Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes in life and everyone can change for better or worse. We should not be judged merely on our actions in the past but with our present demeanor. On top of that, people tend to learn from their mistakes and it makes them better people or at the very least more exposed and experienced and a change in character.

You also shouldn't judge people for living a different lifestyle than yourself.

It's extremely off topic, but this is my number one problem with the legal violation of privacy through mediums like Facebook, and how they are erroneously used to determine the validity or eligibility of a current or former employee. What I do in my leisure time is completely irrelevant to what I do and how I do my job. Period. And if it ever lapsed, it would be clear I am not a responsible adult and or professional and that evidence would be irrefutable as it would leak into the realm of work, and that sort of determination does not need to be made prematurely.

Just my two cents.
    Good post and so so true

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    All the other college players are exposed to that same college environment, but 99% of them stay out of trouble. I don't buy it.
    But its about how many you hear about, it happens alot more than people realize. You have pro players that have come out and said that a vast majority of players smoke weed still. It's all about hiding it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    But its about how many you hear about, it happens alot more than people realize. You have pro players that have come out and said that a vast majority of players smoke weed still. It's all about hiding it.
    Speaking of which, DeMarcus Dobbs arrested last night of possession of weed and driving under the influence. I guess the positive 49ers environment didn't keep him out of trouble.

vCash
    He's responsible for his own actions, not his environment. I get tired of people blaming the environment for a person's actions. Didn't you just post the link to Patrick Willis' story a couple weeks ago? Why didn't his environment cause him to get into trouble? He was raised by an abusive drug addict of a father that didn't provide any form of structure for any of the kids to be successful, but instead of letting his environment dictate his path, he manned up and became a hard working and classy person.
    Watch that story again and you'll see his environment was changed when he moved in,with his high school coach, he blossomed with his newly found support. Environment is a main cause of dysfunctional behavior, its a known fact in human psychology. Get this kid around success stories and people like Patrick Willis and he will be fine. LSU is obviously a program that ONLY cares about on,the field and not off of it, contrary to uneducated beliefs there is such a thing as victims of circumstances and environment. What some of these troubled kids need is as simple as as a support system to achieve success. the honey badger had none of that until Les Miles then he flourished. His problem is that being from New Orleans he's around the same people who have nothing to look forward to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    People make mistakes. People make more mistakes than others. Doesn't mean they are all bad people.
    Fair enough. My issue is what defines a mistake. Is running through a stop sign you didn't see tucked behind a bush in a neighborhood you're not familiar with a mistake? Is putting something in the bottom of your cart and forgetting about it at the register so you accidentally walk out with it a mistake? Is buying and using illegal drugs a mistake? Mistakes are accidents. This wasn't an accident. This is just a crappy person. Making a decision you know is wrong when you make it with no regard for law or how it effects other people is not a "mistake". It's a character defining "decision". You can't just do anything you want and chalk it up to "people make mistakes". That's how a coward gets away with not facing the music when they do something they shouldn't have done.

vCash
    Speaking of which, DeMarcus Dobbs arrested last night of possession of weed and driving under the influence. I guess the positive 49ers environment didn't keep him out of trouble.
    Love the player...now cut him.

vCash
    Its all good if you can hide it, there's a few guys on the team I'd wager are of the green persuasion as well, but its only the guys you hear about. I'm more worried about the stupidity of being caught than the stupidity of smoking.

vCash
    Nobody said he was a horrible person. We said he was a risky draft choice since he did it knowing that he could get kicked off the team, then he did it again after he was supposed to be rehabbing his image. It shows he isn't dedicated to football, his team, and that he isn't all that bright or disciplined. All things that you don't want in a football player you spend an early draft choice on.
    The first part of my post was poking fun @ all the uptight posters bashing weed.

As for your post, I completely agree with you; 49ers have no room on this roster for players who put themselves before the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes in life and everyone can change for better or worse. We should not be judged merely on our actions in the past but with our present demeanor. On top of that, people tend to learn from their mistakes and it makes them better people or at the very least more exposed and experienced and a change in character.

You also shouldn't judge people for living a different lifestyle than yourself.

It's extremely off topic, but this is my number one problem with the legal violation of privacy through mediums like Facebook, and how they are erroneously used to determine the validity or eligibility of a current or former employee. What I do in my leisure time is completely irrelevant to what I do and how I do my job. Period. And if it ever lapsed, it would be clear I am not a responsible adult and or professional and that evidence would be irrefutable as it would leak into the realm of work, and that sort of determination does not need to be made prematurely.

Just my two cents.
    I don't judge for someone living a different lifestyle. I'm not gay, but I have no issue with someone who is. I have no issue with someone who chooses to live the way an Amish community. Those are different lifestyles. Buying/using/selling illegal drugs isn't a lifestyle. It's a crime and yes...considering I am a law abiding citizen, who pays his taxes, and has gone to war to fight for this country I damn well can judge someone who ignores what's right and wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerrider80 View Post
    Watch that story again and you'll see his environment was changed when he moved in,with his high school coach, he blossomed with his newly found support. Environment is a main cause of dysfunctional behavior, its a known fact in human psychology. Get this kid around success stories and people like Patrick Willis and he will be fine. LSU is obviously a program that ONLY cares about on,the field and not off of it, contrary to uneducated beliefs there is such a thing as victims of circumstances and environment. What some of these troubled kids need is as simple as as a support system to achieve success. the honey badger had none of that until Les Miles then he flourished. His problem is that being from New Orleans he's around the same people who have nothing to look forward to.
    He was a class act long before they moved in with the coach. He worked to pay the bills and helped his brothers and sisters with homework while his dad got high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Love the player...now cut him.
    I wouldn't go that far. Bench him for a game and make him earn his right to play again.

vCash
    Fair enough. My issue is what defines a mistake. Is running through a stop sign you didn't see tucked behind a bush in a neighborhood you're not familiar with a mistake? Is putting something in the bottom of your cart and forgetting about it at the register so you accidentally walk out with it a mistake? Is buying and using illegal drugs a mistake? Mistakes are accidents. This wasn't an accident. This is just a crappy person. Making a decision you know is wrong when you make it with no regard for law or how it effects other people is not a "mistake". It's a character defining "decision". You can't just do anything you want and chalk it up to "people make mistakes". That's how a coward gets away with not facing the music when they do something they shouldn't have done.
    Mistakes and accidents aren't the same thing. Here is the definition of a mistake: "an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge." I think Honey Badger would fall into the "an error in action caused by poor reasoning." Does it make him an awful person? No. However, making the same mistake twice makes me question whether or not it is wise to use an early draft choice on him.

vCash
    He was a class act long before they moved in with the coach. He worked to pay the bills and helped his brothers and sisters with homework while his dad got high.
    Im not saying he wasn't but what I am saying is your skipping over a crucial part of Patrick's story. The Honey Badger never had that part so who's to say what he could have been with a kind loving morally mature family environment, he could gave been a top ten pick. The point is who are you to judge the young man that u don't know and don't really know anything about other than public knowledge. He didn't kill anybody or rob anybody or run,a criminal organization or rape someone, he smoked weed something our president has admitted he did and bill Clinton did, hell bush was a known cokehead....
    Last edited by ninerrider80; 11-30-2012 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    I don't judge for someone living a different lifestyle. I'm not gay, but I have no issue with someone who is. I have no issue with someone who chooses to live the way an Amish community. Those are different lifestyles. Buying/using/selling illegal drugs isn't a lifestyle. It's a crime and yes...considering I am a law abiding citizen, who pays his taxes, and has gone to war to fight for this country I damn well can judge someone who ignores what's right and wrong.
    Right and wrong is an opinion based on your moral compass. Against the law is a fact. There's a difference. But since you seem to operate through binary thinking, to you I am a lesser individual in some manner in this society since I smoke pot on a fairly consistent basis, never mind the fact that I also am a law abiding citizen who pays my taxes, and also went to war for this country 6 times. That's fine though. You see it doesn't hurt my feelings or bother me that I be judged for one aspect of my life as opposed to my life's body of work, nor do I care if I lose stock in the eyes of society, and I sure don't think less about you, though the feeling might not be mutual. You are still another awesome Niner Faithful to me and we will enjoy many more wins together on this forum, this season and in the years to come.

Go Niners!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerrider80 View Post
    Im not saying he wasn't but what I am saying is your skipping over a crucial part of Patrick's story. The Honey Badger never had that part so who's to say what he could have been with a kind loving morally mature family environment, he could gave been a top ten pick. The point is who are you to judge the young man that u don't know and don't really know anything about other than public knowledge. He didn't kill anybody or rob anybody or run,a criminal organization or rape someone, he smoked weed something our president has admitted he did and bill Clinton did, hell bush was a known cokehead....
    I'm not saying he's a bad person. I'm saying that we shouldn't invest an early draft pick on him.

Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast