Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is Pioli to blame for this mess?

Just wondering because they were talking about this on the radio today. I know everyone is blaming Cassel for the Chiefs struggles, but Pioli has kept Cassel now for four years not really looking for a true replacement. He has only gone after one other QB since getting Cassel when he could have gotten names like Manning, Wilson, Dalton, and RG3 (though the price would have been steep). Guys like Stafford, Bradford, Newton, and Luck I don't consider since the teams with the number one pick were locked onto those QBs. Also he's released Bernard Pollard, Jared Gaither, Le'Ron McClain, DeMarrio Williams, Jackie Battle, and Brandon Carr without finding replacements that are better than those guys other than Berry for Pollard. Just wondering if he is more to blame for the Chiefs struggles than Cassel. And also, do you think if we miss the playoffs that he will get fired?

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Pioli is greatly to blame.

1. Cassel getting a payday before playing a single game

2. Cassel remaining the starter for 4 years (way too long)

3. Pioli more concerned with doing things the "Pats way" and worrying about his reputation than actually getting his head out of his *** and fixing mistakes. Firing Haley (although I wasn't a fan) was just his way of deflecting blame...

4. Hiring Crennel who is a proven unsuccessful head coach and is clearly in way over his head. Great players guy, great DC, not a good head coach...

These are just a few things that Pioli has done to trainwreck this team. There are plenty more.

vCash
    I think the coaches another good example. I was never a fan of Haley and though at the time I thought Crennel was a good hire, now he looks like a joke of a head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I think the coaches another good example. I was never a fan of Haley and though at the time I thought Crennel was a good hire, now he looks like a joke of a head coach.
    yea he's just not a HC. Nothing wrong with that, you just gotta know who you are. He's a quality DC, but overwhelmed as a HC, especially since he's a HC still handling DC duties also...

vCash
    Plus, have you ever seen a HC other than Crennel be both HC and DC. I know there have been HCs and OCs, but not HCs and DCs.

vCash
    You forgot to mention he traded Tony Gonzalez for a 2nd. He is a guy that you never trade away you keep them at all cost cause they are what is good about a franchise. Since

vCash
    I agree, but at the time it made sense. This team was a mess and not going anywhere. Why keep him here if we had no hope. I'm glad to see Tony on a winning and I'm hoping Atlanta goes all the way just for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I agree, but at the time it made sense. This team was a mess and not going anywhere. Why keep him here if we had no hope. I'm glad to see Tony on a winning and I'm hoping Atlanta goes all the way just for him.
    This. I think we did that out of appreciation for Tony. We granted his wish to be on a contending team rather than being a part of a rebuild (and a train wreck) so late in his career after all he'd done for us.

vCash
    It's like the Colts with Peyton. The Colts are rebuilding and keeping Peyton would be a waste of a roster spot.

vCash
    Yes Pioli is to blame. Our starting QB will never be more than average. Used to defend him Constantly. But can't anymore fed up with him. Love Crennel as a DC, but horrible head coach. This team has talent but no real leader to take them anywhere. That falls on Pioli for not finding the Coach or QB to do that.
    Last edited by OutlawChief; 10-06-2012 at 07:48 AM.

vCash
    And plus, Pioli has had time, 4 years to be exact.

vCash
    YES! Pioli has done some good things, but YES! this is his fault. Not just the 4 years to replace him, but the high *** contract? Giving up a 2nd when NO other NFL team offered higher than a 4th? Not signing Bowe this year? letting McClain go?
    And what we did we get for Tony G? Who did he draft with that 2nd? I'm sure it wasnt a future HOF tight end.
    Actually, what has Pioli done? I think about it now and I can't think of anything he has done.
    Our core players were drafted by Peterson(who I loved)
    Hali, Bowe, Charles, DJ, Flowers.

vCash
    The only thing is that if Pioli is fired. Then we have to go through another 3 year rebuilding project.

vCash
    Pioli has had some to do with it but he has done some very positive things for KC also. He has done a fairly good job at finding talent through the draft. But has made mistakes and he can't cut ties with those mistakes. Cassel being. He biggest one for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawChief View Post
    Yes Pioli is to blame. Our starting QB will never be more than average. Used to defend him Constantly. But can't anymore fed up with him. Love Crennel as a DC, but horrible head coach. This team has talent but no real leader to take them anywhere. That falls on Pioli for not finding the Coach or QB to do that.
    This. I feel so bad for him, but he's in over his head. Also, he did himself no favors by not hiring a defensive coordinator.

I called in and talked to Danny Parkins today and pretty much said the same thing. I also defended yesterday's game plan, it was brilliant. Here is why: the gameplan had a purpose. Display how atrocious Cassel is. Display to who you ask? Pioli, I'm convinced that Pioli is forcing Cassel on the coaching staff. That's why I think we had a gameplan without a qb yesterday. It demonstrated a great run game, a more than capable defense (when given some rest and not put in terrible situations), and it showed our glaring weakness. He couldn't even manage the game and capitalize on a gift wrapped win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast