Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like Williams too, he's be a good understudy to Smith

I think Goldson is a must sign and his salary is easily figured into the cap since he's on the tag, plus we can tag him again next year. I really have no doubt hell sign long term this offseason similar to Brooks.

I still would love Reid or McDonald for Whitner's understudy or Barrett Jones for Goodwins understudy

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moshy2 View Post
    Where do you think Williams will get picked? Places I've seen have him as a 2nd round pick and maybe slipping into the 3rd. Do you think he'd be there for our 2nd pick or close enough to where we can trade up without giving up too much? Looking farther into him he is an intriguing player. He's very big and strong and would benefit greatly sitting behind Smith and others for a couple years considering he didn't start playing football till he was 15 and is a JC transfer.
    I've seen him as early as late 1st and as far back as early 3rd. He's also a monster in the weight room, I believe he's benched 600 pounds so he may be a standout at the combine for that drill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerrider80 View Post
    I like Williams too, he's be a good understudy to Smith

I think Goldson is a must sign and his salary is easily figured into the cap since he's on the tag, plus we can tag him again next year. I really have no doubt hell sign long term this offseason similar to Brooks.

I still would love Reid or McDonald for Whitner's understudy or Barrett Jones for Goodwins understudy
    I don't think we can tag Goldson again with the new CBA. Think it prevents multiple tags to the same player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I don't think we can tag Goldson again with the new CBA. Think it prevents multiple tags to the same player.
    No red and gold your allowed to tag a player 2 years consecutively but not 3 and in his second consecutive year you have to pay him at least 10% more than the previous year.

vCash
    I still say Goldson is a must to bring back. I want one of the TE's from Stanford. Preferably the 6'8 one I love me some TE's, especially when the can catch the ****ing ball. I don't have a draft crush yet, I'm a little shocked on that. I have a few I like, but none that I'm in love with at the moment. It's weird, as good as our defense is, we have nothing but young players on the offensive side of the ball where the only logical pick is for defense. If the Bama kid is there, we almost have to take him
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    i want justin Smiths heir apparent in this draft, someone we can bring along slow but will be more than ready to be a stud when Smith eventually slows down. our teams strengths are winning the point of attack at the line, what ever makes that transition easier from J Smith im all for. wont obviously pay immediate dividends but could be huge when that time comes of Smith retiring.

vCash
    I don't think it is absolutely necessary to get Justin Smith's replacement in this draft. He still has two years left on his contract and I'd like to re-sign him for 2-3 years after this contract is up. If that happens, we still have 4-5 more years of Justin Smith. His replacement can be drafted in a couple more years. Now, if there is a stud there at the position when we draft, then by all means take him. I just don't think it is urgent to get his replacement in this draft. I'd rank our needs like this (assuming the plan isn't to re-sign both of Goldson and Whitner): 1) Safety 2) NT 3) OLB 4) TE 5) DE

vCash
    So we stock piled some draft picks this past draft, who thinks we use them as trade up ammo and if so to where in what round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    So we stock piled some draft picks this past draft, who thinks we use them as trade up ammo and if so to where in what round.
    I think we trade up in Rd 2 similar to Kaep

vCash
    I was looking at the 2008 49ers draft and it was terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't think it is absolutely necessary to get Justin Smith's replacement in this draft. He still has two years left on his contract and I'd like to re-sign him for 2-3 years after this contract is up. If that happens, we still have 4-5 more years of Justin Smith. His replacement can be drafted in a couple more years. Now, if there is a stud there at the position when we draft, then by all means take him. I just don't think it is urgent to get his replacement in this draft. I'd rank our needs like this (assuming the plan isn't to re-sign both of Goldson and Whitner): 1) Safety 2) NT 3) OLB 4) TE 5) DE
    JS is what 34? do you really believe he has 4-5 productive years left after banging in the trenches after all these years? i sure hope your right, im just not so sure. heres to 4-5 more year though. i really dont think its completely urgent either i just feel we have some serious flexibility in this years draft so it might be nice to draft a guy to groom. i wouldn't be mad at a Safety either though( having TJ macdonald patrolling the same outfield his dad did for years would be awesome!). but i think keeping that front seven strong not only for next year but for years to come is extremely important. but i would also be fine with BPA.

vCash
    I say this draft we package a few later round picks to move up into 3rd, 2nd, or late 1st round to pick up some impact player or future starters.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    i want justin Smiths heir apparent in this draft
    Was about to write these exact words.

vCash
    the best part about the 2013 is the 9ers will have the ability to move up in the draft to get their guy. How many picks do they have? 15?

vCash
    we have so few needs, and so many players waiting for their turn (James/Jenkins), that i expect us to trade picks again for 2014 picks. Whitner is signed through 13, and i have no doubt they'll keep Goldson tag or not, so i don't see safety as a major need. If one falls where we pick then sure, but safety isn't really a need till 14 imo. If he continues to play as he has i hope they extend Whitner after the year.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast