Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I don't watch college.... rap? You got anyone?
    Don't follow kickers lol, Hopkins from FSU looks solid and is said to be worth a 3rd day pick from what I read.

vCash
    I don't watch college.... rap? You got anyone?
    Dustin Hopkins – Florida State

Brendan Gibbons – Michigan

Steven Schott – Ball State

Caleb Sturgis – Florida (damn it)

Trey Farquhar – Idaho
    Last edited by rapjuicer06; 12-14-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Dustin Hopkins Florida State

Brendan Gibbons Michigan

Steven Schott Ball State

Caleb Sturgis Florida (damn it)

Trey Farquhar Idaho

dang WSG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Don't follow kickers lol, Hopkins from FSU looks solid and is said to be worth a 3rd day pick from what I read.
    then I say we take him!

vCash
    then I say we take him!
    Him and the Idaho guy have my vote
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Here is a list of guys I think are gone this year (without looking to see who else we might lose in FA)...

Alex
    Haralson
    Akers
    Ginn

vCash
    Here is a list of guys I think are gone this year (without looking to see who else we might lose in FA)...

Alex
    Haralson
    Akers
    Ginn
    I'd add Jacobs and Sopoaga to that.

vCash
    With no replacement for Sopoaga, I see him staying on a 2-3 year deal for a LOT cheaper than his last deal.

vCash
    With no replacement for Sopoaga, I see him staying on a 2-3 year deal for a LOT cheaper than his last deal.
    I think they'll likely keep RJF for even cheaper and look to draft a NT.

vCash
    sorry, how could I forget about Jacobs.

Not srue on Sopoaga.

vCash
    I think they'll likely keep RJF for even cheaper and look to draft a NT.
    RJF can not man that spot for by himself. Sopoaga hasn't done an outstanding job, but he has to be brought back for at least a year or two

vCash
    RJF can not man that spot for by himself. Sopoaga hasn't done an outstanding job, but he has to be brought back for at least a year or two
    I don't know rap I think they really like Ian Williams too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I don't know rap I think they really like Ian Williams too
    Then why doesn't he play?

vCash
    Then why doesn't he play?
    From I have seen by CSN it's because RJF can play all 3 DL positions, and Tukuafu plays both ways. Williams is apparently a true NT only.

vCash
    Here's why you take a chance on Mathieu. 1. He has a lot of talent. He'd be a GREAT nickel back. He's soooo fluent, has great hip rotation, can run with anyone and is a phenomenal blitzer who always causes a big play. Does he have off the field issues? Yes, he sure does. But that can easily be handled. You pair him up with a couple of vets like Patrick Willis, Donte Whitner, Justin Smith, and a coach like Jim Harbaugh, he's not going to be getting into trouble like he is. Knowing he got a chance from a coach who loves his players, I think he really could make a change in his life
    See that's the thing. Normally I'd agree with you about the coaches/players Sf has and the influence they could have on players with bad histories. But Mathieu, as talented as he is, seems like his problems are too constant and serious to where I'd be hesitant to even let a team like the 49ers with the guys you named try to teach him how to stay out of trouble. That's how off the charts Matthieu is. If he goes undrafted (like Cash Harris from Oregon with his problems) then I guess it'd be worth a shot. But I wouldn't even risk a 6th round pick on Matthieu with the way SF has been drafting since Harbaugh/Baalke came onto the scene. Bruce Miller, Trenton Robinson, etc. Some nice late round picks. Like I said I normally agree with u on taking chances on troubled players since SF has guys like Willis, Whitner, etc. But for some reason, Matthieu just seems like he could be one of those guys that will NEVER get it. If he goes undrafted (and maybe even a 7th round pick) i'll say it's worth the risk.

Edit: And regarding the Walker post... yeah it would be nice to have Davis running all those routes all over the place. But defenses won't let him. They game plan for him enough as it is... double teams all over the place. I don't understand where all this Walker drop stuff came from. Yeah, he dropped that TD vs the rams, but I mean c'mon every receiver drops passes every now and then. Walker imo is a solid receiving TE that also brings the versatility of ST, FB, WR, slot, etc. For a backup TE, he's pretty valuable. He was a WR in college, if i recall correctly. Over the years, he's made some nice receiving plays/touchdowns. A couple of dropped passes doesn't cancel out the good receiving plays he's made imo. And that dropped TD was the only one I can even recall....still inexplicable no doubt, but that drop was uncharacteristic of him. 9x out 10 he catches that. I'm not even a Walker fan, I don't care. I'm just saying i don't think he drops as many passes as people in here think. That one drop was a crucial one and could've decided the game, but at the end of the day, it was still only one drop. The only other one I can think of was the Arizona game where he was Smith's only incompletion haha
    Last edited by tapajafri; 12-14-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast