Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Let's say we do tank the season and pick top 5 in the draft and have all our picks in rounds 1-7. Would you guys want to use them all and fill out the roster or would you want to get Geno Smith and then trade back up into the early 1st and get Keenan Allen too? Hypothetically of course

vCash
    Is monte ball coming oit this year he was suppose to be a firt round talent
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Is monte ball coming oit this year he was suppose to be a firt round talent
    He's a senior so yea he's coming out this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Whoops, I guess that will be the deciding game then, why do you say he's stupid?
    i've watched every single game manuel has played at FSU (i'm a UF alum who used to be a professional sports reporter/columnist, so naturally i follow my biggest rivals). he is an incredibly gifted athlete, no doubt, but he's shown several times that when the game's on the line and he has to use his head as well as his arm/legs, he tends to make a poor (or simply the wrong) read. he also tries to force passes into coverage a lot (although, to be fair to him, in college you can get away with that more, so it might just be him understanding the talent level he's playing against and taking a calculated risk).

i think manuel can (and likely will) be a good QB at the next level, but i'm just not confident that he'll be good enough to be taken as high as he'll likely go... and after everything we've dealt with at that position since the days of penny, if we ARE to go looking for a new QB, we need to be sure he's got the physical tools AND the mental tools (especially dealing with the unreasonable NY media and the reactionary fans).
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i've watched every single game manuel has played at FSU (i'm a UF alum who used to be a professional sports reporter/columnist, so naturally i follow my biggest rivals). he is an incredibly gifted athlete, no doubt, but he's shown several times that when the game's on the line and he has to use his head as well as his arm/legs, he tends to make a poor (or simply the wrong) read. he also tries to force passes into coverage a lot (although, to be fair to him, in college you can get away with that more, so it might just be him understanding the talent level he's playing against and taking a calculated risk).

i think manuel can (and likely will) be a good QB at the next level, but i'm just not confident that he'll be good enough to be taken as high as he'll likely go... and after everything we've dealt with at that position since the days of penny, if we ARE to go looking for a new QB, we need to be sure he's got the physical tools AND the mental tools (especially dealing with the unreasonable NY media and the reactionary fans).

So basically he is Mark Sanchez but can run and throw? Sounds like an upgrade to me!

(sarcastic venting...sorry)

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    So basically he is Mark Sanchez but can run and throw? Sounds like an upgrade to me!

(sarcastic venting...sorry)
    as scary as this may sound, i think mark has better awareness than manuel... but, yes, manuel is exponentionally more physically gifted than mark (or most QBs).
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Jarvis Jones
    Barkevious Mingo
    Marcus Lattimore

These are the 3 I would prefer in the 1st round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    as scary as this may sound, i think mark has better awareness than manuel... but, yes, manuel is exponentionally more physically gifted than mark (or most QBs).
    I respect that you've seen him more and trust your opinion, he just looked incredible in that comeback win against a really talented clemson team.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    I respect that you've seen him more and trust your opinion, he just looked incredible in that comeback win against a really talented clemson team.
    yeah, he definitely looked good in the 2nd half of that game... but clemson's D is not that great. it's their O that makes the tigers so scary.

but like i said, manuel is not some scrub QB (as much as i'd like for him to be... especially when he plays UF). i just don't think he's going to be good enough to warrant using a top pick on. same goes for tyler bray from tennessee. he's very obviously given up in certain games (namely, the UF game a few weeks ago in the 2nd half), which is never acceptable for a QB, and would probably lead to the apocalypse if he did it in NY.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Enter SEC player not from Florida here (Jarvis Jones, Chance Warmack, Barkevious Mingo, Justin Hunter, etc etc.) just to get under BJ's skin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Enter SEC player not from Florida here (Jarvis Jones, Chance Warmack, Barkevious Mingo, Justin Hunter, etc etc.) just to get under BJ's skin.
    remember when he had that all-SEC D-line... and none of them were from UF

sean ellis - UT
    d-rob - UK
    abraham - SC
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    having said that, don't sleep on matt elam (safety) or jelani lenkins (LB) from UF... those guys will be playing on sundays very soon.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Let's trade Tebow and Sanchez for Kapernick.

vCash
    I can only hope we can get QB Geno Smith in the 1st. Take WR Marquess Wilson in the 2nd. Take RB Andre Ellington in the 3rd (we need a speed back). DE/OLB Cornelius Carradine in the 4th and OT Alex Hurst in the 5th. That is my wishful and somewhat (maybe not) realistic draft board to this point.

vCash
    or Revis + Sanchez + Tebow + all other 50 players for Matt Ryan.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast