Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hunt is a monster. He will fly up draft boards after the combine, and for good reason. He's Justin Smith with longer arms. (poor mans Justin Smith) And you can say that most DE's in college are going up against someone who's bagging grocery's next year
    Richardson did what he did against SEC offensive linemen.

vCash
    Rotoworld:
    SMU senior DE Margus Hunt recorded three tackles for loss, including two sacks, to go along with two forced fumbles during the team's bowl win.
    Both of Hunt's sacks came on the left side, the first as a defensive end in a three man front, beating the right tackle to the edge while running around the corner. The second was at three technique defensive tackle in a two man front, and Hunt split the gap with a rip to force the sack. Neither showed the kind of technique NFL evaluators want to see, but Hunt certainly possesses the size and frame to be selected during the draft's second day.
    "Neither showed the kind of technique NFL evaluators want to see..."

"Possesses the size and frame to be selected during the draft's second day."

vCash
    Second Day = Second round, like I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Rotoworld:

"Neither showed the kind of technique NFL evaluators want to see..."

"Possesses the size and frame to be selected during the draft's second day."
    Jenkins was a day 2 pick too, he was beating double and triple teams with size and speed alone, we have Justin and Coach Tom to add technique to that.

vCash
    I'm still on the move for Richardson bandwagon, but I just really like the raw pure skill this Hunt kid seems to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I'm still on the move for Richardson bandwagon, but I just really like the raw pure skill this Hunt kid seems to have.
    I like Richardson too but IMO hell be long gone and Baalke has shown he won't throw away multiple picks for 1 player. Hunt has solidified himself as a late second IMO.

As of now my mock is.....

1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.
    2. Margus Hunt DE/DT SMU
    3. Jordan Reed TE Florida
    3. Da'rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
    3. Tyrann Mathieu CB/PR LSU
    4. Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern
    5. Kyle Long OG/OT Oregon
    5. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    6. Dustin Hopkins K Florida St.
    6. Michael Mauti OLB/ILB Penn St.
    7. Marquess Wilson WR Washington St.

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerrider80 View Post
    I like Richardson too but IMO hell be long gone and Baalke has shown he won't throw away multiple picks for 1 player. Hunt has solidified himself as a late second IMO.

2. Margus Hunt DE/DT SMU
    What's the point of using 11 draft picks? There is probably room for about 5 of them to make the team. Aside from Garrett Celek, none of our draft picks from this year were even dressing on game days until Kendall Hunter went down a couple of weeks ago. We should move up and grab a really good player in the middle of the 1st round. Even if Richardson isn't there, there will be another high impact player available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerrider80 View Post

2. Margus Hunt DE/DT SMU
    Normally I would agree but we have 13 or 14 picks this year with comps, we can't keep more than a handful, so why not just make a big move and get a stud guy who is exactly what we need.

vCash
    Normally I would agree but we have 13 or 14 picks this year with comps, we can't keep more than a handful, so why not just make a big move and get a stud guy who is exactly what we need.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Its not what I would do necessarily but what I think he will do

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash

Rutgers' junior CB Logan Ryan announced that will declare for the NFL Draft.
    Ryan is a physical man corner who does not mind disrupting targets at the catch point. Add in that the junior is not afraid to close aggressively on the edge and Ryan is a likely top-64 selection.
    Look out, the Rutgers homer may pop back up this year lol

vCash
    Look out, the Rutgers homer may pop back up this year lol
    There is the RedandGold we all have been waiting for.

vCash
    With the 49ers current cap situation, I thought I'd try to get some conversation going in this thread by listing certain players that could be options to be cut to save cap space:

No brainers:

1) Alex Smith- This one has already been discussed to death. If cut prior to March 1st, total cap savings = $8.75 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $1 mil]

2) Parys Haralson- If cut before March 1st, total cap savings = $2.67 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $200k]; if cut later, total cap savings = $2.57 mil

3) David Akers - It doesn't matter when he is cut since he doesn't get a roster bonus. Total cap savings = $3.05 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $567k]

Others to consider:

4) Jonathan Goodwin - Goodwin has had a pretty decent year, but not anything that has been outstanding or irreplaceable. The team has traded up for interior linemen in the last 2 drafts and has a plethora of picks this year. It would be interesting to see if Harbaugh/Baalke have enough faith in the younger players. If Goodwin is cut at any time prior to the 2013 season, total cap savings = $4.35 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $667k]

5) Mario Manningham - This one will be extremely unpopular with the fan base and I'm not sure myself whether or not I'd want to do it. But hear out the rationale. Mario Manningham played very well for us this year, however, he sustained a torn ACL and PCL late in the season. It is very questionable whether or not he will be ready to go for the start of the 2013 season and even if he is, it is unclear how effective he will be. People will point to Adrian Peterson to argue against this, but Adrian Peterson is the exception, not the rule. Most players coming off of late season ACL injuries are not effective the year following their return. Perhaps the team can cut their ties with Manningham and free up some space to bring back Moss plus draft a WR or 2. If Manningham is cut prior to March 1st, total cap savings = $3.95 mil.

***Keep in mind that the 49ers will be less than half a mil from the cap and will still need to fit Goldson, the rookie contracts, and a few budget free agents. The following players are not under contract and perhaps the 49ers will want to bring back any of them cheaply: Randy Moss, Delanie Walker, Larry Grant, Tavares Gooden, Tramain Brock, Isaac Sopoaga, RJF, Leonard Davis, Cam Johnson, Tony Jerod-Eddie, and Darcel McBath.

***Their is also the option to restructure some players contracts or structure Goldson's in a way where he gets a larger signing bonus combined with a very low first year salary to make his cap number a little lighter. Of course the team would have to sweeten that with a lot of guaranteed money.
    Last edited by Lakers211221; 01-01-2013 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    With the 49ers current cap situation, I thought I'd try to get some conversation going in this thread by listing certain players that could be options to be cut to save cap space:

No brainers:

1) Alex Smith- This one has already been discussed to death. If cut prior to March 1st, total cap savings = $8.75 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $1 mil]

2) Parys Haralson- If cut before March 1st, total cap savings = $2.67 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $200k]; if cut later, total cap savings = $2.57 mil

3) David Akers - It doesn't matter when he is cut since he doesn't get a roster bonus. Total cap savings = $3.05 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $567k]

Others to consider:

4) Jonathan Goodwin - Goodwin has had a pretty decent year, but not anything that has been outstanding or irreplaceable. The team has traded up for interior linemen in the last 2 drafts and has a plethora of picks this year. It would be interesting to see if Harbaugh/Baalke have enough faith in the younger players. If Goodwin is cut at any time prior to the 2013 season, total cap savings = $4.35 mil [amount that can't be recovered = $667k]

5) Mario Manningham - This one will be extremely unpopular with the fan base and I'm not sure myself whether or not I'd want to do it. But hear out the rationale. Mario Manningham played very well for us this year, however, he sustained a torn ACL and PCL late in the season. It is very questionable whether or not he will be ready to go for the start of the 2013 season and even if he is, it is unclear how effective he will be. People will point to Adrian Peterson to argue against this, but Adrian Peterson is the exception, not the rule. Most players coming off of late season ACL injuries are not effective the year following their return. Perhaps the team can cut their ties with Manningham and free up some space to bring back Moss plus draft a WR or 2. If Manningham is cut prior to March 1st, total cap savings = $3.95 mil.

***Keep in mind that the 49ers will be less than half a mil from the cap and will still need to fit Goldson, the rookie contracts, and a few budget free agents. The following players are not under contract and perhaps the 49ers will want to bring back any of them cheaply: Randy Moss, Delanie Walker, Larry Grant, Tavares Gooden, Tramain Brock, Isaac Sopoaga, RJF, Leonard Davis, Cam Johnson, Tony Jerod-Eddie, and Darcel McBath.

***Their is also the option to restructure some players contracts or structure Goldson's in a way where he gets a larger signing bonus combined with a very low first year salary to make his cap number a little lighter. Of course the team would have to sweeten that with a lot of guaranteed money.
    I see what you mean with Manningham. I actually thought the same thing but never said it because I thought I'd get jumped. You guys tend to do that regardless of my argument. I guess they'll have to wait and see if Jenkins does any damn thing in the playoffs and if Moss even wants to come back. I had the same thought about Goodwin also with the cap being such a small jump. Good player...but I think Looney was drafted to replace him anyway.

Of the guys you listed...I'm ok with all of them coming back except Walker. I don't want him anywhere near the team. You can't drop 1 of every 3 passes while bobbling the other two.

vCash
    We may see some massive cuts this year, some could be unpopular, but in the coming years we are going to have some major pieces to resign so we may have to mass-cut this season and let some back ups fill in the gaps left behind.

Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast