Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Offseason and Draft

Hey guys its me again...(waits for the "It's too early" comments to be over) back to my old habit of getting the ball rolling on potential FAs and college prospects. I'm not going to get into who I want us to draft or anything like that yet, just thought we should have a place to talk about guys that we THINK could fit in well on this team. College football still has a ways to go and FAs have to get through the resigning period, but never hurts to discuss. Also have guys that could either depart or be re-signed by us that can go on in here.

vCash
    Some of the guys getting early looks in mock drafts going to us are: Jesse Williams DT/DE Bama, T.J. MacDonald S USC, Johnathan Jenkins NT Georgia, Barret Jones OT/OG/C Bama, Eric Reid S LSU.

I'd love to get either of the first two IMO. Williams could be an heir to Sop or J Smith and MacDonald would fit in nicely across from Goldson (whom I think will get his new deal from us with how he's played).

If we look to add another WR this offseason there seems to be a TON of potential FA WRs as well.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 10-01-2012 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    I feel like we should go safety in the 1st round. I don't think we'll be able to hold onto Goldson for much longer, I like MacDonald from USC. Also wouldn't mind a DT. Short from Purdue would be nice, but he'll likely be gone when we pick. Johnathan Jenkins will probably be the best DT when we pick
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    The Goldson situation could pretty much be the hinge for our entire offseason. He's been playing very well and might actually be close to what he wants in a new deal. So if we can't make a deal then I think S might immediately become our obvious draft/FA priority. Ideally tho I would like to see our contract wizard work something out that benefits both parties as Goldson is really playing well for us right now.

vCash
    I love RedandGold initiated threads. We should have a policy that nobody but RedandGold can inititate threads!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Some of the guys getting early looks in mock drafts going to us are: Jesse Williams DT/DE Bama, T.J. MacDonald S USC, Johnathan Jenkins NT Georgia, Barret Jones OT/OG/C Bama, Eric Reid S LSU.

I'd love to get either of the first two IMO. Williams could be an heir to Sop or J Smith and MacDonald would fit in nicely across from Goldson (whom I think will get his new deal from us with how he's played).

If we look to add another WR this offseason there seems to be a TON of potential FA WRs as well.
    I think all of those guys are potential targets. It's my opinion that we go safety or defensive line. OLB is also a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I love RedandGold initiated threads. We should have a policy that nobody but RedandGold can inititate threads!
    Hey lol what did I do that was so good? Look just because it isn't a "bash Alex Smith" thread or some other sky is falling topic, doesn't mean it's that great.

vCash
    Hey lol what did I do that was so good? Look just because it isn't a "bash Alex Smith" thread or some other sky is falling topic, doesn't mean it's that great.
    I love year round draft threads

vCash
    I think all of those guys are potential targets. It's my opinion that we go safety or defensive line. OLB is also a possibility.
    While it isn't Sanu level yet, my draftee crush is Williams. I think he can play any spot on the DL which is huge in our defense, and with potentially being without Sop and J Smith in a few years, a guy like that could be just what we need. But if Goldson leaves, has to be a safety, even if we need to use those extra picks to nab a good one by moving up.

vCash
    I love year round draft threads
    Haha well as do I, just got my throat climbed down last year so trying to keep it draft related but also FA and departing FA related as well.

vCash
    I think another big question is who will replace Delanie Walker. He drops to many passes to get any significant $$ so he'll probably jet to some stupid team that will overpay. Do they go with Celek and bring in a low budget FA or late round draft pick for the #3 TE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I think another big question is who will replace Delanie Walker. He drops to many passes to get any significant $$ so he'll probably jet to some stupid team that will overpay. Do they go with Celek and bring in a low budget FA or late round draft pick for the #3 TE.
    I think so, Celek has looked really nice to me when I've seen him play.

vCash
    While it isn't Sanu level yet, my draftee crush is Williams. I think he can play any spot on the DL which is huge in our defense, and with potentially being without Sop and J Smith in a few years, a guy like that could be just what we need. But if Goldson leaves, has to be a safety, even if we need to use those extra picks to nab a good one by moving up.
    I personally like Eric Reid or TJ McDonald with #32. You can't pay everyone, and if we let Goldson walk, it will save some money that we can use to re-sign other players. In the next two years, I'd like to see us re-sign Justin Smith, NaVorro Bowman, Donte Whitner, and Tarell Brown. If we lose Isaac Sopoaga, Delanie Walker, and Dashon Goldson, I'm okay with it. I think those players can be replaced in the draft.

vCash
    I personally like Eric Reid or TJ McDonald with #32. You can't pay everyone, and if we let Goldson walk, it will save some money that we can use to re-sign other players. In the next two years, I'd like to see us re-sign Justin Smith, NaVorro Bowman, Donte Whitner, and Tarell Brown. If we lose Isaac Sopoaga, Delanie Walker, and Dashon Goldson, I'm okay with it. I think those players can be replaced in the draft.
    I wouldn't mind Reid or McDonald either, I just see Williams down in Bama doing exactly what Justin does for us. Moves inside with a 4 man front, outside with a 3 man front, has the attitude and power that we see in Smith, could be molded so well .

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Reid or McDonald either, I just see Williams down in Bama doing exactly what Justin does for us. Moves inside with a 4 man front, outside with a 3 man front, has the attitude and power that we see in Smith, could be molded so well .
    Where do you think Williams will get picked? Places I've seen have him as a 2nd round pick and maybe slipping into the 3rd. Do you think he'd be there for our 2nd pick or close enough to where we can trade up without giving up too much? Looking farther into him he is an intriguing player. He's very big and strong and would benefit greatly sitting behind Smith and others for a couple years considering he didn't start playing football till he was 15 and is a JC transfer.
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast