Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Badenhop is basically a cheaper kameron loe. I'll take it. He should be a solid middle inning roogy. He should never face the likes of Votto, Bruce, beltran, etc.

vCash
    My Winter Meetings Wishlist:

1. Sign Sean Burnett or J.P. Howell. Either would be fine with me.
    2. Sign Jason Grilli or Mike Adams. Either would be a really nice 8th inning guy.
    3. Sign Brandon McCarthy, Dan Haren, or Francisco Liriano. Either one would be fine.

Starters:

C: Lucroy
    1B: Hart
    2B: Weeks
    3B: A-Ram
    SS: Segura
    LF: Braun
    CF: Gomez
    RF: Aoki

Rotation:

1. Gallardo
    2. McCarthy/Haren/Liriano
    3. Fiers
    4. Peralta
    5. Estrada

Bullpen:

CL: Axford
    SU: Adams/Grilli
    MR: Henderson
    MR: Burnett/Howell
    MR: Kintzler
    MR: Badenhop

Bullpen would be much improved. Rotation is decent, still a lot of question marks but the lineup is solid.

vCash
    For some reason i cant get the thought of Hamilton out of my head. I think signing him and trading Gomez for a number two (if we can get one for him, you never know) or a good bullpen piece, would be pretty sweet. I also wouldn't mind signing Dempster, and then trading Gomez and let Nori and Shafer battle it out for the starting CF job in spring training.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    Im telling you Josh Hamilton signing and then trading Gomez and Gamel for a starting pitcher.

vCash
    Someone give me some inside knowledge on this trade we made. Good/bad???

Loved Raul Mondesi back in the day and I was hopin his son would be at least decent. Doesn't look like he did to well in rookie ball last year though. He was only 20 tho...
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewboy288 View Post
    For some reason i cant get the thought of Hamilton out of my head. I think signing him and trading Gomez for a number two (if we can get one for him, you never know) or a good bullpen piece, would be pretty sweet. I also wouldn't mind signing Dempster, and then trading Gomez and let Nori and Shafer battle it out for the starting CF job in spring training.
    I don't think we would see anything close to a #2 SP for Gomez. Denard Span is pretty well equal (eye test - no stats) to Gomez and he netted only a prospect.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Id say Jason Grilli is gonna be a long shot. His agent is Gary Sheffield... Not to fond of the Mil.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

I follow back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    I don't think we would see anything close to a #2 SP for Gomez. Denard Span is pretty well equal (eye test - no stats) to Gomez and he netted only a prospect.
    Yeah i dont think we'll get a two for him, but like i said you never know. Though i do think we could get a good pen piece for him.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

I follow back!

vCash
    Badenhop will be a solid guy I feel, he is a ground ball pitcher who is cheap and can pitch a couple innings if needed. Mondesi is really nothing, .238 BA in rookie ball at 20. He has decent speed and a little power but a long long way from the majors.

What are peoples thoughts on getting on of the Rays pitchers, Price is going to cost a ton but Hellickson or Sheilds would be nice. Maldonado, Thornberg, and a minor league bat. Hellickson would be a really nice combo with Gallardo for a while. I've seen people talking about Dickey, I'd be ok with him as long as we dont give up more than 2 prospects.

vCash
    Apperently we will have a budget around 80 million instead of the estimated 90. Attenasio is a business man and appears to be attempting to make back money lost this past year. I was expecting about 23 million to spend at a 90 million budget, 80 puts us at about 13-15 to spend. It's going to be hard to get a couple arms at 13 million if we don't trade Hart or prospects. This is a terrible sign for Milwaukee baseball, this team will be going into the season with a short handed pitching staff for sure.

vCash
    They'll stretch it if they have to but I understand wanting to get more flexibility for the future than putting extra money into next season after what they spent on this past season.

I have faith in the front office that they're doing things to keep the team competitive and not see the lull we saw in the 90s. They had some issues developing pitchers and now it's seemed to balance out that they can have payroll flexibility and make better free agent decisions in regards to pitchers.

vCash
    If restricting the payroll in $80mm prevents them from signing a reliever to a $10mm contract I'm happy.

vCash
    Anybody else kinda pissed that they've done jack **** to improve our team?
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

I follow back!

vCash
    Not really. None of their main targets have signed and guys they may have been interested in got paid.

I'm glad they're being somewhat stubborn in what they are willing to offer.

vCash
    Well we made a move to acquire our LOOGY

Signed Travis Webb

SMH

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...avis-webb.html

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast