Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

"Hey Bro, You Got Some Tape?" - The Hockey Players Thread

From the mites to the beer leagues, to the semi-pros, I figure we gotta have a FEW hockey players here. Post about your piss poor slap shot here, get advice from fellow players, and maybe we'll even talk about gear.

PLAY HOCKEY EVERY DAY

vCash
    Title is so true

vCash
    The most overheard thing in the lockroom.

vCash
    Remember boys, no back-checking in the showers
    SPACE

vCash
    Been using Synergy's the last 3 or 4 years and I'm looking at going with another company. Maybe back to a TPS one-piece? I always liked the TPS' but i always broke them and couldn't justify blowing $200 on a stick that would last me 2 or 3 weeks...unless you guys have something else to recommend? I've also used Vapors but I've never used Warrior,RBK etc.

vCash
    I rarely taped my stick when i played. Maybe once every 3 games or so and i see some people doing it after every period. And on the topic of sticks from Pee Wee's on I always used Synergy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Been using Synergy's the last 3 or 4 years and I'm looking at going with another company. Maybe back to a TPS one-piece? I always liked the TPS' but i always broke them and couldn't justify blowing $200 on a stick that would last me 2 or 3 weeks...unless you guys have something else to recommend? I've also used Vapors but I've never used Warrior,RBK etc.
    I always go back to the Easton ST for some reason, I fall for the marketing, the other sticks always feel good in the store but they aren't the same on the ice for some reason, must be just me. I just recently bought the Easton Mako and now I'm looking for another ST, should just stick to what I know, haha.

vCash
    The Mako looks cool and all but from the reviews I've seen, most are rating it a 7 our of 10 or so.

vCash
    Locker-boxing anyone? High school hockey was the best. On the topic of taping sticks, I was that kid, that had to have tape at the bench to tape their stick after every period.

vCash
    I would always put new tape my stick two times a week. However i never used tape on my hockey pants. When i first started playing, i would always rap the tape around the leg to keep the knee pads from falling. After a couple games i stoped because it was too tight.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    NHL game come to a standstill, stop! i am sad...
    http://www.nhlcheapstore.com/nhl-wes...s-c-28_52.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    The Mako looks cool and all but from the reviews I've seen, most are rating it a 7 our of 10 or so.
    I bought the Mako, the price was $70 bucks, it was the beginner stick that Easton tends to do now so that athletes of all ages and levels can still invest into hockey equipment. Ive been playing at all levels for over 15 years now and I personally like this one. I am sure the more expensive you go, the lighter it is and the more durable it is but i made a mistake once before going fo a $150+ stick and its not always worth it. This stick is great tho, I have no issue with it. It feels great, the design is not only cool, original but also helpful in a game like Hockey.

I said it might be lighter, but honestly this is pretty light to begin with.

I like a straight blade too so i tend to go more with Mike Cammi curve but i tried it on the new Stealth. The $60 one in stores, and when i leaned on it to test its flex... i heard a lil crack, or a pop. Nothing too serious but I can only imagine really using it. Not just one, but i tried 3 of them. I tried other curves and it was okay tho but sucks for me cuz im more of straight guy.

vCash
    I'm use Sherwood 5030s, so I'm not a huge help as far as composites go. I like em because they've got weight to them and they're cheap to replace when they break. Break a $200 composite because someone falls on your blade, and you are ****ed. Break a 5030 and no biggie, $35-40 to replace.

Also, if wood sticks were good enough for Brett Hull, they're good enough for me.

vCash
    I play roller hockey a lot. I use Bauer skates the vapor 2.0s a vapor 2.0 stick and Easton gloves

vCash
    Sticks: X:60 Bauer as a forward, Supreme One as a defenseman
    Skates: Reebok 11K

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast