Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mike Sciosca should be fired.

Still holding out a bleak hope to sneak in, but at this point we need a miracle to make it into the playoffs. There is no excuse for this talented roster not to make the postseason, especially when clubs like the O's and A's (Nothing against them they were brilliantly managed and outperformed their expectations). Back to my point when you have a possible Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, MVP, Pujols having another productive year, Hunter having a career year, Greinke being possibly the best pitcher in second half. All of those factors should add up to a playoff berth. But time and time again Sciosca has made mind boggling move after mind boggling move. Whether it be pulling pitchers in the 5th,6th innings with anywhere from 75-90 pitches in order to go to a bullpen that has been shotty at best. I have seen countless bad moves being made and I still don't hear any rumblings of Sciosca being on the hot seat. Time to sound off Halo fans as IMO this has been one of the most disappointing seasons in recent memory.

vCash
    This is not the time to change the team. Best team in baseball right now. Just fell into too big of a hole early.

vCash
    Change the team? And I have never heard of the best team in baseball not making playoffs. Changing the leader is all I'm saying. With high caliber managers out there (Francona, La Russa) no time is better. We should be threatening for a World Series not at home watching it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney2424 View Post
    Change the team? And I have never heard of the best team in baseball not making playoffs. Changing the leader is all I'm saying. With high caliber managers out there (Francona, La Russa) no time is better. We should be threatening for a World Series not at home watching it.
    They are the best team in baseball right now. Not the whole season.

vCash
    Refuse to let him out of his contract, but fire Mike Butcher.

Make him hurt.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Refuse to let him out of his contract, but fire Mike Butcher.

Make him hurt.
    why punish butcher? and we can't force him to stay in the contract, he has an opt out next year. what are we going to do point a gun to his head and make him pick up the option?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    why punish butcher? and we can't force him to stay in the contract, he has an opt out next year. what are we going to do point a gun to his head and make him pick up the option?
    "Hi, I'm a joke. I don't feel like we've met before."
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I blame Vladdy, no not myself . We havent made the playoffs since he left.

He was on the Rangers they made the playoffs
    He was on the Orioles they made the playoffs
    He was on the Dunedin Blue Jays they made the playoffs

Coincidence? I think not
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I blame Vladdy, no not myself . We havent made the playoffs since he left.

He was on the Rangers they made the playoffs
    He was on the Orioles they made the playoffs
    He was on the Dunedin Blue Jays they made the playoffs

Coincidence? I think not
    Don't forget he Expos, they made the playoffs

vCash
    amazing how someone never even posts here shows up at the end.

our pitching coach should go....

hey am i looking at this right? if tampa sweeps baltimore and yanks win the 1 game(i guess 1 game got postponed)

then we can catch them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post

hey am i looking at this right? if tampa sweeps baltimore and yanks win the 1 game(i guess 1 game got postponed)

then we can catch them?
    If we had won last night then yeah. It's my understanding that if we sweep SEA and OAK gets swept, than us and OAK would have a one game playoff, and that is our only chance.

vCash
    The failure of our season is due to players playing below their capabilities, not mismanagement. Could Scioscia have played Bourjos more? Yes. Could he have managed the bullpen a little better? Sure, but that bullpen was destined to fail. Do either of those account for a dismal April or August? Absolutely not. What this season ultimately comes down to is the struggles of Albert, Haren, Santana, and the bullpen. Two of those players most likely won't be back with us next year, I doubt Pujols will struggle next year as much as he did this year, and I'm sure the bullpen is the top priority for Dipo this off-season (after re-signing Greinke).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    The failure of our season is due to players playing below their capabilities, not mismanagement. Could Scioscia have played Bourjos more? Yes. Could he have managed the bullpen a little better? Sure, but that bullpen was destined to fail. Do either of those account for a dismal April or August? Absolutely not. What this season ultimately comes down to is the struggles of Albert, Haren, Santana, and the bullpen. Two of those players most likely won't be back with us next year, I doubt Pujols will struggle next year as much as he did this year, and I'm sure the bullpen is the top priority for Dipo this off-season (after re-signing Greinke).
    ^^^
    Avatar will not change until the Angels reach .500
    thanks to popo85 for sig

vCash
    Scoscia should be replaced, which is a move I have been calling for the past four seasons now. Some may disagree, but replacing one person is much easier than replacing 25 people. Not for the sheer fact of making a move, but because it is a bit overdue and needed. Scioscia isn't a bad manager; he just isn't a good fit for the Angels anymore. Micromanagement hurt us all season, and this is the end result. There is neither an excuse nor reason why this team shouldn't make the postseason. This team was built to win now. There a quite a bit of question marks come the official end of the season, so we'll see what happens. I know Arte has made it very clear that Scioscia will return next season, but what length will his chain be before either Dipoto or Arte yank on it to make a move for a new manager? The bullpen also needs some housekeeping. Despite the high hopes of an extra inning season turning into a long offseason (again), I still love this team. I hope Arte/Dipoto figure out the bullpen and manager/management issues...
    Last edited by RaiderNation24; 10-02-2012 at 03:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Scoscia should be replaced, which is a move I have been calling for the past four seasons now. Some may disagree, but replacing one person is much easier than replacing 25 people. Not for the sheer fact of making a move, but because it is a bit overdue and needed. Scioscia isn't a bad manager; he just isn't a good fit for the Angels anymore. Micromanagement hurt us all season, and this is the end result. There is neither an excuse nor reason why this team shouldn't make the postseason. This team was built to win now. There a quite a bit of question marks come the official end of the season, so we'll see what happens. I know Arte has made it very clear that Scioscia will return next season, but what length will his chain be before either Dipoto or Arte yank on it to make a move for a new manager? The bullpen also needs some housekeeping. Despite the high hopes of an extra inning season turning into a long offseason (again), I still love this team. I hope Arte/Dipoto figure out the bullpen and manager/management issues...
    Wait, you were calling for it in 2009? When we were in first place of the division and went to the ALCS?

Also, I said this in another thread, but if you take out the entire month of April, a month in which Aybar, Pujols, Santana, Kendrick, Callaspo/Izturis, and the entire bullpen struggled, we would be in first place now two up in the loss column. How is it Scioscia's fault that none of those players were producing at their expected level? If you give me a legit reason, I will stop defending Scioscia in this thread.
    Last edited by GA16Angels; 10-02-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast