Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 1080
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    You do realize there are roughly 120 other college FB programs right?
    LOL nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    1. I've seen a few mocks having Elam to SF in the first, but I'd prefer to wait on the position. If we do take a safety in the first, I don't think Elam is my preference. I'd prefer Vaccaro, Jefferson, Reid, or moving Amerson to safety.

    2. I like Floyd in the second round. He would be a great option to succeed Justin Smith. I would really like this pick. I'm not sure he gets to us late in the 2nd though.

    3. Absolutely not. First, he's a 4-3 OLB and would have to shift inside to ILB for us, which is not a need. Second, he is undersized. T

    4. If Amerson is there in the late third round, we absolutely take him and move him to safety. However, I doubt he is even there with our 2nd round pick.
    Yeah I would love Elam and Floyd. I know I am a Gator homer but these guys have talent. Elam is a ball hawk who plays well against the pass and run. I see Jenkins as a great backup ILB, I never considered him an OLB really. He is not that undersized. He he has great speed andgreat hands. Amerson is really good, I agree i was thinking about him maybe in the 2nd.

  2. #347
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I'd like alot of those guys. I'm wondering how Baalke is going to approach this one. Obviously NT could be a major major hole and I like alot of those prospects, but I still really want us to get a CB as well since I believe you need a constant 3 and we only have 2 1/2 with Rogers back there, not to mention I don't see him finishing out his deal. So many angles to look at, and obviously FA before.
    Rogers will be one of the top 3 CBs on the depth chart regardless of if we draft a CB in the first this year or not. About half of his salary is guaranteed. He won't be cut. The year after, in my opinion, he is gone.

  3. #348
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    LOL nope.



    Yeah I would love Elam and Floyd. I know I am a Gator homer but these guys have talent. Elam is a ball hawk who plays well against the pass and run. I see Jenkins as a great backup ILB, I never considered him an OLB really. He is not that undersized. He he has great speed andgreat hands. Amerson is really good, I agree i was thinking about him maybe in the 2nd.
    The thing is, I can name 4-5 safeties that I would rather have than Elam with the first round pick. I have no desire for Jenkins at all. Backup ILB is not worth a very high pick to me and yes, the guy is undersized. You have to take off your Florida homer glasses and look at this from a realistic point of view.

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,412
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Rogers will be one of the top 3 CBs on the depth chart regardless of if we draft a CB in the first this year or not. About half of his salary is guaranteed. He won't be cut. The year after, in my opinion, he is gone.
    I know Fangio knows exponentially more than I about defense, but one thing continues to puzzle me. They move Rogers inside to cover the slot guy when the Niners go to the nickel package. The slot guy is usually a smaller/quicker type WR. Rogers has good size for a CB at 6', but is not particularly quick, but he is fairly physical and while he doesn't have great speed he seems to be able to turn and run with WRs...sometimes. It seems to me that he's at a distinct disadvantage in the slot vs those kind of WRs and the numbers seem to point that way also. So I guess my question is...why do they move him inside if it plays into the offense's hands?

  5. #350
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I know Fangio knows exponentially more than I about defense, but one thing continues to puzzle me. They move Rogers inside to cover the slot guy when the Niners go to the nickel package. The slot guy is usually a smaller/quicker type WR. Rogers has good size for a CB at 6', but is not particularly quick, but he is fairly physical and while he doesn't have great speed he seems to be able to turn and run with WRs...sometimes. It seems to me that he's at a distinct disadvantage in the slot vs those kind of WRs and the numbers seem to point that way also. So I guess my question is...why do they move him inside if it plays into the offense's hands?
    For a few reasons. First, DBs on the outside often have to cover deeper routes than CBs inside, and as you have suggested, Rogers doesn't have the speed of Brown and Culliver. Second, Rogers is the more physical of the CBs and the inside CB is closer to the RB on run plays. Third, it isn't every team that uses small, quick WRs in the slot. The Rams, Giants, and Patriots do, but a lot of teams use players in the slot that Carlos matches up well against. Carlos definitely struggles more with those shifty WRs. Carlos isn't a bad CB. He's just not worth the amount of money they paid him. I said that before they signed him and immediately after they signed him. Personally, I think Culliver is our best CB.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    31,503
    vCash
    5862
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    For a few reasons. First, DBs on the outside often have to cover deeper routes than CBs inside, and as you have suggested, Rogers doesn't have the speed of Brown and Culliver. Second, Rogers is the more physical of the CBs and the inside CB is closer to the RB on run plays. Third, it isn't every team that uses small, quick WRs in the slot. The Rams, Giants, and Patriots do, but a lot of teams use players in the slot that Carlos matches up well against. Carlos definitely struggles more with those shifty WRs. Carlos isn't a bad CB. He's just not worth the amount of money they paid him. I said that before they signed him and immediately after they signed him. Personally, I think Culliver is our best CB.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    For a few reasons. First, DBs on the outside often have to cover deeper routes than CBs inside, and as you have suggested, Rogers doesn't have the speed of Brown and Culliver. Second, Rogers is the more physical of the CBs and the inside CB is closer to the RB on run plays. Third, it isn't every team that uses small, quick WRs in the slot. The Rams, Giants, and Patriots do, but a lot of teams use players in the slot that Carlos matches up well against. Carlos definitely struggles more with those shifty WRs. Carlos isn't a bad CB. He's just not worth the amount of money they paid him. I said that before they signed him and immediately after they signed him. Personally, I think Culliver is our best CB.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,412
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    For a few reasons. First, DBs on the outside often have to cover deeper routes than CBs inside, and as you have suggested, Rogers doesn't have the speed of Brown and Culliver. Second, Rogers is the more physical of the CBs and the inside CB is closer to the RB on run plays. Third, it isn't every team that uses small, quick WRs in the slot. The Rams, Giants, and Patriots do, but a lot of teams use players in the slot that Carlos matches up well against. Carlos definitely struggles more with those shifty WRs. Carlos isn't a bad CB. He's just not worth the amount of money they paid him. I said that before they signed him and immediately after they signed him. Personally, I think Culliver is our best CB.
    Makes sense. I agree with you on Culliver too. The only thing I'm worried about with him is...him. I remember him tweeting during the offseason "I love me some me!". I hope he doesn't follow that example.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    The thing is, I can name 4-5 safeties that I would rather have than Elam with the first round pick. I have no desire for Jenkins at all. Backup ILB is not worth a very high pick to me and yes, the guy is undersized. You have to take off your Florida homer glasses and look at this from a realistic point of view.
    Elamis a great safety. He will be the best on the board at the end of the 1st rd. He's leading the gators in pass defenses, tackles for loss, and INTs. Jenkins is a meh either way I just like his atleticism. I want me some Sharrif Floyd.

  10. #355
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Elamis a great safety. He will be the best on the board at the end of the 1st rd. He's leading the gators in pass defenses, tackles for loss, and INTs. Jenkins is a meh either way I just like his atleticism. I want me some Sharrif Floyd.
    I disagree. I don't think there are any early first round safeties which means there is a possibility for all of the safeties to be there when we pick. I think Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid, and Tony Jefferson are all better prospects than Elam. I think I'd also rather take Amerson and convert him to a safety than take Elam.

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,067
    vCash
    1500
    I think taking a safety in the first two rounds wouldn't be smart for us to do. We have two damn good safeties on this team. I would bet that we go d-line here for sure, whether it be NT or a DE. I see us resigning Sopoaga for a lot cheaper than what he's making now, and I see us draft his future replacement. As long as we get the 6'8 280 DE from SMU, that's all I care about
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,386
    vCash
    1500
    I say use our 1st on whatever is there, then start to stockpile picks by moving back, then move up in 2014 for Clowney lol

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I say use our 1st on whatever is there, then start to stockpile picks by moving back, then move up in 2014 for Clowney lol
    That would be nice, no doubt! But he's going to go very high in the draft that year
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That would be nice, no doubt! But he's going to go very high in the draft that year
    haha I know, he'll be 1st overall most likely, that's just my FTW idea lol, never happen tho, but if it did, our defense would be unstoppable.

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,412
    vCash
    1500
    I'm starting to hope Roman moves on during this next offseason. He still won't admit the option crap was a bad playcall and I saw one place where he said he judges whether the playcalling was good solely on whether or not they win. I guess that expains why they play down to their opponents.

Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •