Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    locking up goldson is a priority.
    I actually very much agree with this. While I think Whitner has been a very solid player, I would trade him or attempt to in order to retain Goldson. I think he's one of the top 4 best safeties in football. He is to the secondary as to Willis is the line backing core. Solid and makes his plays when he needs to. In hindsight, in no way would I want to break up Whitner/Goldson. But, if I had to choose one...I would take Goldson.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    We'll most likely be losing Justin, Akers and Rogers after next season, so that will be more room as well. We're at that point where our best players will be retained while the rest of the team will require younger (and cheaper) players to step up and fill in. After next season we'll have to decide what to do about Tarell Brown, Johnathan Goodwin, Mario Manningham and Donte Whitner. These are the only FA guys I believe after next season and I think we may have guys on roster to replace a few of them already (Looney/Kilgore for Goodwin, Robinson for Whitner,). A smart couple of draft picks would also make it possible to let Brown and Manningham go. Don't get me wrong as I like both of those guys, but its a money business and we have a few big time guys coming up on contract years in '14 (Iupati, Aldon, Kap, Cully, Hunter).
    Yeah, but that doesn't really help us this coming season. After cutting Alex Smith, we'll have about $11 mil to sign Goldson, to sign the rookies, and to fill in the roster. Then there is a guy like Randy Moss. Do we bring him back? How?

vCash
    I'm not worried about the salary cap because our FO clearly knows what they're doing and how to use wiggle room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Yeah, but that doesn't really help us this coming season. After cutting Alex Smith, we'll have about $11 mil to sign Goldson, to sign the rookies, and to fill in the roster. Then there is a guy like Randy Moss. Do we bring him back? How?
    Doubtful. We may cut Akers and Haralson if there isn't any penalty. So I see Goldson and only the most important rookies getting signed.

vCash
    wrong thread

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Hunt on espn now

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Margus Hunt 1st half....2 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 1 safety forced....WOW
    Last edited by ninerrider80; 12-24-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: edit 2 sacks

vCash
    Well if we don't move for Richardson I may be inclined to take Hunt late 1st at this rate....god

vCash
    YES SIR!!!! That's my draft crush!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerrider80 View Post
    Margus Hunt 1st half....3 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 1 safety forced....WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well if we don't move for Richardson I may be inclined to take Hunt late 1st at this rate....god
    I'm not saying Hunt isn't good, but you have to consider that he's doing this against a guy who is going to be bagging groceries next year. Hunt is not a 1st round prospect. I wouldn't mind taking him late 2nd or in the 3rd, but no way should we take him in the 1st. I'm still on the trade up for Richardson bandwagon. Actually, after seeing our defense without Justin Smith last night, I'm even more in favor of getting Richardson. We need an elite prospect to replace Justin.

vCash
    Hunt is a monster. He will fly up draft boards after the combine, and for good reason. He's Justin Smith with longer arms. (poor mans Justin Smith) And you can say that most DE's in college are going up against someone who's bagging grocery's next year
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hunt is a monster. He will fly up draft boards after the combine, and for good reason. He's Justin Smith with longer arms. (poor mans Justin Smith) And you can say that most DE's in college are going up against someone who's bagging grocery's next year
    Agree 100% after seeing what our defense looks like without Justin Smith I'd lean towards taking Hunt in the late first, second at the latest.

vCash
    I'd personally trade up in the second round to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'm not saying Hunt isn't good, but you have to consider that he's doing this against a guy who is going to be bagging groceries next year. Hunt is not a 1st round prospect. I wouldn't mind taking him late 2nd or in the 3rd, but no way should we take him in the 1st. I'm still on the trade up for Richardson bandwagon. Actually, after seeing our defense without Justin Smith last night, I'm even more in favor of getting Richardson. We need an elite prospect to replace Justin.
    Hunt was tearing up a non-NFL player in the 1st half, but he was causing disruption in the 2nd half while being triple teamed, I mean even with a horrid OL that's impressive as hell.

vCash
    The needs this offseason

TE, WR, DE and OLB

Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast