Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official 2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Some might say this is premature but for the college fans out there, which are some of the college prospects you'd like to see in green and white?

This way, when we lose, and people will have bright ideas regarding our needs, we can just put all that info right here in one thread.

I'll start of by saying that if we do go QB in the draft, I'd take a big look at Tyler Bray the big QB out of Tennessee.
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 10-01-2012 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    Lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Lmao
    You don't have to participate in the thread if you don't want to. College football has started and there have been a few good games. There are plenty of players that people will want for the Jets to draft over the course of the year. It adds good discussion and offers knowledge for those that don't follow the college game.

vCash
    This team is bad enough that we could probably bank on a top 5-10 pick. Lets start talkin!

I want offense. Logan Thomas at QB or a player at RT.
    twitter.com/heymangold

5. 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM
    Reason
    Insults

vCash
    Personally, I still love Bacari Rambo the safety out of Georgia. With the drug suspension, he should slip in the draft and I really hope it doesn't scare the Jets off. That's a mean safety with speed that would be great to have, especially if Bell or Landry are not brought back.

I'm not sure on the running backs I want currently (I like Leveon Bell but I can see him being too much like Shonn Greene in this offense...) but I know that is what I want out of the draft. Shonn Greene is as good as gone for me personally and I think the Jets staff will agree. You can't ground and pound with him and the Jets realized it.

vCash
    Geno Smith?

vCash
    Ej Manuel Florida State please. 6'5, cannon arm, runs a 4.55, the nfl is changing, these big strong athletic qbs are the future. This kid could win the national championship this year, the only game FSU shoulld be challenged in left on the schedule is @ Va Tech. Watch his draft stock skyrocket a la cam newton
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    As long as it is offensive players and the contribute, that is all I care about!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    You think Ryan Tannehill will be available? He looks pretty good.

#****ERS!

EDIT: I would be OK if the JETS filled their backup QB spot with a 6th or 7th rounder - maybe Mark Sanchez, QB USC...I cant see him going any earlier than that.
    Last edited by Realistik84; 10-01-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Linebacker/RB/WR/OL

And perhaps QB

If they dont go with QB, then you need to start surrounding Mark with talent. I dont mean getting a raw WR in the second round (Who I really like FYI). Try and get him some top flight offensive power. Their line played OK yesterday, and Sanchez couldnt make the throws, blame it on him, or the receivers, but a change needs to be made.

Defensively, they need some linebackers who are fast. They are good at stopping the run, but their tackling has really struggled. The DL does a good job of slowing down the run, and then RB's get extra yards due to poor tackling.

A lot depends on whether or not they keep Revis. If they trade Revis, then I think the whole team goes into a rebuild. Getting a couple of firsts for Darrelle and rebuilding the team.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    First off, Tanny needs to be gone before the Jets make any picks. Despite a couple of nice picks, his drafts have been no less than horrific. We need a Player Personnel guy at GM not a finance guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Ej Manuel Florida State please. 6'5, cannon arm, runs a 4.55, the nfl is changing, these big strong athletic qbs are the future. This kid could win the national championship this year, the only game FSU shoulld be challenged in left on the schedule is @ Va Tech. Watch his draft stock skyrocket a la cam newton
    they play #10 UF to end the season...

as for manuel, he's got all the physical tools, but his head is empty. i don't want a high-round QB that's gonna be too stupid to read defenses at the line.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    they play #10 UF to end the season...

as for manuel, he's got all the physical tools, but his head is empty. i don't want a high-round QB that's gonna be too stupid to read defenses at the line.
    Whoops, I guess that will be the deciding game then, why do you say he's stupid?
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Vino for Geno!!!! Knowing our luck he'll end up being a bust though

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I don't follow college to much at all, but the last time I wanted a player it was LeSean McCoy the 53rd pick of the 2009 draft.

What happened that year???? Oh yeah we basically traded McCoy and Josh Freeman for The best looking Qb in football today.

This Geno kid everybody is talking about looks good imo. I say a QB and a runningback would be great this year. What's running back crop looking like???

My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast