Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Rang has Johnson listed as a 6th/7th rounder.
    That'd be a steal if he is...He'll shoot way up the boards.

16 pass break ups 3 picks, great tackler. 6' 200 lbs...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I would like to see us draft stephan taylor from stanford. Played for JH. And is just a beast could end up being our starter and the next frank gore. I love the way he runs and he can catch the ball too. He's 6 feet tall and 215lbs also runs 4.45 40 if we could draft him at any point in the draft I'd love it. And I know we are deep at the rb position but like I said he will be the starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ers_hobbs19 View Post
    I would like to see us draft stephan taylor from stanford. Played for JH. And is just a beast could end up being our starter and the next frank gore. I love the way he runs and he can catch the ball too. He's 6 feet tall and 215lbs also runs 4.45 40 if we could draft him at any point in the draft I'd love it. And I know we are deep at the rb position but like I said he will be the starter.
    I like Taylor too but I'm more inclined to lean toward a 4th/5th rd Lattimore than a 3rd rd Taylor. Taylor would redshirt anyway with our depth at the position and our GM looks for value and upside.

My as of now educated guess at Baalke's 2013 draft....

1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.
    2. Sylvester Williams NT/DT UNC (trade up)
    3. Margus Hunt DT/DE SMU
    3. Da'rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
    3. Tyrann Mathieu CB/PR LSU
    4. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    5. Traded
    5. Kyle Long OG/OT Oregon
    6. Traded
    6. Dustin Hopkins K Florida St.

I'm still of the opinion Baalke doesn't care about the risk in this draft and hell go with upside and value. We have no needs and some of the best leaders in the league, we will draft all highly graded players. I think this draft will produce much better players than last draft and will be more like the 2011 draft for us. I also predict Alex Smith will be traded to the chiefs prior to the draft for a 13 or 14 draft pick.
    Last edited by ninerrider80; 12-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Like the Williams and Honey Badger picks. Not a fan of even taking a shot on Lattimore. We have enough quality RB's with Gore, Hunter, and James. If it's round 6 maybe. He's going to go based on upside in the third and that's just too high for him IMO.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    What I want out of next years draft (after we resign Goldson).
    Rd1 NT that can replace Sopoaga right away
    Rd2 Whitners replacement after next year, we can't pay everyone and I feel hes replaceable
    Rd3 Goodwins replacement for 2014, CB to replace Brown, and a big WR with potential.
    Rd4 best K available
    Rd5 kr/pr
    6,7 DL

I could also see Jenkins maybe getting cut next year not saying its going to happen, but it is a possibility imo

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    What I want out of next years draft (after we resign Goldson).
    Rd1 NT that can replace Sopoaga right away
    Rd2 Whitners replacement after next year, we can't pay everyone and I feel hes replaceable
    Rd3 Goodwins replacement for 2014, CB to replace Brown, and a big WR with potential.
    Rd4 best K available
    Rd5 kr/pr
    6,7 DL

I could also see Jenkins maybe getting cut next year not saying its going to happen, but it is a possibility imo
    Huh? That would be ridiculous. Why would they cut a player that they spent a 1st round pick on after 1 season where he didn't really get a shot to show what he can do.

vCash
    Matt Maiocco posted an article about the 49ers cap situation next year. The expected cap is going to be $121 million and the 49ers will have 45 players under contract for $120.98 mil. That means the 49ers only have $20k worth of cap space. This # doesn't include Dashon Goldson who could be tagged or extended. If the 49ers cut Alex Smith before his roster bonus is due, they can save $8.75 mil. If they also cut Parys Haralson, they can save another $2.87 mil. If Goldson is retained (I think he will be), it will eat up a large portion of the remaining cap space. Isaac Sopoaga, RJF, Randy Moss, Delanie Walker, and Ted Ginn Jr. are the key free agents. Ginn will not be brought back in my opinion. I think it will be vital for SF to replace NT in the draft. If Moss comes back cheeply, he could be brought back, but there really is little space and there are still cheap players like Brock, Gooden, and others that need to be re-signed/replaced with the limited cap room.

vCash
    Huh? That would be ridiculous. Why would they cut a player that they spent a 1st round pick on after 1 season where he didn't really get a shot to show what he can do.
    I agree, it would but ridiculous, but not out of the realm of possibilty IMO. If you are a 1st rd pick and Ted Ginn is getting snaps over u at WR you r doing something wrong. I'm not saying I'd like it or that it will happen just that it's not impossible, especially with our WR depth assuming Crabs is resigned.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I agree, it would but ridiculous, but not out of the realm of possibilty IMO. If you are a 1st rd pick and Ted Ginn is getting snaps over u at WR you r doing something wrong. I'm not saying I'd like it or that it will happen just that it's not impossible, especially with our WR depth assuming Crabs is resigned.
    First off, Ted Ginn was only getting more snaps when Ted Ginn was active and AJ Jenkins was not. Ted Ginn was active over him because of his return value. Second, it is very common for WRs to greatly improve after a few seasons. If you think there is even the most remote chance that the 49ers are going to release Jenkins, you are a moron. Harbaugh has publicly praised Jenkins and there hasn't been any negatives concerning him all season.

vCash
    locking up goldson is a priority.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Here is our needs as I see it for this offseason
    Need a backup QB alex is gone no matter what but is Tolzien capeable
    We need to look at our future HB need a big back
    WR depth only 4 receivers set
    TE if Walker leaves
    Backup tackle Boone is solid at guard
    C must replace goodwin hopefully Looney or Kilgore are ready
    NT if sopoaga walks
    DE heir to smith
    OLB pash rusher depth
    CB to replace rogers in 2014
    S to replace Whitner after 2014 as long as Goldson is locked up
    K replace akers

vCash
    Matt Maiocco posted an article about the 49ers cap situation next year. The expected cap is going to be $121 million and the 49ers will have 45 players under contract for $120.98 mil. That means the 49ers only have $20k worth of cap space. This # doesn't include Dashon Goldson who could be tagged or extended. If the 49ers cut Alex Smith before his roster bonus is due, they can save $8.75 mil. If they also cut Parys Haralson, they can save another $2.87 mil. If Goldson is retained (I think he will be), it will eat up a large portion of the remaining cap space. Isaac Sopoaga, RJF, Randy Moss, Delanie Walker, and Ted Ginn Jr. are the key free agents. Ginn will not be brought back in my opinion. I think it will be vital for SF to replace NT in the draft. If Moss comes back cheeply, he could be brought back, but there really is little space and there are still cheap players like Brock, Gooden, and others that need to be re-signed/replaced with the limited cap room.
    For some reason that doesnt seem right at all. I mean were losing 15 million off of Willis alone with his drop down to 2 or w/e mil for next year
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    For some reason that doesnt seem right at all. I mean were losing 15 million off of Willis alone with his drop down to 2 or w/e mil for next year
    I added it up just to be sure and that's including Willis' $3,605,125 salary and everything checks out. It's surprising to me as well.

Alex is going to either be traded or cut. So let's say we cut him and owe him the $1 mil. That would leave us at around $111mil. I see the 49ers resigning Goldson, don't know what he'll be getting, but his franchise tag this year is 6.2 mil and if the 49ers were to franchise him again it would be about 7.5 mil. No way he's getting 7.5 mil though. 49ers might not even offer him anything over 6m/yr. We'll see though.

Weren't the Niners high on Trenton Robinson who they took in the 5th(?) round out of Michigan St. what happened to him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Yeah, but Bowman's deal is jumping up plus most of the deals are increasing as is typical of contracts. Maiocco laid out all of the numbers if you want to see them. Also, we'll have to sign our draft picks. Here is the link:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...ainst-2013-cap

vCash
    We'll most likely be losing Justin, Akers and Rogers after next season, so that will be more room as well. We're at that point where our best players will be retained while the rest of the team will require younger (and cheaper) players to step up and fill in. After next season we'll have to decide what to do about Tarell Brown, Johnathan Goodwin, Mario Manningham and Donte Whitner. These are the only FA guys I believe after next season and I think we may have guys on roster to replace a few of them already (Looney/Kilgore for Goodwin, Robinson for Whitner,). A smart couple of draft picks would also make it possible to let Brown and Manningham go. Don't get me wrong as I like both of those guys, but its a money business and we have a few big time guys coming up on contract years in '14 (Iupati, Aldon, Kap, Cully, Hunter).

Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast