Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Swiss League Player Permanently Paralyzed after hit

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    That is incredibly sad..

That's why when i hear on NHL.com that Richards took a dive into the boards on that Kaleta hit i just want to laugh.

I know this hit was a million times worse but why would anyone want to take that risk of going head first into the boards on purpose with something like that as a possible outcome?
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-07-2013 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Where is the respect amongst the players? Where is it? It's nowhere to be found nowadays.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    What a scumbag hit. Th guy has his back to you and you take a cheap shot like that?
    Future Ace

vCash
    Wow that's horrible to watch.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Saw this exact type of play happen live in a Illinois HS hockey game. The kid also ended up paralyzed.

Just horrific, I hope that guy is able to live a semi-normal life after this.

vCash
    wow that is a scary hit. His head just crunches into the boards

vCash
    terrible...... Hopefully he can have some sort of recovery to a normal life.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    So sad.

vCash
    Awful. You could tell the guy was trying to slow down and go for the pin against the boards. 99.99% of the time the other player holds up and nothing happens. Players could do that every game but don't.

vCash
    wow head first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Awful. You could tell the guy was trying to slow down and go for the pin against the boards. 99.99% of the time the other player holds up and nothing happens. Players could do that every game but don't.
    agreed, the hit doesn't seem all that dirty. It doesn't look like he was intentionally trying to plaster his head into the boards. Nothing more than a boarding minor imo (which I personally think Boarding should always be a double minor at minimum.). Poor guy. Both of their lives are ruined. 1 for obvious reasons, and the other because he did it to him.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    agreed, the hit doesn't seem all that dirty. It doesn't look like he was intentionally trying to plaster his head into the boards. Nothing more than a boarding minor imo (which I personally think Boarding should always be a double minor at minimum.). Poor guy. Both of their lives are ruined. 1 for obvious reasons, and the other because he did it to him.
    Are you ****ing kidding me?

Doesn't seem all that dirty? Did you play hockey or just watch it?
    Never ever do a cowardly hit like that to someone, especially on such an innocent play. A ****ing dump in ruined that guy's life because the dude bumped him from behind. When you get knocked from behind while on skates pursuing a puck like that it isn't easy to keep your balance. That is why 99.99% of players will hold up on a play like that, like it was said.

vCash
    This type of BS still even happens in men's league where I live. No contact league where guys don't even wear shoulder pads and some guys just take it to the extreme. There's just no respect or very little and there becomes less year after year in every league from top to very bottom.