Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rivers and Norv?

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Per source, #Jets have had internal talks about hiring Norv as the OC AND trading Sanchez to SD for in a deal that will bring Rivers to NY.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Norv would be a good Offensive Coordinator if given the players. Problem is a Sanchez for Rivers trade wouldn't make sense for the Chargers. Jets also still need more offensive weapons.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    i don't know if Rivers could handle playing in the big apple..it's intriguing if true and i'd do anything to get rid of Sanchez, but i'm not so sure this happens. why would San Diego want Sanchez anyway?

vCash
    does that also mean AJ Smith would be our next GM?

vCash
    i am unequivically FOR this rumored trade/sign.

*Lets start with the lack of source*, but lets assume its legit. Norv has been deemed by many, one of the best "play callers" in the league. I have been begging for a new scheme, and bringing in Norv and Philip is a worth-the-risk trade in my opinion because of what each brings to this team. They fill gaping holes in our offense. Bring back a healthy (and sure to be happier) holmes (with rivers' skills) and healthy S.Hill with Kerley, maybe find/draft a nice TE incase we lose Dustin. Now that offense is respectable and i would think, good enoufgh with our changing defense, to give us a run at the playoffs. I think a change of scenery could be good for Rivers who has the skills and has yet to have a dominant defense behind him. So ill stop rambling, again i pray this rumor is true because its the only rumor ive seen so far that i would agree with (with all the Jets offseason problems)

vCash
    Rivers turns the ball over just as much as Sanchez.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Rivers turns the ball over just as much as Sanchez.
    Yea but he doesn't have weapons just like Sanchez. Also I don' think the Chargers line is very good. Even with the turnovers he at least makes some big plays.

I don't see why the Chargers would want Sanchez. He is from the So Cal area which maybe gets some appeal but thats about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpv88nyj View Post
    i don't know if Rivers could handle playing in the big apple..it's intriguing if true and i'd do anything to get rid of Sanchez, but i'm not so sure this happens. why would San Diego want Sanchez anyway?
    I actually think Rivers would be a good NY guy. He's fiery which the fans would like. Would def need to get him some weapons though if there is any hope of his turnovers dropping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I actually think Rivers would be a good NY guy. He's fiery which the fans would like. Would def need to get him some weapons though if there is any hope of his turnovers dropping.
    once things start going sour for him and he has to answer the stupid questions the NY media throws around to players and coaches i believe his emotions will get the best of him and make him look foolish in the #1 media market in the world. that's only my opinion. sanchez seems to handle the media with ease because to me he clearly looks like he can give two ***** ...when you're bangin celebrities and models left and right and you're getting paid big bucks to play poorly why would you take your job seriously?

vCash
    Rivers is making 12 million next year, 13.8 in 2014 and 15.7 in 2015 and Sanchez is making 8.9.

vCash
    once things start going sour for him and he has to answer the stupid questions the NY media throws around to players and coaches i believe his emotions will get the best of him and make him look foolish in the #1 media market in the world. that's only my opinion. sanchez seems to handle the media with ease because to me he clearly looks like he can give two ***** ...when you're bangin celebrities and models left and right and you're getting paid big bucks to play poorly why would you take your job seriously?
    I think you're over-looking two key things here.

1. clearly it didnt matter how "well" sanchez handled the meida because clearly his play says otherwise. when you regress so badly in your 4th YEAR!!?!?!?!... i cant even talk about him any more

2. I think less would be asked of Rivers in NY (especially in year 1/2) jsut because there is a stronger D behind him, and depending on who our first round pick is (( hopefully o-line)( IF WE GET RIVERS)) that would make our oline much better than any he had in SD and with a good D i think they would run the ball at LEAST more effectivly than in SD and that would take pressure off Rivers leading to what i believe would happen which would be a FEW less turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETty12213 View Post
    I think you're over-looking two key things here.

1. clearly it didnt matter how "well" sanchez handled the meida because clearly his play says otherwise. when you regress so badly in your 4th YEAR!!?!?!?!... i cant even talk about him any more

2. I think less would be asked of Rivers in NY (especially in year 1/2) jsut because there is a stronger D behind him, and depending on who our first round pick is (( hopefully o-line)( IF WE GET RIVERS)) that would make our oline much better than any he had in SD and with a good D i think they would run the ball at LEAST more effectivly than in SD and that would take pressure off Rivers leading to what i believe would happen which would be a FEW less turnovers.
    i thought sanchez handled the media excellently for how atrocious his game was. it's just my opinion, just like your opinion is that you don't think Rivers will turn the ball over as much. and why do you think less would be asked of Rivers? i think more will be asked of him, i like powell but shonn greene isn't a good back in my eyes..rivers had a better run game in san diego so i believe he'd probably have to throw the ball more in NY

vCash
    My pipe dream was Rivers. I also wanted Norv since the idea of him getting fired became a reality.

I dont see this being pulled off...even if it is true it is being talked about things like this are not easy to execute.

I would take it in a heart beat.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    i thought sanchez handled the media excellently for how atrocious his game was. it's just my opinion, just like your opinion is that you don't think Rivers will turn the ball over as much. and why do you think less would be asked of Rivers? i think more will be asked of him, i like powell but shonn greene isn't a good back in my eyes..rivers had a better run game in san diego so i believe he'd probably have to throw the ball more in NY
    No i definietly agree, i was amazed how well sanchez kept it together, but he played sooo poorly its gotta be a mute point. and its possible im wrong and Rivers is asked more, but who knows, i would like to think the Jets will address the RB position in some fashion this year, so who knows,

We can talk about what talent (greene/ powell) you like, but stats are stats. And i know its a different scheme but, this past year.

NYJ 12th RushO- 118 yds/gm
    SD 27th RushO- 91 yds/gm

first and foremost, none of this happens till we get a GM in here. Hope it doesnt drag out, we need people working on a plan to fix this team ASAP
    Last edited by JETty12213; 01-02-2013 at 10:12 AM.

vCash
    This would be awesome. Rivers is a great talent, and could be perfect here in NY

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast