Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'm not saying he's a bad person. I'm saying that we shouldn't invest an early draft pick on him.
    4th or 5th if he's there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Yes, absolutely.

vCash
    Yes, absolutely.
    Works for me.

vCash

Sports Illustrated's Josh Sanchez is reporting that NC State junior CB David Amerson will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
    "He is ready to make the move and there isn't much anyone can do to convince him to stay," a source told SI's FanSided. Amerson was exposed this season vertically, failing to show the ability to flip his hips and keep up with receivers downfield. He may end up switching positions to safety or act as a primarily zone corner.
    via roto. Think this kid has alot of INTs at the safety position in his future. If there isn't a NT or CB of value when we pick I wouldn't be opposed to drafting this guy.

vCash
    I'd take him if he was there at the end of the 4th.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    via roto. Think this kid has alot of INTs at the safety position in his future. If there isn't a NT or CB of value when we pick I wouldn't be opposed to drafting this guy.
    Would you rather have him over these safeties?

Kenny Vaccaro
    Eric Reid
    Tony Jefferson
    TJ McDonald

vCash
    I haven't seen Vaccaro or Jefferson play enough, but I am not impressed with Reid or McDonald from the games I have seen. The transition from CB to S is harder to do and we managed that with Culliver if I remember correctly, so having someone like Amerson who has rare size (6'3, 6'4) and can play both (has played S in highschool so its only a few years removed), especially with the rise of these very large and athletic TEs (Gronk, Hernandez, Davis, Graham, etc), it makes alot of sense to me. He is far from my first choice, but its a very good value pick to me in a worst case scenario if the guys I'd want are gone.

vCash
    I haven't seen Vaccaro or Jefferson play enough, but I am not impressed with Reid or McDonald from the games I have seen. The transition from CB to S is harder to do and we managed that with Culliver if I remember correctly, so having someone like Amerson who has rare size (6'3, 6'4) and can play both (has played S in highschool so its only a few years removed), especially with the rise of these very large and athletic TEs (Gronk, Hernandez, Davis, Graham, etc), it makes alot of sense to me. He is far from my first choice, but its a very good value pick to me in a worst case scenario if the guys I'd want are gone.
    I get the feeling that there will be good safety value in the 2nd-3rd rounds. I'm really hoping that can address the defensive line in the first round...preferably a NT. I'm not sure if Nix will declare, but he would be a great fit in my opinion. If not, maybe take the CB and move up for Jesse Williams in the 2nd round.
    Last edited by Lakers211221; 12-01-2012 at 11:29 AM.

vCash
    I get the feeling that there will be good safety value in the 2nd-3rd rounds. I'm really hoping that can address the defensive line in the first round...preferably a NT. I'm not sure if Nix will declare, but he would be a great fit in my opinion. If not, maybe take the CB and move up for Jesse Williams in the 2nd round.
    I'm with ya, Amerson is still far down my list. There are 4 1st round talent DT/NTs if Nix declares so its hard to imagine one or two still being there for us.

vCash
    I'm with ya, Amerson is still far down my list. There are 4 1st round talent DT/NTs if Nix declares so its hard to imagine one or two still being there for us.
    Star Lotulelei and Johnathan Hankins will most likely be gone. Johnathan Jenkins has a pretty good chance at being gone as well. If Louis Nix declares, that will give us a good chance of a top NT being there when we draft. Sylvester Williams is another player to keep an eye on for NT in the first round. I think it would be great if we ended up with one of Jenkins, Nix, or Sylvester Williams in the first round. I want us to go defense heavy in the early rounds. It wouldn't bother me if we took defensive players with our first 4-5 picks. Something like this would be awesome:

1st: Louis Nix, NT Notre Dame (or Sylvester Williams NT North Carolina if Nix doesn't declare)
    2nd: Margus Hunt, DE/DT SMU (or Sharrif Floyd, DE/DT Forida if still available)
    3rd: Terry Hawthorn, CB Illinois
    3rd: Brandon Jenkins, OLB/DE Floriday State
    4th: Prentiss Waggner, S/CB Tennessee

vCash
    Star Lotulelei and Johnathan Hankins will most likely be gone. Johnathan Jenkins has a pretty good chance at being gone as well. If Louis Nix declares, that will give us a good chance of a top NT being there when we draft. Sylvester Williams is another player to keep an eye on for NT in the first round. I think it would be great if we ended up with one of Jenkins, Nix, or Sylvester Williams in the first round. I want us to go defense heavy in the early rounds. It wouldn't bother me if we took defensive players with our first 4-5 picks. Something like this would be awesome:

1st: Louis Nix, NT Notre Dame (or Sylvester Williams NT North Carolina if Nix doesn't declare)
    I've heard about the Williams kid, didn't know if he was 1st round talent or not at this point. I really think if ND wins the NC then Nix will declare. You know I really like the Hunt kid so I'm with that. Jenkins late 3rd would be nice since he was a 1st round talent at one point. The rest, well I'm not in full draft mode with the season going on so I can't comment. The bad part about picking 32nd is that it feels like we'll have to really hope for some gems dropping to us

vCash

Shariff Floyd.... I love that guy!!

vCash
    Wonder why
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Wonder why
    LOL is that sarcasm I wonder Rap? At least I am consistent, you know what you'll get from me.

vCash
    Yup, asinine comments. Kind of like the one where you said the Chiefs would win the AFC West and the Bronco's would finish last, and the Jets would win the NFC East because Tebow is there Oh so smart
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast