Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    I think Chipper is on another level than Helton, but i still think both make the hall. Helton still has a .964 OPS for his career while playing solid D. If you dont let him in the hall i dont see how any Rockies player could make it because of the advantage their field gives them. Helton, IMO, will get in, but hes not going to be considered top 10 or anything close to that.
    .964 OPS?

Walker had a 1.044 OPS while playing for the Rockies home + away, he deserves to go in the HOF well before Helton. Walker was .965 OPS overall while playing about 40% of his games for two other teams (much lesser hitting parks in St. Louis and Montreal).

Helton is a very good 1B with the glove, Walker was a better RF - and that's a tougher position.

Walker was a great base runner, Helton is not.

Walker was a borderline great playoff player, Helton is not.

Walker > Helton
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-01-2012 at 04:14 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I still say he should :P

it was the right thing to say hes retiring b4 the season starts

vCash
    Chipper was a better player and for longer than Helton. And he doesn't have the same notoriety.

Jones is a first ballot hall of famer, Helton very likely might never make it.

I don't think they are on the same level.

vCash
    They are two of my all time favorites, Helton really topping my non-Yankee list. He deserves it, but probably wont get it.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Chipper was a better player and for longer than Helton. And he doesn't have the same notoriety.

Jones is a first ballot hall of famer, Helton very likely might never make it.

I don't think they are on the same level.
    One reason is that Chipper is about #5 all time for 3B, and Helton is what? 14th-15th as a 1B.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Todd Helton career Home/Road splits...

Home: .350/.447/.613.. 216 HR.. 1078 G EDIT: 1.060OPS

Road: .289/.389/.475.. 138 HR.. 1045 G EDIT: .874OPS
    Home: .307/.415/.546/.961 140HR
    Away: .295/.389/.489/.877 102HR

Yeah. Nobody has ever had large home/away splits before. Chipper sure didn't. :eyeroll:

Were his numbers inflated? Sure. But he was still probably a .330/.420/.570 home hitter even without Coors help.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    Todd Helton has decided that the 2013 season will be his last, Will/should Helton get as much respect from fans and players as Chipper has this year. (standing ovations from opposing fans, bobble head night, ceremony at end of year, getting put on the NL all star team even if his numbers are not as great as others, etc....) Not taking anything away from Chipper, he has had an all star year, but at the time of the All Star game, his numbers were not as great as they are now at the end of the year.

Chipper Jones vs. Todd Helton Comparison

Hits: 2724 vs. 2420
    Home Runs: 468 vs. 354
    RBI: 1623 vs. 1345
    AVG: .303 vs. .320
    All Star Appearances: 8 vs. 5
    Gold Gloves: 0 vs. 3
    Silver Slugger Award: 2 vs. 4
    MVP Award: 1 vs. 0
    MLB Years Played: 18 vs. 16
    World Series Rings: 1 vs. 0

Both played their entire careers for their respective franchise. If Helton decides that next year is his last, they both would have played their last season in their age 40 season. I think that they are very, very similar. Chipper is arguably the best player in Braves franchise history other than Hank Aaron. Helton is arguably the best Rockie in franchise history period. Chipper might have a shot at another ring this year, but Helton's Rockies will most likely not have a shot next year. Either way, i think Todd Helton has earned the same respect that Chipper Jones has earned throughout his career. Do you?
    Coors Field. Not even close.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234