Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would prefer to still use the wood Bauer 3030 sticks but about 4 years ago Bauer started making there wood sticks like 4 inches shorter and that was rattling for a lengthy son ******. Im your basic duster turned sniper in beer league. But I miss my sticks if anyone can find them for me I will pay you 1 billion dollars. Lindros curve please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk13 View Post
    I would prefer to still use the wood Bauer 3030 sticks but about 4 years ago Bauer started making there wood sticks like 4 inches shorter and that was rattling for a lengthy son ******. Im your basic duster turned sniper in beer league. But I miss my sticks if anyone can find them for me I will pay you 1 billion dollars. Lindros curve please.
    Bauer doesn't make any wood sticks anymore I don't think.

Buy these instead:
    http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=SW53

vCash
    beer leaguer here (though I don't drink)...play on Sunday nights

Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    So does ANYONE use a Coffey curve?? I guess someone has to, because I see the sticks for 'em in the skate shop all the time. I can't imagine anyone thinking that missing the net is a good idea though.
    I still use the Coffey wood sticks. I have never been able to use the graphite, composite or whatever they are made of now-a-days. They all feel too light in my hands. I buy as many of the Coffey sticks as I can for fear that they won't be around much longer. I originally liked the stick for it's length (when I started playing it was the longest stick I could find). I am not a shooter...I am a defensmen's defenseman, so liked the reach the stick had for poking and sweeping

Been playing now for about 16 years, and played a bit as a kid in the 70's. Have always used Bauer skates (started with 1000's in the 80's, 4000's in the 90's and now have the Vapor X5.0's)
    Last edited by xpucksx; 12-17-2012 at 02:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    It's deceiving really, the skates take a dramtic bump in quality from 6.0 and up. The main thing is if you are comfortable in your skates, if you are then there's really no need to get a new set but you are playing a bit of hockey and if you are above 180lbs and have a strong stride then don't be surprised if the 3.0's break down faster than you expect them to. See how it goes and gauge it for your next set. Comfort is everything though the skates won't make you a good skater, a good skater is a good skater no matter if he's in $200 skates or $800 skates. I've seen guys that still love their old Bauer 4000's so much they bought two or three pair of them so they wouldn't be without them, and they skate as well as anyone.
    hey...that was me! till I wore out my last pair...getting used to the stiffer composite skates is like relearning!! Frustrating!

vCash
    I broke down and bought the top end Mako (the gray one). Usually retails for like 220, got it for 170 from my skate shop. Hall curve.

Awesome forehand, ****** backhand 4 lyfe.

vCash
    Hello - was wondering if someone could help me. I want to try rollerblade hockey and need to buy a pair of skates could someone recommend me any?

vCash
    Ive not done inline, but as far as I have been told, the boots themselves fit exactly the same as their iceskate counterparts. So if you wear a vapor ice boot, you should probably start with that. If you can, go to a store and try some pairs on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    Ive not done inline, but as far as I have been told, the boots themselves fit exactly the same as their iceskate counterparts. So if you wear a vapor ice boot, you should probably start with that. If you can, go to a store and try some pairs on.
    I've never played ice hockey before either - i'm completey new to actually playing the sport. I'm 18 and have been a fan of the sport since I can remember. What got my intrest was floor hockey, currently playing it at school and im not bad at it but I want to take it to the next level. I'm gonna take your advice though and go to a store and try some on, thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I've never played ice hockey before either - i'm completey new to actually playing the sport. I'm 18 and have been a fan of the sport since I can remember. What got my intrest was floor hockey, currently playing it at school and im not bad at it but I want to take it to the next level. I'm gonna take your advice though and go to a store and try some on, thanks.
    Are you looking for an indoor pair for a league? Or just any recreational pair?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    Are you looking for an indoor pair for a league? Or just any recreational pair?
    I'm thinking about joining a league

vCash
    Broke one of my synergys last week on a pass. A PASS! Just picked up a CCM U+ (Ovechkin curve) one-piece. Pretty dirty stick. Got some nice stick handling with a wicked clapper. Saucer passes like a dream. Still haven't found the kick point on wrist shots though. Seems to either be at waist height or 2 feet over the net on wristers. Kinda why I usually stick to pretty straight blades, I know when to release it on wristers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Hello - was wondering if someone could help me. I want to try rollerblade hockey and need to buy a pair of skates could someone recommend me any?
    I started playing last year and have some Bauer vapor 2.0s they aren't bad for $100. I'm going to look at a better pair soon probably some reeboks with pumps

vCash
    I need a new stick if anyone has suggestions I've only had a wood Crosby stick and a vapor 2.0

vCash
    I started with Vapor 3.0s over the summer, and they work great still. I'll likely get some high end boots once I can afford them.

vCash
    Scored a goal tonight with an S17. Those are at least 2 years old now, right?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast