Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Houston Texans Front Office Discussion Thread

TaylorMays offered the idea of starting a draft talk thread (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...8&postcount=30) and I figured we could fit it under here along with all other discussion that has to do with free agents, cuts, etc.

vCash
    First off, I think at the quarter mark of the season, Glover Quin is the most important Texans free agent going into the off season, not Barwin like we all thought before the season. I'm pretty disappointed with Barwin's play but damn, I can't think of another Safety tandem playing better than Quin and Manning right now!

vCash
    Yeah my feeling all along was that the Mercilus pick was insurance in case Barwin leaves in FA. Quin should be kept here and it still seems like he's under the radar so maybe his pricetag won't be too high.

As far as the draft goes, it'll be a fun NCAA season keeping my eye out for guys we might want to take a look at. I'm thinking maybe O-line at this point even though we got a few last offseason. But most likely Butler will be gone since he can't stay healthy and he lost the lob to Newton anyway. And now it seems Koobs isn't totally sold on Caldwell either. Newton's play by the end of the season will determine a lot, but at this point I'd say go RG or maybe RT in the first round.

vCash
    I would go defense in the first round unless there was an outstanding lineman there.

vCash
    To me, I've like what I've seen from ben jones and I think to me RT is the #1 priority going into the draft IMO. Resign Quin. He's underrated by the league and safeties don't take too much money. I think this has actually been great for us with barwin. He's lowering his price every week, yet we aren't hurting for it. Hopefully we can keep both, but Quin>barwin at this point
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    What's wrong with Newton?

vCash
    Looking at the early mock drafts, the tackles from a&m or the guards and tackle from Alabama seem to be going in the late first in some drafts and I'd take any of them just cuz of talent. The Georgia nt is there too and idk alot about defense in football and especially our defense but our nt spot seems weak to me. In terms of pure talent I like Alex okafor from UT alot. He has so much potential imo. Another thing is I'm already rooting for the colts and jaguars to stay away from top 5 picks. If luck can't get a defense and the jaguars cant get a qb they cant hurt us

vCash
    I would like to see Brandon Brooks make a transition from Guard to Tackle if Ben Jones is going to take over at RG. My point being I'd like to see how Brooks transitions before we completely sell out on another franchise tackle. I would love either tackle from A&M they may go high first by the end of the season if they keep up their domination. Most likely looking at more pass rush depth, especially if Barwin keeps up his disappointing season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Looking at the early mock drafts, the tackles from a&m or the guards and tackle from Alabama seem to be going in the late first in some drafts and I'd take any of them just cuz of talent. The Georgia nt is there too and idk alot about defense in football and especially our defense but our nt spot seems weak to me. In terms of pure talent I like Alex okafor from UT alot. He has so much potential imo. Another thing is I'm already rooting for the colts and jaguars to stay away from top 5 picks. If luck can't get a defense and the jaguars cant get a qb they cant hurt us
    okafor is a stud, but hes a classic 4-3 end, not a NT at all. but seeing them every week, i still like jackson jeffcoat more
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    I know he isnt a nt. I just figured he could play 3-4 de and thought the other guy would be long gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    I know he isnt a nt. I just figured he could play 3-4 de and thought the other guy would be long gone
    hmmm. i think you're right that he would be much better suited for 3-4 end than jeffcoat would. i think jeffcoat would be a much better 3-4 OLB in this D. regardless i expect both to be gone to 4-3 D teams by the time we pick

vCash
    I would take a RT in the 1st, ILB in the 2nd, OLB in the 3rd
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    i can agree with this. although it'll be interesting to see how sharpton recovers. any news on how he's doing?

vCash
    Not sure on Sharpton but if I remember correctly, he did pretty good last year when he wasn't hurt and would be enough to make me think ILB can wait. On the other hand, when you look at our weaknesses right now, I'd say it's at RT, WR (we have 3 young guys so I doubt we draft one early), NT and maybe a CB or ILB and none of them are significant so if some uber talented guy like Marcus Lattimore or Robert Woods is there I'd also consider it. If we get Barwin resigned I dont really think OLB is a very big need for us

vCash
    Knowing things I would be thinking BPA for the Texans in the 1st its clear even though we see a few spots worth improving Smith and the front office will not reach on players anymore if it so happens the best player available is at a spot we have a hole at then its just gravy

Chris Bosh signing for the max will do this to Rockets fans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast