Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Positives

vCash
    Drew Brees is only 5 touchdowns behind John Elway (300) on the all times touchdowns list. With luck, he'll pass Elway during the Broncos game (though I'd be totally fine if Drew threw 6 touchdowns against Tampa)

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Wow, Brees is nearing in on 300. That's incredible. He'll probably finish with over 400 (not as elite of a number as it used to be, but still).

Best defenders are in the stands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Wow, Brees is nearing in on 300. That's incredible. He'll probably finish with over 400 (not as elite of a number as it used to be, but still).
    Yea I feel like Brett Farve was the last of the old skool QBs. We are truly now in a modern era of Football QBs and WRs have it made out there. The rules are in their favor. And the NFL thinks they are making more superstars by placing the rules in the favor of these positions. I just think more and more they are destroying the integrity of the game. I mean its very foundation what it is all about. With Goodell leading the NFL possibly for the next 15 - 20 years NFL football will decline in popularity the way we are going. Instead of old skool man on man test of power. More and more players are looking for the easy play diving at knees doing dumb stuff leading to more silly injuries like the one to Brian Cushing the other night. I don't know man I love Football though. And to tie this in to a positive for my Saints somehow the whole bounty thing may have been a somewhat of wake up call to the league to start watching more closely how the game is actually played in general. And in doing so the Saints may be the reason that the game is changed for the better if the right decisions are made on how the game should be played safely but keep its physical nature that we love. Talk about positives the Saints may be the scapegoats that brought to light serious injury problems thats been plagueing the league for a long time but also that we may need to scale back on some of the stupid rules at the same time.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Drew Brees is only 5 touchdowns behind John Elway (300) on the all times touchdowns list. With luck, he'll pass Elway during the Broncos game (though I'd be totally fine if Drew threw 6 touchdowns against Tampa)
    Well he did exactly that, unfortunately we needed him to get to 305 to have a chance to win the game.

2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

vCash
    Hmm.. Positives after the Broncos game...

Saints defense only allowed 34 points

Saints offense scored twice

The run game is getting .2 yards more per carry

I'm not as pissed off as I thought I'd be watching my favorite team look like absolute **** week after week.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    We only have 5 losses, Wild card teams have 3. So it really isnt that large of a gap, we have a long way to go but there is a lot of football let to be played, stranger things have happened. If we do somehow get into the playoffs we will have to be one of the hottest teams in the league. I want playoffs or 2-14, no 7-9 or 8-8 crap

2012 Stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    We only have 5 losses, Wild card teams have 3. So it really isnt that large of a gap, we have a long way to go but there is a lot of football let to be played, stranger things have happened. If we do somehow get into the playoffs we will have to be one of the hottest teams in the league. I want playoffs or 2-14, no 7-9 or 8-8 crap
    7-9 is rapidly approaching best case scenario as far as wins and losses

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Well if you guys do one of those If the season ended today scenarios.

Obviously we would be almost last in playoff seeding for the NFC, but as General stated Wild Cards teams have 3 losses and one of the current WC teams is Minnesota Vikings.

I expect that spot to become up for grabs as I expect the Vikings to start losing over the next few games.

I see ATL and Bears taking the top two seeds and that can even change.

But if we say GB will make it and SF will make it and Giants.

Then it leaves that one spot Minnesota has currently up for grabs for anyone.

So if we start thinking who has legit chance to get the Vikings' spot.

Philly, Dallas, Saints, Lions, Seahawks, I think will fight for that spot.

TB lost two starting OGs I think they are done.

Arizona QB sucks. Redskins I just dont believe in. CAR is shopping players they're finito I think this season. Rams NO.

We got a shot to squeeze in. Maybe 9 wins does it?

10 wins I think for sure gets that last WC spot.

NFL this year = Parity
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    So if we start thinking who has legit chance to get the Vikings' spot.

Philly, Dallas, Saints, Lions, Seahawks, I think will fight for that spot.
    That is what I've been thinking. It makes Philly and Dallas games must wins, and the fact that we lost 2 AFC games actually helps with tiebreakers. It's a long ways away but the season is far from over. Just need get some momentum and confidence and no better way to do it than on Monday night in the dome.

2012 Stats

vCash
    2012 Positive update

Oh 12 we got run game

Cam Jordan

Lofton

Corey White manned up over the shoulder INT the kid's getting comfy out there is he a Rookie......oh yea potential next year PRob White JPatrick ... the young bucks
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Hope White's ok. He limped out of the game Sunday.

vCash
    Saints are exploiting their opponents' tendencies very well lately. That shows great preparation and game-planning.

The 'basics' are becoming more consistent

STILL getting better week to week.

Better use of our personnel via aggressive play calling on the defensive side.

Playing very PHYSICAL in all three areas
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Saints got some props for beating ATL

FOX Power Rankings 13th
    ESPN 16th
    NFL 16th

From NFL.com

"Right when you write off the New Orleans Saints, they smack you upside the head. Beating the 8-0 Falcons on the strength of their defense was shocking. Did some folks predict a Saints upset in the Superdome? Sure. But most thought Drew Brees would have to bludgeon the Falcons' secondary for that to happen. That didn't really happen, although Brees had a good game. The two big sequences were a goal-line stand by Steve Spagnuolo's defense and a scintillating 56-yard touchdown run by Chris Ivory. New Orleans won three weeks ago with a big goal-line stop in Tampa Bay. A timely defense is often as effective as a dominant defense."
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    One of the few positives about the defense is that they can get stingy at the goal line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    One of the few positives about the defense is that they can get stingy at the goal line.
    FO FO
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast