Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash

The Bargnani Complex. Wins V.s Losses

Read a stat in SI today that shows just how crucial Andrea is to us winning.. but i feel also shows that he may have some psychological factors that could prove costly..

Last year in WINS Andrea Averaged 24.1 ppg and shot almost 47% he also rebounded better.

however in losses he averaged mealy 16.1 ppg and shot only 40.3 % ...

That was not only the largest scoring gap in wins and losses for any player last year but one of the worst in history.. we all know when Andrea is on he is on.. but this shows a telling story.. its hard to win when he isnt on. and when he is it is hard to beat us..

I wonder if it's a mental thing because that is a massive gap in production. . maybe he gets down on himself who knows but something has to be done or someone has to work on his mental game because if he can play better when were down we may tough to beat.. thoughts?
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    well the sample size is pretty small for this since he played in what, 30 games last year?

It's pretty known now that Bargnani is one of those volume scorers where if he's hot, he's really hot, and if he's cold then, when it rains, it pours...

Kinda like Brandon Jennings, Jamal Crawford, Monta Ellis, etc...

vCash
    I feel like last year 'Drea was Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde... first half of the season (when he played), he was pretty consistently on (and hence the early forecast/outlook seemed really good for the raptors), and the second half of the season (after coming back from calf injuries) he was trying to get back into a groove/shape and it just never worked really. Stats have little context to them, so I always take them with a grain of salt.

Whenever players get hurt, I am always curious as to what the physicians allow them to do. Like if a guy hurt his knee, he really can't run, so how does he stay in shape? It would be cool to read an article from alex mckechnie on that note.

vCash
    those numbers should be taken with a grain of salt considering their size and his health last year. the bigger concern for me has always been that when he isn't really involved in the offense his effort on the other end is noticeably worse. that's been going on forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    true it was a small sample size.. but it was still one of the worst margins in history.. thats still something shocking and a little scary.. i think its enough to show that he is in a far different state of mind when he is on or off.. so are most players true but it seems with Andrea it might be more serious

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    more offensive options this year so that should help things.

secondly, i think when he came back from injury the 2nd time, the season was all but gone so i could see effort level took a little dip. he was probably fearful of re-injuring the calf again for no reason.

but this preseason has shown bargs to be putting in defensive effort despite his offense. and hopefully casey will limit his minutes a bit and not push him 38 + 44 min in a back to back coming back from injury

vCash
    Bargnani was terrible for 2 weeks post injury, once the Allstar game came & went he displayed lest interest & effort in a tank season.

We all know Bargnani is flawed, so IMO the key to his offensive impact is in his rebounding & defensive compensation.

Lowry, Valanciunas are massive upgrades at important positions, while most the rotation are also above average rebounders.

If Bargnani fails in this setting there is no more excuses. At least not from me.

vCash
    I think the addition of lowry and maybe the emergence of derozan should help take some pressure off of bargs.

bosh was a better all around player then bargs and he never took us very far. the 3 playoff apearances to me were very meh. this team can not really rely on any one player to carry them.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-27-2012 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think the addition of lowry and maybe the emergence of derozan should help take some pressure off of bargs.

bosh was a better all around player then bargs and he never took us very far. the 3 playoff apearances to me were very meh. this team can not really rely on any one player to carry them.
    This preason they played as a team. Let's hope this continues into regular season.

vCash

i never said he would carry us.. but its a pretty solid fact that when a teams best player doesnt play well it usually isnt good.. escpecially if when they dont play well. they actually play awful .. im saying if hes one of those players who get really down on themselves thats something can be worked on.. and he wouldnt have nearly as many terrible games..

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    Well, considering the lack of training camp he had maybe he wasn't physically prepared for those back-to-back-to-back game situations, hence his injuries. Also, given he was the #1 draft pick in 2006, he has a lot of things people expect him to live up to so, ya he probably does have a lot of stress factors for him. However, now with Lowry, DeRozan, and soon Val to help him out, it should pan out nicely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    i never said he would carry us.. but its a pretty solid fact that when a teams best player doesnt play well it usually isnt good.. escpecially if when they dont play well. they actually play awful .. im saying if hes one of those players who get really down on themselves thats something can be worked on.. and he wouldnt have nearly as many terrible games..
    what your saying is true. im not disputing that. but i really think lowry is our best over all player on two ends of the court now. thats why im saying with his addition it should take some pressure off of bargs.

vCash
    what your saying is true. im not disputing that. but i really think lowry is our best over all player on two ends of the court now. thats why im saying with his addition it should take some pressure off of bargs.
    as a 2 way player maybe.. but Bargs is till our best offensive player.. i feel that way anyway.. and if he has good games.. it usually results in a W .. thats the important stat for me.. so yes im hoping that alot of pressure will be taken off him too

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    credit to skinny but from now on, when my boy hit's a 3, it's...

OPPAN BARGNAM STYLE!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    well the sample size is pretty small for this since he played in what, 30 games last year?

It's pretty known now that Bargnani is one of those volume scorers where if he's hot, he's really hot, and if he's cold then, when it rains, it pours...

Kinda like Brandon Jennings, Jamal Crawford, Monta Ellis, etc...
    i like the monta ellis comparison

which is why i dont want any of those 3 players you mentioned because we already got a volume shooter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast