Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black55 View Post
    we have so few needs, and so many players waiting for their turn (James/Jenkins), that i expect us to trade picks again for 2014 picks. Whitner is signed through 13, and i have no doubt they'll keep Goldson tag or not, so i don't see safety as a major need. If one falls where we pick then sure, but safety isn't really a need till 14 imo. If he continues to play as he has i hope they extend Whitner after the year.
    I agree, I think the only "needs" for our team would be NT, TE, heir apparent to Justin Smith, jumpball height-weight-speed Moss heir apparent, Goodwin heir apparent and Whitner heir apparent.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a draft similar to New England last year.

1.Barret Jones C Alabama (trade up)
    1. TJ McDonald S USC (trade up)
    3. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
    3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    JS is what 34? do you really believe he has 4-5 productive years left after banging in the trenches after all these years? i sure hope your right, im just not so sure. heres to 4-5 more year though. i really dont think its completely urgent either i just feel we have some serious flexibility in this years draft so it might be nice to draft a guy to groom. i wouldn't be mad at a Safety either though( having TJ macdonald patrolling the same outfield his dad did for years would be awesome!). but i think keeping that front seven strong not only for next year but for years to come is extremely important. but i would also be fine with BPA.
    He turned 33 on Sunday against the Jets. And yes,I can see him playing 4-5 more years of quality football. He doesn't dominate with athleticism. He dominates with technique and football knowledge. I agree with you that keeping the front 7 strong is extremely important, but it is going to be near impossible to replace Justin Smith with anyone even remotely close to his equal. If Justin Smith was taken off of this team, the defense would go from being at the top of the league to somewhere in the middle of the pack. That's how important he is to what we do. Next time you watch a game, focus on Justin Smith for a series or two and you will see what I mean. Most people don't notice it, but even when he doesn't appear to be the one who made the play, he's the one who made it happen. I just don't think we can let him go in two years.

vCash
    well i hope your right i would love it if he played for that much longer!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    I don't know college players all that much, but I hope we start replenishing our defense to keep it such a strength. We went big on offense last draft, let's get some more beef up front and some young blood for the secondary.

vCash
    I want to move up to get ERic Reid. is that to wishful ha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JCkrazzy View Post
    Yes but that would be beast!!!

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JCkrazzy View Post
    We might not have to. He's a late 1st to early 2nd rounder at this point.

vCash
    Both Reid and McDonald are very solid players but not Eric Berry/Earl Thomas type of guys so one or both could be there for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    We might not have to. He's a late 1st to early 2nd rounder at this point.
    I don't see Reid falling to the 2nd.

vCash
    I'd love to draft UF DT Sharrif Floyd. He's been great for the Gators this year. He could really be an assett for us. Remember the last Florida defensive lineman we got..........Ray-Mac. BEAST!!!

vCash
    Shut up with your God awful Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Of course WhiteSox wants us to draft a Gator. What a surprise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I don't see Reid falling to the 2nd.
    He's been beat a couple of times for big gains this year. He might be the third best safety (he's either 2nd or 3rd--him and McDonald are very close right now, but Jefferson is the clear-cut #1 safety right now). You don't typically see more than 1-2 safeties go in round 1 so one of Reid or McDonald should be there when we pick at #32.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Both Reid and McDonald are very solid players but not Eric Berry/Earl Thomas type of guys so one or both could be there for us.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Shut up with your God awful Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Of course WhiteSox wants us to draft a Gator. What a surprise.
    Ya'll knew it was coming. At least I didn't suggest drafting Jeff Driskel, ha ha.

Hey but Floyd has had a good year. He is strong and has a great motor. He is built in that Ray-Mac mold. He will be a pretty good player. Watch him against LSU he will make his presence felt.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast