Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 1080
  1. #646
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    The cap not really going up has been known since before the season started. Maiocco has posted articles about how the Niners have 40 ish players signed next year and are currently projected at less that $1M under the cap since about mid-season. I don't know where you've been...but for someone who calls me stupid and and idiot...you're pretty ignorant.
    Nah, I don't go through and read all of Maicco's articles. I call you stupid and an idiot all the time because you pull **** out of your *** and try to pass it off as brown popsicles. You say you have all these facts, when they are just your opinions (which aren't facts by any means)...I mean you are the guy who said a receiver has to be over 6'2 to be a go to guy and a ton of other nonsense. So yea, I think my claim about you sticks
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Nah, I don't go through and read all of Maicco's articles. I call you stupid and an idiot all the time because you pull **** out of your *** and try to pass it off as brown popsicles. You say you have all these facts, when they are just your opinions (which aren't facts by any means)...I mean you are the guy who said a receiver has to be over 6'2 to be a go to guy and a ton of other nonsense. So yea, I think my claim about you sticks
    Here is why you're an idiot...I never said that at any point. I said offenses are best when they diverse receiving options. A "go to guy" or "#1 WR" is defined (in my opinion) as someone who dictates coverages. Your ignorance is what squeezed what I said down to "a WR is no good unless he's tall and fast". So yeah, you're claim about me has no merit since it's based on false interpretations.

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Here is why you're an idiot...I never said that at any point. I said offenses are best when they diverse receiving options. A "go to guy" or "#1 WR" is defined (in my opinion) as someone who dictates coverages. Your ignorance is what squeezed what I said down to "a WR is no good unless he's tall and fast". So yeah, you're claim about me has no merit since it's based on false interpretations.
    lol, everyone has made fun of you for the past year because thats what you said
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    lol, everyone has made fun of you for the past year because thats what you said
    That's why it gets so frustrating. Everybody makes fun of me about it...yet that's NOT what I said. I said from the start that Jenkins has potential to be a very good WR. It was understood and agreed by everybody that any rookie WR on the team would most likely for all intents and purposes have a red shirt year. My argument was why not take the guy with the higher talent ceiling who presents a bad matchup to the defense ragardless of who the defender is.

    You and Lakers starting doing that "reductio ad absurdum" (if you will forgive the Big Bang Theory reference) in claiming that I said all WRs who aren't 6'2" or taller suck.
    Last edited by NinerHomer49; 01-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,046
    vCash
    1500
    I really like Alex Smith, but trading him is definitely best for all parties involved. We could use the cap space, he deserves a chance to play, etc.

    The Jets have been linked to hiring Norv Turner and I think Smith would be the perfect fit for the jets.

    I do not think Smith should be cut, I think he has too much value... as solid quarterback with a reasonable salary... especially with so many teams desperate for a quarterback. I know rookie qbs had good seasons this year, but I don't think every team with qb issues could depend on a rookie.

    I do not think Goodwin gets cut... center is a really important piece, especially for a young quarterback, so I think they keep him. Manningham may get cut. He was good but not great.

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    I really like Alex Smith, but trading him is definitely best for all parties involved. We could use the cap space, he deserves a chance to play, etc.

    The Jets have been linked to hiring Norv Turner and I think Smith would be the perfect fit for the jets.

    I do not think Smith should be cut, I think he has too much value... as solid quarterback with a reasonable salary... especially with so many teams desperate for a quarterback. I know rookie qbs had good seasons this year, but I don't think every team with qb issues could depend on a rookie.

    I do not think Goodwin gets cut... center is a really important piece, especially for a young quarterback, so I think they keep him. Manningham may get cut. He was good but not great.
    Mannignham was pretty stellar when in there for the most part
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    That's why it gets so frustrating. Everybody makes fun of me about it...yet that's NOT what I said. I said from the start that Jenkins has potential to be a very good WR. It was understood and agreed by everybody that any rookie WR on the team would most likely for all intents and purposes have a red shirt year. My argument was why not take the guy with the higher talent ceiling who presents a bad matchup to the defense ragardless of who the defender is.

    You and Lakers starting doing that "reductio ad absurdum" (if you will forgive the Big Bang Theory reference) in claiming that I said all WRs who aren't 6'2" or taller suck.
    You were 100% against picking Jenkins. I was also, but that was because I wanted Fleener. Your main reason for not liking Jenkins was because he was only 6' tall lol. We all know what you said
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    You were 100% against picking Jenkins. I was also, but that was because I wanted Fleener. Your main reason for not liking Jenkins was because he was only 6' tall lol. We all know what you said
    Because he was only 6' tall AND (very important "and") the Niners already had a few WRs like that on the roster. In addition, WRs like that can be found throughout the draft. Fleener would have done them better in hindsight. I was against Fleener at that time because I didn't expect Walker to go from non-stellar but serviceable hands to complete crap.

    A 6' WR is not a bad thing. A 6' WR when you already have a few and a defense's matchup nightmare (2 actually if you count Fleener) are available IS a bad thing. If they picked Jenkins in rd 3...I'd have been fine with it. You don't use a 1st round pick on 3rd round talent.

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,722
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Because he was only 6' tall AND (very important "and") the Niners already had a few WRs like that on the roster. In addition, WRs like that can be found throughout the draft. Fleener would have done them better in hindsight. I was against Fleener at that time because I didn't expect Walker to go from non-stellar but serviceable hands to complete crap.

    A 6' WR is not a bad thing. A 6' WR when you already have a few and a defense's matchup nightmare (2 actually if you count Fleener) are available IS a bad thing. If they picked Jenkins in rd 3...I'd have been fine with it. You don't use a 1st round pick on 3rd round talent.
    Jenkins was graded to go in the 33rd-38th pick range based on his grade. 9-16 picks earlier than expected isn't reaching very far.

  10. #655
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Jenkins was graded to go in the 33rd-38th pick range based on his grade. 9-16 picks earlier than expected isn't reaching very far.
    Point taken. I just think they passed up a potential Calvin Johnson type player and instead took a potential Brandon Lloyd type.

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    29,179
    vCash
    11933
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Mannignham was pretty stellar when in there for the most part
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    You were 100% against picking Jenkins. I was also, but that was because I wanted Fleener. Your main reason for not liking Jenkins was because he was only 6' tall lol. We all know what you said


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  12. #657
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,650
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Mannignham was pretty stellar when in there for the most part
    He's played great, but I don't know that we keep him at that salary, with our cap situation, considering that he had late season ACL and PCL tears. He might be back, but it might make more sense to use some of that money on Moss, or another player.

  13. #658
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,650
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Point taken. I just think they passed up a potential Calvin Johnson type player and instead took a potential Brandon Lloyd type.
    I think they passed on a potential Darius Heyward-Bey type player and instead took a potential Reggie Wayne type player. See we can all play this game you are playing.

  14. 01-04-2013, 12:35 AM

  15. #659
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He's played great, but I don't know that we keep him at that salary, with our cap situation, considering that he had late season ACL and PCL tears. He might be back, but it might make more sense to use some of that money on Moss, or another player.
    Eh, he'll probably be back, but I agree with you he could and should be a cap casualty. Were hurting for money, and he's hurt and won't play...but then again we can put him on the pup list and not pay him the first 6 games (against our cap) helping us out a little bit but then getting him when he comes back. It's just hard to say because he is a good player. But if he can't contribute, then there's no reason to keep him when were hurting cap wise
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  16. #660
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think they passed on a potential Darius Heyward-Bey type player and instead took a potential Reggie Wayne type player. See we can all play this game you are playing.
    This is a possibility. Unfortunately we'll never know what Hill could have been because of where he went. Honestly, the same could be said of Heyward-Bey. I guess we'll see what happens with Jenkins.

    Plus, the difference in the game here...is I'm right and you're not.
    Last edited by NinerHomer49; 01-04-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •