roman doesn't get an offer.

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast