Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I mean you always want to have the luxury to always look to improve your team but to say we have lots of holes to fill is stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    I think we will have too many holes to fill this off season to worry about cutting Brooks. We do not have any player on the roster (except possibly harylson) who is a starting caliber OL. Hagans is old. Our rookies from last year are hurt or aweful. We will have to draft a player, but will need at least a year to develop.

Goldson will probably walk, so we will need a replacement for him. Rogers should be cut, so we will need a corner. Most of our Defensive Lineman are free agents and Smith is getting old... so we definitely will have some work to do there. We need a new kicker. May need a new backup QB if we trade or release Smith. We may lose Larry Grant in free agency, so we will need to draft a replacement MLB for him as insurance to Willis and Beauman.

So just think we have too many other holes to think about cutting one of our best OLB without having a descent replacement already on the roster.
    So many things wrong with this post. First, as I said in the previous post, we are not talking about cutting Brooks this year. We are discussing whether or not he is cut prior to the 2015 season [more than 2 years from now]. Second, we have very few holes to fill this offseason. Third, Haralson and Brooks play DE/OLB, not OL. Fourth, Goldson can't walk if we franchise him and it's 99% certain that we will if a longterm deal doesn't get done. Fifth, Rogers won't be cut this offseason since more than half of his salary is guaranteed for 2013. He will be cut following the 2013 season.

vCash
    revis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rds1488 View Post
    revis?
    dont need him......not for the money he makes and he's coming off a torn knee. Rogers is solid, and Brown/Culliver will be the two main CB's sometime in the future as Rogers declines with age or gets released sometime in the next couple years (or when contract runs out in 3 years from now)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rds1488 View Post
    revis?
    SALARY CAP!!!!! We aren't adding any big name players in the offseason. Move on!

vCash
    It's better to ignore those posts then respond to them because no matter what our cap situation is, if there's a rumor a player being available or big pending FA's, people are going to make threads/posts suggesting we get them when the feasibility is not there.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    SALARY CAP!!!!! We aren't adding any big name players in the offseason. Move on!
    I turned the salary cap off when I started my franchise. We're good

vCash
    This team is going to build through the draft. There won't be any big name, high dollar free agents on this team now or in the foreseeable future. The only free agents that will be signed will be for depth and older players that have value and are willing to take less money to play for a winner. The beauty of having a winning organization is you have a chance at the players who still have something left.

vCash
    There probably will be some options in the late first round at safety to consider. They aren't always a guarantee to go high. Depending on the cap hit Jarius Byrd from Buffalo could make sense. I would prefer to retain Goldson, but someone may end up overpaying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    There probably will be some options in the late first round at safety to consider. They aren't always a guarantee to go high. Depending on the cap hit Jarius Byrd from Buffalo could make sense. I would prefer to retain Goldson, but someone may end up overpaying.
    Then we franchise him and then work out a deal. Easy peasy
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Then we franchise him and then work out a deal. Easy peasy
    Exactly, I don't know why people keep suggesting we'll lose Goldson because other teams will overpay. Have they not heard of the franchise tag?

vCash
    Sooooo guys, I didn't see a ton of value at positions of need for us in the PSD mock, so I took Lattimore. 4th round.

vCash
    Fantastic value for the fourth round. If Lattimore is there in the fourth I hope the 49ers pounce on him. We will be able to stash him for a year while he recovers and he wont hold up a spot on the 53 man roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cencal View Post
    Fantastic value for the fourth round. If Lattimore is there in the fourth I hope the 49ers pounce on him. We will be able to stash him for a year while he recovers and he wont hold up a spot on the 53 man roster
    My thoughts as well. The way Mayock spoke about him at the Senior Bowl you would think teams may still use a 1st or 2nd on the guy.

vCash
    Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast