Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash

Thumbs up Aldon Smith: 2012-13 Season MVP

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...-san-francisco

NEW ORLEANS -- The 49ers players and coaches voted linebacker Aldon Smith the team's most valuable player, coach Jim Harbaugh said Monday.
    Smith set a franchise record with 19 1/2 sacks this season, all of them coming in the 49ers' first 13 games.
    "There's a lot of guys that are good, there's a lot of guys that could have gotten that award," Smith said. "So, it's an honor."
    Smith hasn't recorded a sack in the past five games. However, he still is finding ways to be effective, Harbaugh said.
    To that end, Harbaugh awarded Smith a game ball for his effort against the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship Game on Jan. 20.
    "He had a number of (quarterback) pressures and hurries
    and he played the run extremely well," Harbaugh said.
    Focusing solely on Smith's sacks is what Harbaugh calls "the low-hanging fruit," one of the things that is easy for people to see. Smith excels in all aspects of the game, Harbaugh said.
    Fellow linebacker NaVorro Bowman said Smith was a logical choice as the team MVP.
    "He's always doing his job," Bowman said. "That's pretty much an MVP. He's always doing his job, you don't really have to say too much to him and he's always producing. When we need a big play, he's always able to produce that. He's very worthy of that award."
    Smith went from a role player his rookie season in 2011 to a starter this season. Making such a transition isn't the easiest thing to do, Bowman
    said.
    "Playing a full 60-minute game in this league is very tough to do," Bowman said. "His first year, he wasn't an every-down guy. For him to take on that challenge this year, run with it and have the success that he's having just shows the type of guy he is. He definitely proved himself this year."
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Should have been Justin Smith IMO. He makes Aldon that much better and is a beast with in himself
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Should have been Justin Smith IMO. He makes Aldon that much better and is a beast with in himself
    Agreed.

vCash
    It could've gone a lot of different ways this year. I think Justin missing 3 games probably hurt his chances of getting it. Crabtree, Gore, Boone, Anthony Davis, Bowman, Willis, and Goldson all would've been worthy candidates too.

vCash
    Gore.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:25286734
    It could've gone a lot of different ways this year. I think Justin missing 3 games probably hurt his chances of getting it. Crabtree, Gore, Boone, Anthony Davis, Bowman, Willis, and Goldson all would've been worthy candidates too.
    agreed
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think the significant drop off in our defense when he missed those games proves that he should've been it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I think the significant drop off in our defense when he missed those games proves that he should've been it.
    Yes, I was going to say the same thing

vCash
    Good for MR. i try to arm tackle everyone and miss
    49ersssss