Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the better QB?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romo

    20 68.97%
  • Cutler

    9 31.03%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,874
    vCash
    2000

    Romo or Cutler- Hot Topic debate

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...ding-tony-romo
    espn debate on who is the better qb-

    Who do you think is better and why?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    257
    vCash
    1500
    Culter he has been farther then the 2nd round

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    54,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Culter he has been farther then the 2nd round
    That's not the question.

    And even as a Bears fan, I don't think you can really say Cutler here. Romo's very good and very underrated around the league.

    Honestly though, it's tough to compare Cutler to many of the top tier QB's in the league. Most of them (including Romo) have had more weapons around them over the last several years than Cutler has.

    I'll still give the slight edge to Romo though, but all things being equal I think they're very similar players.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,874
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Culter he has been farther then the 2nd round
    cutler has won a playoff game???

    has he been past the divisional round? i didnt think so. maybe im wrong. but i dont recall cutler ever winning 1 playoff game, adn if so, im pretty sure he hasnt been to championship game. romo has been to couple divisonal playoff games.--

    ----------------
    edit-

    my bad, he has played in 2. yeah, he did play in an nfc championship game, and romo has not.

    of course, he was 6-14, for 80 yards, and an int in that game, and if i remember correctly, his toughness was severly questioned in that game. so im not sure if thats really a positive or not for him.
    Last edited by rawz; 09-26-2012 at 07:34 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,916
    vCash
    785
    Don't ever bring up cutlers toughness in that game. Playing for over a qtr w a torn mcl.


    To answer the OP room has the slight edge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    cutler has won a playoff game???

    has he been past the divisional round? i didnt think so. maybe im wrong. but i dont recall cutler ever winning 1 playoff game, adn if so, im pretty sure he hasnt been to championship game. romo has been to couple divisonal playoff games.
    This is up to you but for me personally, I never, ever, ever make statements without looking it up first. When I think "This guy said that Cutler a couple playoff game and has advanced farther than Romo has but I'm pretty sure Cutler didn't do any of that," before I say "He didn't do any of that!" I look it up first and I find that he won in the divisional round after having a first round bye to advance to the NFC Championship Game in the 2010 playoffs. I already make myself look like enough of an idiot when I state my opinion, I don't want to make it worse when I'm trying to state fact. Just my style, but to each their own. If you want to talk about how Cutler's never won a playoff game and if he has he's never advanced to the Championship Game...when in reality he's done both...all the power to you.

    Anyway, Romo. They're both incredibly talented, incredibly underrated, and inexcusably blamed for their teams' failures, but Romo has never had as mediocre a season as Cutler had in 2009. Again, not 100% Cutler's fault, but Romo has never had a truly "bad," "awful" season. The only knock on him is lack of big wins, which is a team failure.
    Last edited by ring91013144043; 09-26-2012 at 09:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Culter he has been farther then the 2nd round
    They played probably the worst team to ever appear in the playoffs, a team that finished below .500. Hell Brandon Weeden would have won that playoff game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Culter he has been farther then the 2nd round
    They played probably the worst team to ever appear in the playoffs, a team that finished below .500. Hell Brandon Weeden would have won that playoff game.
    What hell are you talking about? Did you not read ring's post???
    Team went 11-5 with a first round bye



    our future

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,874
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    cutler has won a playoff game???

    has he been past the divisional round? i didnt think so. maybe im wrong. but i dont recall cutler ever winning 1 playoff game, adn if so, im pretty sure he hasnt been to championship game. romo has been to couple divisonal playoff games.--

    ----------------
    edit-

    my bad, he has played in 2. yeah, he did play in an nfc championship game, and romo has not.

    of course, he was 6-14, for 80 yards, and an int in that game, and if i remember correctly, his toughness was severly questioned in that game. so im not sure if thats really a positive or not for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    This is up to you but for me personally, I never, ever, ever make statements without looking it up first. When I think "This guy said that Cutler a couple playoff game and has advanced farther than Romo has but I'm pretty sure Cutler didn't do any of that," before I say "He didn't do any of that!" I look it up first and I find that he won in the divisional round after having a first round bye to advance to the NFC Championship Game in the 2010 playoffs. I already make myself look like enough of an idiot when I state my opinion, I don't want to make it worse when I'm trying to state fact. Just my style, but to each their own. If you want to talk about how Cutler's never won a playoff game and if he has he's never advanced to the Championship Game...when in reality he's done both...all the power to you.

    Anyway, Romo. They're both incredibly talented, incredibly underrated, and inexcusably blamed for their teams' failures, but Romo has never had as mediocre a season as Cutler had in 2009. Again, not 100% Cutler's fault, but Romo has never had a truly "bad," "awful" season. The only knock on him is lack of big wins, which is a team failure.
    yeah, to bad i didnt post somethin, on that same post, stating something on the lines of him winning a playoff game or, advancing to the championship game... if only i would have thought of that.... wait... i did... i think, just 15 minutes after that post, edited my post, and stated that exact thing... yet, you took my post, copied it, and edited that part out... wtf?!?
    hahah Really? You take my post and edited out the part i clearly state " oh, he has won a playoff game, and advanced to championship game". Why? You wanted to get up on a pedastal to preach on what you wouldnt do? I said, " look he has". Im confused. imean, if you want to take peoples post, edited out parts, then go on a rant to state how they shouldnt do that, then more power to you. i mean, i personally wouldnt want to look like a douche, but if you do, more power to you. i mean, if you want to make a point about the first part of my post, then fine. but dont edit out the second part were i clearly state, my bad, he has. thats just douche baggish if you ask me.
    Last edited by rawz; 09-26-2012 at 11:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    yeah, to bad i didnt post somethin, on that same post, stating something on the lines of him winning a playoff game or, advancing to the championship game... if only i would have thought of that.... wait... i did... i think, just 15 minutes after that post, edited my post, and stated that exact thing... yet, you took my post, copied it, and edited that part out... wtf?!?
    hahah Really? You take my post and edited out the part i clearly state " oh, he has won a playoff game, and advanced to championship game". Why? You wanted to get up on a pedastal to preach on what you wouldnt do? I said, " look he has". Im confused. imean, if you want to take peoples post, edited out parts, then go on a rant to state how they shouldnt do that, then more power to you. i mean, i personally wouldnt want to look like a douche, but if you do, more power to you. i mean, if you want to make a point about the first part of my post, then fine. but dont edit out the second part were i clearly state, my bad, he has. thats just douche baggish if you ask me.
    Well to be completely honest I didn't even read that part. My mistake, and I apologize. The countless new lines and

    --

    in between led me to believe it was a different and unrelated point. Bold of you to keep the first part up there, though. I apologize, but take my advice and this all could have been avoided

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,874
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Well to be completely honest I didn't even read that part. My mistake, and I apologize. The countless new lines and

    --

    in between led me to believe it was a different and unrelated point. Bold of you to keep the first part up there, though. I apologize, but take my advice and this all could have been avoided
    no problem man just curious though, didnt you have to delete that part of my post when you quoted it? regardless, no harm, no foul. didnt mean to get so snippy... football season got my nerves all worked up. advice noted and taken.
    Last edited by rawz; 09-26-2012 at 11:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    no problem man just curious though, didnt you have to delete that part of my post when you quoted it? regardless, no harm, no foul. didnt mean to get so snippy... football season got my nerves all worked up. advice noted and taken.
    I did delete it, that just took a highlight and pressing backspace. Still no reading. And would you be so quick to forgive me if I hadn't said I'd choose Romo? haha

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Irvine, California
    Posts
    13,159
    vCash
    1500
    Tony Romo. This is ridiculous.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Irvine, California
    Posts
    13,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    This is up to you but for me personally, I never, ever, ever make statements without looking it up first. When I think "This guy said that Cutler a couple playoff game and has advanced farther than Romo has but I'm pretty sure Cutler didn't do any of that," before I say "He didn't do any of that!" I look it up first and I find that he won in the divisional round after having a first round bye to advance to the NFC Championship Game in the 2010 playoffs. I already make myself look like enough of an idiot when I state my opinion, I don't want to make it worse when I'm trying to state fact. Just my style, but to each their own. If you want to talk about how Cutler's never won a playoff game and if he has he's never advanced to the Championship Game...when in reality he's done both...all the power to you.

    Anyway, Romo. They're both incredibly talented, incredibly underrated, and inexcusably blamed for their teams' failures, but Romo has never had as mediocre a season as Cutler had in 2009. Again, not 100% Cutler's fault, but Romo has never had a truly "bad," "awful" season. The only knock on him is lack of big wins, which is a team failure.
    1 quick question.

    Are you implying that it isn't possible for a QB to be responsible for a teams loss, or at least be the biggest reason they lost?

    I mean it's not even as if Romo played well in his losses, he actually played poorly compared to his regular season averages.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bronx newyork
    Posts
    4,669
    vCash
    1500
    i hate romo and cowboys but romo easily
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •