Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Emmitt Smith a top 5 RB of all-time?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 79.41%
  • No

7 20.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is Emmitt Smith a top 5 RB of all-time?

Is Emmitt Smith a top 5 RB of all-time?

The Future

vCash
    Yeah sure.

Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Barry Sanders
    Gale Sayers
    Emmitt Smith

Definite arguments for Dickerson, OJ, Campbell, Tomlinson...but Brown, Payton, Sanders are def top 5 and Sayers didn't have a long career, but made such an impact to be able to go to the HoF, he's probably top 5 too. So 5th spot is a toss up between Smith and the other 4 guys, but I don't think anyone is wrong with saying Smith is a top 5 running back.

vCash
    i'd say so
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    When you're the NFL's all-time leading rusher, that pretty much solidifies you as a top 5 RB. He may not have been the flashiest when compared to Barry Sanders and the others, but the numbers more than show he was one of the most effective and efficient at his position.

vCash
    I'm not a big stats guy, and Emmitt definitely benefitted from a great team and long career, but when you're the all time leading rusher its hard not tp put you top 5.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    I'm a Cowboys fan and I have LT ahead of emmit.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

vCash
    He's in the top 5 but for me, there is a big gap between the top 2(Sanders and Payton) and the rest. Emmitt is up there mostly on quantity.

vCash
    Such a dumb poll. I guess the amount of TD's, yards, championships, big time performances especially in big game performances mean nothing. It's funny how in the NBA this is the measuring stick for greatness and in the NFL when talking about QB's this is the measuring stick but somehow when it comes to running backs in particular when discussing Emmitt or Emmitt v. Barry all that gets ignored. I mean that is the true definition of greatness, right? To win, to score more than anyone and running further than anyone and do it consistently well for a long period of time. The amount of disrespect Emmitt gets is unreal. Absolutely unreal.
    Last edited by bootsy; 09-08-2012 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongWayFromHome View Post
    I'm a Cowboys fan and I have LT ahead of emmit.
    You'd be about silly as they get. When LDT decides to put his big boy pants on like Emmitt and help his team win a big game especially when he is hurt and not on the sidelines with his stupid Darth Vader helmet and stop whining like a little ***** when another team celebrates on his field after his team gets beat will be the time I may think about putting LDT on the same level as Emmitt. He didn't so there is no use of even thinking about it.

BTW there is only one LT and it definitely isn't Tomlinson.
    Last edited by bootsy; 09-08-2012 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Such a dumb poll. I guess the amount of TD's, yards, championships, big time performances especially in big game performances mean nothing. It's funny how in the NBA this is the measuring stick for greatness and in the NFL when talking about QB's this is the measuring stick but somehow when it comes to running backs in particular when discussing Emmitt or Emmitt v. Barry all that gets ignored. I mean that is the true definition of greatness, right? To win, to score more than anyone and running further than anyone and do it consistently well for a long period of time. The amount of disrespect Emmitt gets is unreal. Absolutely unreal.
    I love how people ignore that Smith played on a team filled with hall of famers, and it took him 6 extra years to do what Sanders would have gotten in another 2 years.

Oh, and IIRC, Sanders didn't play with a single HOFer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I love how people ignore that Smith played on a team filled with hall of famers, and it took him 6 extra years to do what Sanders would have gotten in another 2 years.

Oh, and IIRC, Sanders didn't play with a single HOFer.
    A team filled of them?
    I love how people like you over-exaggerate things. He's played with two HOfers(Irvin and Aikman) and will wind up playing with 3 with Larry Allen being the 3rd when it's all said and done.

I don't really care who/what Sanders played with. I'm not going to penalize Emmitt for who played with.

vCash
    There is something to be said for longevity IMO.

1a. Walter Payton
    1b. Jim Brown
    3. Barry Sanders
    4. Emmitt Smith
    5. O.J. Simpson.

vCash
    Yes, off course.

vCash
    Top 5 but not top 3.

vCash
    No

JB