Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    plus a lot of players hit better at home anyways, so i dont think the splits are dramatic enough to say that he was only good because of coors
    There's no question he hit better because he played at Coors though.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    plus a lot of players hit better at home anyways, so i dont think the splits are dramatic enough to say that he was only good because of coors
    True. But he got help from Coors

vCash
    Should he? I believe so. But doubt he does.

vCash
    We won't see it again until Jeter or mo retire.

vCash
    Coors is on another level though. The numbers for a good chunk of their hitters are bloated from playing there, there's no doubt about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Coors is on another level though. The numbers for a good chunk of their hitters are bloated from playing there, there's no doubt about it.
    Andrés Galarraga loved Coors.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Andrés Galarraga loved Coors.
    So did most guys who hit there, remember Vinny Castilla, Larry Walker, Ellis Burks and Dante Bichette.

They mashed in the late 90s there.

vCash
    He should, but he won't. Plus you can't just throw out the Coors numbers they did happen.

vCash
    Chipper is arguably the best player in Braves franchise history other than Hank Aaron. Helton is arguably the best Rockie in franchise history period. Chipper might have a shot at another ring this year, but Helton's Rockies will most likely not have a shot next year. Either way, i think Todd Helton has earned the same respect that Chipper Jones has earned throughout his career. Do you?
    Chipper isn't as good as Eddie Mathews

I think you could do better with the stats you have used. You could start with looking at Helton's home v road splits and explain the insane difference.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    The average hitter hits 004 OPS+ better at home than the road.

Helton's split is quite a few times that.

On the road he's JD Drew, at home he's Frank Thomas. So are other Coors hitters.

He doesn't deserve, nor will he get the respect Chipper has.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Jones is elite at his position while Helton is good but is not going to be remembered as one of the best 1B of all time.
    Quite so. Chipper is around #4-5 for 3B, Helton won't crack the top 15, and when the current crop retire a few more will pass him by - and that's including his insane Coors numbers.

On top of that Helton lost his power some years back, so now he's a .320 15 HR 40 2B, high OBP hitter, with OK SLG. Good, but not HOF great.

vCash
    He should, he's the best Rockie ever and he's loyal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UPRock View Post
    He should, he's the best Rockie ever and he's loyal.
    yes

vCash
    Helton's not even close to being in Chipper Jones class.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Chipper is pretty far away better than Helton

Chipper is more in Jeter's class. Helton is more in......well I'm not sure what current player's class he would be in, but it's behind those two.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast