Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1073
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    You missed the point? Woah. Point is the Jays dont have much money to spend as people think they do.
    And the point has absolutely no evidence to support it.

vCash
    You missed the point? Woah. Point is the Jays dont have much money to spend as people think they do.
    Do you have a link or source for the payroll parimeters for 2013? Or any other type of proof to say that others are wrong?

vCash
    Until AA or Beeston tells us what the ceiling is on the payroll this year, and tell the truth, nobody really has a clue how much we have to spend. Hell for all we know they could have 100+m to spend.
    But sadly I would expect thats part of the "cone of silence" so we can only guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    And the point has absolutely no evidence to support it.
    Only sensibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Do you have a link or source for the payroll parimeters for 2013? Or any other type of proof to say that others are wrong?
    Davidi laid it out. I refuse to believe the Jays are going to increase the budget by 30% to push the team over 100m+. Makes no economic sense. This team was 23rd out of 30 in attendance and as Rogers has shown, balancing the books is important. There's always that phantom money 'for the right player' though. For whatever thats worth..

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    BLUE JAYS CHATS!. #Bluejays on EFnet. 31 active users.

vCash
    Only sensibility.
    Which isn't evidence.

That's like saying "I have a good feeling" = something true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Which isn't evidence.

That's like saying "I have a good feeling" = something true
    No, that's not like saying that at all. What it is, is Davidi's educated guess.

A very educated guess at that

vCash
    Would you guys be interested in Dickey?

How does a package of D'Arnaud and Gose/Rasmus sound? Maybe JPA, Marisnick, and another prospect would be good too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

How does a package of D'Arnaud and Gose/Rasmus sound? Maybe JPA, Marisnick, and another prospect would be good too.
    I really, really doubt TDA gets traded for a 38yr old pitcher, I dont care how good he was.

JPA you can have, i'll pack him myself.

vCash
    Way too much, the Jays are not giving up their top prospect plus an MLB CF for a 38 year old knuckle ball pitcher who isn't signed beyond this year ( no matter how awesome he was this season). I would love to see Dickey in Toronto but not at the price I think the Mets would command. The timing isn't right for Toronto on this one unfortunately.

vCash
    Only sensibility.

Davidi laid it out. I refuse to believe the Jays are going to increase the budget by 30% to push the team over 100m+. Makes no economic sense. This team was 23rd out of 30 in attendance and as Rogers has shown, balancing the books is important. There's always that phantom money 'for the right player' though. For whatever thats worth..

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Davidi did lay it out and said that he had no idea what the parameters were. I suggest you go back and read it carefully. He use $100m as a figure to keep it easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

You're high... Why on earth would the Jays trade the best catching prospect in baseball for a 38 year old knuckleballer with one good year (abeit, a fantastic one).

I'd absolutely trade for Dickey but D'Arnaud is untouchable unless we're talking about someone like King Felix. I'd consider trading JPA for him + a lesser prospect, sign him to a 3 year deal with an option incase he's still throwing it a la Wakefield and hope it works out. No clue how he'd do in the AL East? Though given his numbers last year I suspect he'd not have any problems.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

vCash
    Only tosser TDA (plus Rasmus & ptbnl) gets traded for is Matt Harvey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Davidi did lay it out and said that he had no idea what the parameters were. I suggest you go back and read it carefully. He use $100m as a figure to keep it easy.
    I obviously understood the article a **** of a lot better than you did.

vCash
    I obviously understood the article a **** of a lot better than you did.
    Hardly, and I'm not the only one to call you on talking bs, check the top of the page.

vCash
    I would trade JPA and Marisnick in a package for Dickey in a heartbeat but doubt the mets are interested

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast