Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have a feeling Tyler Bray is going to be a better player at the next level than Geno Smith

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    I have a feeling Tyler Bray is going to be a better player at the next level than Geno Smith
    Based on what exactly?

Smith is the better athlete and he's more accurate as a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Based on what exactly?

Smith is the better athlete and he's more accurate as a QB.
    Geno Smith just looks too good to be true

vCash
    I feel like I'm the only one not sold on Geno Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I'm not sold on him either

vCash
    You don't have to be sold on Geno Smith, nearly the rest of the football world is.

But to say Bray is going to be better pro?

That is most likely not gonna' happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    I know you said it's a feeling, but I would really like to know based on what? If you have really watched both QB's play, you would realize your statement is Preposterous!

vCash
    Ah, "calling all cars, calling all cars," or "One adam 12, one adam 12, see the QB that will count $12.85 million against the cap next year."

You're all probably too young to remember those cops shows - BUT -

For everyone that is picking a QB in the 1st round, and giving all sorts of assets to get one - WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH MARK SANCHEZ - who is non-dumpable, and WILL make almost $13 million next year - and there's no way to get rid of that (does anyone really think that someone will take him off our hands if he craps out this year? Anyone? Anyone?). That is almost 1/13th of our cap space.

Even if the heavens smile on US (assuming this year goes as badly as you all think it will, which I'm not ready to give-up on), and we get a top flight GM - and I'm not that sold on Bill Polian, and/or Bill Cowher (who would NEVER do it) as a HC - even they can't rid themselves of Mark Sanchez, or his cap hit.

I know it's fun to talk about 2013 - particularly when most of us have jumped on "The Jets are totally F...ed, er...Flawed this year bandwagon," not me, not yet - I have seen worse, and seen good things happen - but I understand it.

If you want to talk realistically - then talk about getting some offensive weapons that will either absolutely show that it is ALL SANCHEZ'S FAULT (that is if he doesn't surprise everyone, and actually play some decent QB this year), and/or get ready for the next QB to succeed in 2014.

RB, WR, Pass rusher, CB, O-line, LB - to me - unless Sanchez's will is broken (and I'm sure many are going to help contribute, and relish it happening - and even so - HE'S STILL GOING TO COST ALMOST $13 Million), the quickest way to help rebuild this team is to add THOSE positions.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Right there with you. Who shops at West Virginia University for a QB?

I still say interior OL and at least one strong OLB/pass rushing prospect are higher priorities than QB, though obviously the search for QB continues. I'm looking at 3 G prospects...Cooper, Fredericks, and Warmack...and then there's a solid pool of OLB prospects with Jarvis Jones as the obvious top dog.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 10-06-2012 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

I still say interior OL and at least one strong OLB/pass rushing prospect are higher priorities than QB, though obviously the search for QB continues. I'm looking at 3 G prospects...Cooper, Fredericks, and Warmack...and then there's a solid pool of OLB prospects with Jarvis Jones as the obvious top dog.
    Jones would be my ultimate wish for our 1st round pick this year. But We won't be good enough to get him.

Barkevious Mingo is more likely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

Who shops at Auburn for a QB? Where'd Cam Newton come from? Would you want him as your QB?

Who shops at Virginia Tech for a QB? Michael Vick > Sanchez.

Who shops at Delaware for a QB? Flacco > Sanchez.

Who shops at Baylor for a QB? RGIII.

It doesn't matter where you get the player from, as long as they can play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Ah, "calling all cars, calling all cars," or "One adam 12, one adam 12, see the QB that will count $12.85 million against the cap next year."

You're all probably too young to remember those cops shows - BUT -

For everyone that is picking a QB in the 1st round, and giving all sorts of assets to get one - WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH MARK SANCHEZ - who is non-dumpable, and WILL make almost $13 million next year - and there's no way to get rid of that (does anyone really think that someone will take him off our hands if he craps out this year? Anyone? Anyone?). That is almost 1/13th of our cap space.

Even if the heavens smile on US (assuming this year goes as badly as you all think it will, which I'm not ready to give-up on), and we get a top flight GM - and I'm not that sold on Bill Polian, and/or Bill Cowher (who would NEVER do it) as a HC - even they can't rid themselves of Mark Sanchez, or his cap hit.

I know it's fun to talk about 2013 - particularly when most of us have jumped on "The Jets are totally F...ed, er...Flawed this year bandwagon," not me, not yet - I have seen worse, and seen good things happen - but I understand it.

If you want to talk realistically - then talk about getting some offensive weapons that will either absolutely show that it is ALL SANCHEZ'S FAULT (that is if he doesn't surprise everyone, and actually play some decent QB this year), and/or get ready for the next QB to succeed in 2014.

RB, WR, Pass rusher, CB, O-line, LB - to me - unless Sanchez's will is broken (and I'm sure many are going to help contribute, and relish it happening - and even so - HE'S STILL GOING TO COST ALMOST $13 Million), the quickest way to help rebuild this team is to add THOSE positions.

GO JETS!!!
    If the Jets are picking very early in the draft, and Smith is within their reach, I believe there is no way the Jets let that opportunity pass.
    The key being if it's within their reach.

The Jets WILL most likely carry only 1 of Sanchez or Tebow next year, because Tebow's contract goes up to either $4M or $5M after this year. I know Sanchez's contract hurts but with Pace, Scott, BThomas and possibly Holmes (the Jets save $3M by releasing him) coming off the books, the Jets may be able to assume Sanchez contract.

And if Tebow should get the starter's nod at some point this year and he plays decently, then don't be surprised if Sanchez gets the unwelcomed bump.

You listed good reasons for the quickest way to rebuild, but if you don't have a QB to rebuild with, then the rebuilding process has already failed.

We don't know if Tebow is the spark of new blood the lockerroom needs, but this game against the Texans will be real telling, as for whether Sanchez still has the team or not. We'll see it in the team's attitude and disposition once the game gets underway.

One thing is for sure, if Sanchez lays another egg this week, the "United Empire of Tebow" will be another step closer to assuming control of the Offense.

And that may not be as bad as some seem to think...
    Last edited by MrX27; 10-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    I love Tyler Bray as a prospect. He's not as good as Geno Smith, statistically, at this point but I personally believe Bray has the most arm talent and upside out of any QB in the draft. He's a dick though. I wouldn't draft him early 1st. But I would as a mid-to-late 1st round prospect. His footwork needs to be a bit more consistent (he's been a lot better this year) but he's still very young (won't be 21 till late December) and has plenty of time to get better.

vCash
    Idk I just watched brief clips of both qbs but I'm not really feeling any of those to.. I didn't see the accuracy I want out of our next qb...
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Who shops at Auburn for a QB? Where'd Cam Newton come from? Would you want him as your QB?

Who shops at Virginia Tech for a QB? Michael Vick > Sanchez.

Who shops at Delaware for a QB? Flacco > Sanchez.

Who shops at Baylor for a QB? RGIII.

It doesn't matter where you get the player from, as long as they can play.
    Smith is maaaaaaayyyyybbbeeeee the 5th best prospect you just named and arguably the 6th even behind Sanchez. 5th is probably where he lays for physical talent pretty easily.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast