Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That's fine. I still want one and a Stanford one if one of them comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That's fine. I still want one and a Stanford one if one of them comes out
    Both of those guys (Ertz and Toilolo) would be good middle round targets if they come out. Joseph Fauria from UCLA is also a solid day two option. I think how early the 49ers draft a TE is going to depend on how high the coaching staff values Garrett Celek. It appears to me that they are quite high on him since he is active every week and has even come into the game a few times.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    This sucks, I don't have a Sanu-level draft hopeful like I did last year.
    Just pick a Rutgers guy and run with it Red

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Just pick a Rutgers guy and run with it Red
    Logan Ryan*, CB, Rutgers
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-3.
    10/13/12: Ryan is having a superb junior season. He has 32 tackles, six passes broken up and two interceptions. Ryan' coverage has been sound, and he is having a presence all over the field. The junior may be better off returning for his senior season to have a shot at being one of the top corners in the 2014 NFL Draft class. Ryan hasn't been challenged by a pro-prospect receiver yet.

9/1/12: Ryan broke into the starting lineup and had an impressive sophomore season. He had 67 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles, three interceptions and 14 passes broken up last season. Ryan was third on the team in tackles. He should only get better as he gains experience.

This is the only guy I really like coming out of RU and he may not even declare this year, sucks. Fits a position of need too.

vCash
    ^^^That's ok, your draft crush from last year has played in 5 games and has only caught 3 passes for 27 yards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    ^^^That's ok, your draft crush from last year has played in 5 games and has only caught 3 passes for 27 yards
    Hey hey, threw a TD too damn it

vCash
    Hey hey, threw a TD too damn it
    That's true...and he has a perfect QBR LOL

vCash
    That's true...and he has a perfect QBR LOL
    EXACTLY

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Logan Ryan*, CB, Rutgers
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-3.
    10/13/12: Ryan is having a superb junior season. He has 32 tackles, six passes broken up and two interceptions. Ryan' coverage has been sound, and he is having a presence all over the field. The junior may be better off returning for his senior season to have a shot at being one of the top corners in the 2014 NFL Draft class. Ryan hasn't been challenged by a pro-prospect receiver yet.

9/1/12: Ryan broke into the starting lineup and had an impressive sophomore season. He had 67 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles, three interceptions and 14 passes broken up last season. Ryan was third on the team in tackles. He should only get better as he gains experience.

This is the only guy I really like coming out of RU and he may not even declare this year, sucks. Fits a position of need too.
    Now we're talking!

vCash
    Anyone else think that if Goldson leaves, yes this a hypothetical, that we maybe take Amerson (should be there for us) and stick him at FS? He has great ability when it comes to attacking the ball, really good size, but lacks the fluidity to be an NFL CB. Thoughts on the scenario?

vCash
    Anyone else think that if Goldson leaves, yes this a hypothetical, that we maybe take Amerson (should be there for us) and stick him at FS? He has great ability when it comes to attacking the ball, really good size, but lacks the fluidity to be an NFL CB. Thoughts on the scenario?
    Not me, I'd prefer to have a proven safety prospect like McDonald, Reid, or Vaccaro with that pick instead of converting a CB to a safety. I wouldn't mind drafting a CB to be a CB with that pick, but I like Rhodes and Banks a lot more than Amerson.

vCash
    Not me, I'd prefer to have a proven safety prospect like McDonald, Reid, or Vaccaro with that pick instead of converting a CB to a safety. I wouldn't mind drafting a CB to be a CB with that pick, but I like Rhodes and Banks a lot more than Amerson.
    Oh trust me, I agree with you, but I think Banks and Rhodes are gone when we pick unless we move up, there are alot of potential CB drafting teams this year IMO. Amerson has played S before, I think his freshman year and in highschool, has great size 6'3 and attacks the ball like a WR (or so say the scouts), so the stiff hips lead me to think maybe FS prospect).

vCash
    Oh trust me, I agree with you, but I think Banks and Rhodes are gone when we pick unless we move up, there are alot of potential CB drafting teams this year IMO. Amerson has played S before, I think his freshman year and in highschool, has great size 6'3 and attacks the ball like a WR (or so say the scouts), so the stiff hips lead me to think maybe FS prospect).
    Honestly as far as safety goes...Goldson has played better than I've ever seem him play this season. Even better than the end of the season stretch a few yrs back. If he keeps it up the entire season, I wouldn't be opposed to him getting big bucks from the Niners to stay. He hasn't completely won me over, but he's working on it. Cap room I wouldn't think should be an issue with Willis' contract being loaded for this year and the $6M+ that's going to Goldson's franchise tag right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Honestly as far as safety goes...Goldson has played better than I've ever seem him play this season. Even better than the end of the season stretch a few yrs back. If he keeps it up the entire season, I wouldn't be opposed to him getting big bucks from the Niners to stay. He hasn't completely won me over, but he's working on it. Cap room I wouldn't think should be an issue with Willis' contract being loaded for this year and the $6M+ that's going to Goldson's franchise tag right now.
    The problem is that he, even at his best, isn't a top 5 S in the league. And that's how he wants to be paid. It's not a question of should we keep him (we should) but more of can we get him to stay for a reasonable deal.

vCash
    The problem is that he, even at his best, isn't a top 5 S in the league. And that's how he wants to be paid. It's not a question of should we keep him (we should) but more of can we get him to stay for a reasonable deal.
    I disagree with this part. To me the biggest problem has been his inconsistency. He'll throw himself uncontrolled at a play and that's the biggest irritation with me. Looking for the highlight instead of the tackle. This year (surprisingly since my argument with Rap...a plot by him and Dashon I'm sure to make me look bad) he hasn't been doing that. He's been very assignment sound and flown to the ball. His tacklind has been significantly better than it has at any other point in his career. At his best I think he is a top 5 safety. The worry is will he be at his best AFTER he gets a payday?

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast