Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 113
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500
    I'm currently 16 playing for a high school's JV team, hope to move up to varsity next year because I took a 3 year break. Currently a sophomore, hoping to make it to the pros someday. Just a kid living a dream.

    btw I ask for clear tape every practice and there's a kid with a roll the size of a large frisbee who claims he'll run out if he shares a piece with me.

    Some pics of me playing, this was for a midget travel team in august but me and the coach had a confrontation about playing time and I basically decided not to play for him anymore. But this tournament was fun. I'm in the middle.





    Last edited by lidstrom; 10-31-2012 at 08:37 PM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,634
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    Clear is IMPLIED. Duh.
    no no i dont mean "do you have clear tape"

    "got clear" in itself is all thats needed to be said


    “Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,183
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lidstrom View Post
    I'm currently 16 playing for a high school's JV team, hope to move up to varsity next year because I took a 3 year break. Currently a sophomore, hoping to make it to the pros someday. Just a kid living a dream.

    btw I ask for clear tape every practice and there's a kid with a roll the size of a large frisbee who claims he'll run out if he shares a piece with me.

    Some pics of me playing, this was for a midget travel team in august but me and the coach had a confrontation about playing time and I basically decided not to play for him anymore. But this tournament was fun. I'm in the middle.





    Picture 2: Keep your head up...you will get rocked...haha

    I'm also a sophomore in high school but I don't play for my school because in my state it's not as good compared to a midget team.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    Picture 2: Keep your head up...you will get rocked...haha

    I'm also a sophomore in high school but I don't play for my school because in my state it's not as good compared to a midget team.
    I did, this was literally right off a face off, I watched it hit my stick and then let her rip.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    17,065
    vCash
    1631
    I was gonna start a thread, glad I checked to see if there was one first LOL! I played my first game in 4 years tonight! I was brutal!! It didn't go that bad tho. I am a good 30 pounds heavier(which is why I'm playing) so it's understandable. I was SOOO fired up to play that I blew my wad my first shift. I just play in a non-check adult rec league in so-cal so it's not like I'm good, but man was it fun to get back out there!
    Last edited by Cracka2HI!; 11-09-2012 at 05:53 AM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,407
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lidstrom View Post
    I did, this was literally right off a face off, I watched it hit my stick and then let her rip.
    No...don't rip that shot right away. Take your time and look around, you have options. 99% of the time you will not beat a goalie off a draw like that. You should have a corner option,a net option and a D option. On top of this, if you choose to shoot, wait for a screen. Off the draw shots simply don't work as much as we'd like. Personally, I'd go with the option to the D. An easy backhand pass banked off the boards and bolt to the net for a nice screen/deflection. That's simplistic, yet effective, hockey right there.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    I mean, I learned as an adult, and still am. I am happy that the lower division in the adult league are pretty much all guys in my position. A few guys played as kids but gave it up for 20 years, but it's still an absolute blast.

    I'd love to even be able to play at the higher levels, but one step at a time!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    No...don't rip that shot right away. Take your time and look around, you have options. 99% of the time you will not beat a goalie off a draw like that. You should have a corner option,a net option and a D option. On top of this, if you choose to shoot, wait for a screen. Off the draw shots simply don't work as much as we'd like. Personally, I'd go with the option to the D. An easy backhand pass banked off the boards and bolt to the net for a nice screen/deflection. That's simplistic, yet effective, hockey right there.
    ... I was right wing and my center put me back there and told me to just shoot, captain of the team. He drew me back the pass, I looked for 2 seconds when the right winger nudged the D a bit and set up a screen and shot, hit my teammates stick and almost deflected in. I did look for a second, that picture isn't like one after another, they're a few seconds apart haha.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    What skates do you guys use?
    I have the Bauer X7.0's and they are pretty nice.
    I've been using the CCM U+ CL for the past season and a half. Best skate I've owned yet.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    What skates do you guys use?
    I have the Bauer X7.0's and they are pretty nice.
    I use the X3.0s, are the 7.0s worth 600$????

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    I use the X3.0s, are the 7.0s worth 600$????
    x3.0 are a low end skate and the 7.0's are high end, depends on your level of hockey, size and how much you play whether it's worth it or not. Personally I'd wear out a pair of X3.0's in about half a season so for me the 7.0's would be worth it. If you are playing once a week pickup you probably don't need anything else than what you have unless they aren't comfortable on your feet.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    I have league Sundays, two to three 90 minute practices a week, then stick and puck time. I mean, I've not even been skating for a year, so I didn't think I'd really notice the difference in getting a 700$ skate.

    I didn't really think of the 3.0s as "low end" seeing as there are several skates worse than that. I kind saw 'em as mid. :/

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    I have league Sundays, two to three 90 minute practices a week, then stick and puck time. I mean, I've not even been skating for a year, so I didn't think I'd really notice the difference in getting a 700$ skate.

    I didn't really think of the 3.0s as "low end" seeing as there are several skates worse than that. I kind saw 'em as mid. :/
    It's deceiving really, the skates take a dramtic bump in quality from 6.0 and up. The main thing is if you are comfortable in your skates, if you are then there's really no need to get a new set but you are playing a bit of hockey and if you are above 180lbs and have a strong stride then don't be surprised if the 3.0's break down faster than you expect them to. See how it goes and gauge it for your next set. Comfort is everything though the skates won't make you a good skater, a good skater is a good skater no matter if he's in $200 skates or $800 skates. I've seen guys that still love their old Bauer 4000's so much they bought two or three pair of them so they wouldn't be without them, and they skate as well as anyone.
    Last edited by bsi; 11-16-2012 at 06:02 PM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,183
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    I use the X3.0s, are the 7.0s worth 600$????
    Well I didn't pay $600 for the, I got a pair used once for $150. (lucky)
    I think they are great but it depends on your level of play. I was going to get a new pair of 4.0s, which would be low-end since I play on a pretty competitive midget team. If you are skating 2-4 days a week, the 7.0s would be expensive but a great skate, but if you are not out there much I would say the 3.0s are nice too.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    da Souf
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    Well I play two games a week and have things like S&P sessions and clinics outside of that. My 3.0s have been fine, just trying to decide whether it's really worth it.

    I've had my eye on the high-end Mako Stick for soooo long. I want it I want it I want it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •