Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Lose out, draft Geno Smith, designate Rex to DC and hire Jon Gruden! Sorry guys but our season is over we need to look to the future. (note this was purely out of frustration of todays loss)
    Rex would not get demoted to DC. Only way to get Gruden is to fire Rex. Geno Smith and Barkley are both on Sanchez level.

vCash
    If we go into rebuild mode, I don't want Rex to be on the new coaching staff in any capacity. Hire Gruden as our coach next year and let him bring in whoever he wants as the OC and DC

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    I'd rather hire Jay Gruden than Jon

vCash
    I think we should go offensive line in the draft. If you look at an offense, the offensive line is where things begin. If you notice, our team has regressed as the offensive line has regressed.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Mingo, Jones, or Montgomery with our top 10 pick

Offensive line (guard) and runningback in round 2 and 3

playmaker/scatback in round 4 or 5 (sproles/leon washington type - the short fast guy who can't play every down due to being small but comes in for a spark)

vCash
    What we should look to do in the draft is go after players on the offensive side of the ball we need playmakers. We can fix our defensive woes through free agency

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    What we should look to do in the draft is go after players on the offensive side of the ball we need playmakers. We can fix our defensive woes through free agency
    but you can't fix your lack of a pass rush since John Abraham in FA. We don't have money for free agency until 2014 and this is the best pass rushing class in a long time.

On top of that. You are locked into Sanchez + Holmes contract for one more year, not to mention there are not any first round RB's this year. So where are you going to get your new round 1 playmaker on the field, unless you want to say screw Kerley's and Hill's progression for a year and draft Keenan Allen. But even if you do that, can Sanchez get him the ball anyway?

Geno Smith and Barkely are not worth taking plus they'd rot for a year behind Sanchez anyway. We need to put everything in place like we had before we drafted Sanchez. We had a defense, running game, and O-line then took what we thought would be our franchise QB. We need to rebuild the surrounding talent so we can optimize the guy we do eventually draft opposed to getting a new QB asap and letting him get killed like David Carr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    but you can't fix your lack of a pass rush since John Abraham in FA. We don't have money for free agency until 2014 and this is the best pass rushing class in a long time.

On top of that. You are locked into Sanchez + Holmes contract for one more year, not to mention there are not any first round RB's this year. So where are you going to get your new round 1 playmaker on the field, unless you want to say screw Kerley's and Hill's progression for a year and draft Keenan Allen. But even if you do that, can Sanchez get him the ball anyway?

Geno Smith and Barkely are not worth taking plus they'd rot for a year behind Sanchez anyway. We need to put everything in place like we had before we drafted Sanchez. We had a defense, running game, and O-line then took what we thought would be our franchise QB. We need to rebuild the surrounding talent so we can optimize the guy we do eventually draft opposed to getting a new QB asap and letting him get killed like David Carr.
    This is why I hate Rex Ryan as a coach he doesn't care about the offensive side of the ball because he's too much in love with the defense but it's not striking fear into the eyes of opposing offenses anymore. Start drafting offensive players then worry about the defense. Sanchez doesn't have weapons and Greene is horrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    This is why I hate Rex Ryan as a coach he doesn't care about the offensive side of the ball because he's too much in love with the defense but it's not striking fear into the eyes of opposing offenses anymore. Start drafting offensive players then worry about the defense. Sanchez doesn't have weapons and Greene is horrible
    He isn't really helping the defense either this year lol. We are 30th against the run, but that's because our linebackers run in mud. We are fine defending the run up the middle (see Pouha and Mo Wilk yesterday), but anything that gets outside the tackle we can't stop.

This is another reason to go stud Linebacker (who can pass rush and defend the run) in round 1 and maybe even again in round 2-4. You can't win if you can't stop the run and get to the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I think we should go offensive line in the draft. If you look at an offense, the offensive line is where things begin. If you notice, our team has regressed as the offensive line has regressed.
    maybe in the 3rd or 4th round but not early imo, we have mangold/d brick we need weapons to help whoever our QB is going to be and i feel we dont have enough playmakers besides kerly and hill if we ever pass to him again

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

vCash
    I would shore up the OL in free agency. I'd go playmakers in the entire draft (offense and defense).

vCash
    WalterFootball.com has us taking Mingo in the 1st round in their weekly mock draft and OT DJ Fluker from Alabama in the 2nd. In the 3rd, they have us taking Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech. I don't like either of those picks because we could address OL in free agency and taking a WR in the 3rd when we could've addressed that need in the 2nd is just bizarre to me

vCash
    I would be ecstatic if we drafted Mingo in the 1st

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I would be ecstatic if we drafted Mingo in the 1st
    As would I

vCash
    Mingo or Moore in Round 1 please ray:

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast