Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's not just going to change...he's still around the same people down there. Get him out of that envirement and I bet he stops
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    5th round is earliest I bite...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    It's not just going to change...he's still around the same people down there. Get him out of that envirement and I bet he stops
    One of society's biggest ways for people not to take responsibility for their actions. The law doesn't change depending on who you're around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Just wondering... my opinion doesn't change. He broke the laws, and rules while they were in affect. He did something he shouldn't be doing, and after getting caught just kept trucking. Goes to character, even though he's still young... pretty sure guys like Kaep, Hunter, Williams, James, Jenkins, etc... didn't make those same bad choices.
    I thought you meant pot smoking in general. If the law changed I won't hold future stuff against them as bad, but for Mattheiu...don't want him. I would like for Goodell/Owners/NFLPA or whatever to be able to ban a player from entering the NFL in some situations. Guys like Clarett for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    One of society's biggest ways for people not to take responsibility for their actions. The law doesn't change depending on who you're around.
    Influences do though
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Influences do though
    You mean like the influence of a star football player being drafted into a league that pays at a minumin several hundred thousand dollars a year despite being arrested repeatedly?

Line's got to be somewhere. It's not like I'm picking on him either. I didn't think guys like Blount or Harvin deserved to be in the NFL either.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Everyone makes mistakes in life and everyone can change for better or worse. We should not be judged merely on our actions in the past but with our present demeanor. On top of that, people tend to learn from their mistakes and it makes them better people or at the very least more exposed and experienced and a change in character.

You also shouldn't judge people for living a different lifestyle than yourself.

It's extremely off topic, but this is my number one problem with the legal violation of privacy through mediums like Facebook, and how they are erroneously used to determine the validity or eligibility of a current or former employee. What I do in my leisure time is completely irrelevant to what I do and how I do my job. Period. And if it ever lapsed, it would be clear I am not a responsible adult and or professional and that evidence would be irrefutable as it would leak into the realm of work, and that sort of determination does not need to be made prematurely.

Just my two cents.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    You mean like the influence of a star football player being drafted into a league that pays at a minumin several hundred thousand dollars a year despite being arrested repeatedly?

Line's got to be somewhere. It's not like I'm picking on him either. I didn't think guys like Blount or Harvin deserved to be in the NFL either.
    People make mistakes. People make more mistakes than others. Doesn't mean they are all bad people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes in life and everyone can change for better or worse. We should not be judged merely on our actions in the past but with our present demeanor. On top of that, people tend to learn from their mistakes and it makes them better people or at the very least more exposed and experienced and a change in character.

You also shouldn't judge people for living a different lifestyle than yourself.

It's extremely off topic, but this is my number one problem with the legal violation of privacy through mediums like Facebook, and how they are erroneously used to determine the validity or eligibility of a current or former employee. What I do in my leisure time is completely irrelevant to what I do and how I do my job. Period. And if it ever lapsed, it would be clear I am not a responsible adult and or professional and that evidence would be irrefutable as it would leak into the realm of work, and that sort of determination does not need to be made prematurely.

Just my two cents.
    This might be one of the first times I've really agreed with you

vCash
    OMG a 20 year old smoked pot!! He must be a horrible person...

I'd take him in the 5th or 6th, low risk & high reward if he gets his **** together.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Being graded out as a 4th rounder if the draft were today.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    He's responsible for his own actions, not his environment. I get tired of people blaming the environment for a person's actions. Didn't you just post the link to Patrick Willis' story a couple weeks ago? Why didn't his environment cause him to get into trouble? He was raised by an abusive drug addict of a father that didn't provide any form of structure for any of the kids to be successful, but instead of letting his environment dictate his path, he manned up and became a hard working and classy person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    OMG a 20 year old smoked pot!! He must be a horrible person...

I'd take him in the 5th or 6th, low risk & high reward if he gets his **** together.
    Nobody said he was a horrible person. We said he was a risky draft choice since he did it knowing that he could get kicked off the team, then he did it again after he was supposed to be rehabbing his image. It shows he isn't dedicated to football, his team, and that he isn't all that bright or disciplined. All things that you don't want in a football player you spend an early draft choice on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He's responsible for his own actions, not his environment. I get tired of people blaming the environment for a person's actions. Didn't you just post the link to Patrick Willis' story a couple weeks ago? Why didn't his environment cause him to get into trouble? He was raised by an abusive drug addict of a father that didn't provide any form of structure for any of the kids to be successful, but instead of letting his environment dictate his path, he manned up and became a hard working and classy person.
    Different situations. Willis was forced to become a father to his siblings, but 9/10 that story doesn't have a Willis style ending. I blame alot on the college environment that it takes good kids and can corrupt them. I have a friend who got a full ride to Maryland to wrestle, he had people doing his homework, teachers letting him cut class knowingly, etc etc etc, this kind of thing is what leads to guys acting like Mathieau does to me. There is still some personal accountability but the environment doesn't always help in college.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Different situations. Willis was forced to become a father to his siblings, but 9/10 that story doesn't have a Willis style ending. I blame alot on the college environment that it takes good kids and can corrupt them. I have a friend who got a full ride to Maryland to wrestle, he had people doing his homework, teachers letting him cut class knowingly, etc etc etc, this kind of thing is what leads to guys acting like Mathieau does to me. There is still some personal accountability but the environment doesn't always help in college.
    All the other college players are exposed to that same college environment, but 99% of them stay out of trouble. I don't buy it.

Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast