Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    I think Gamel can be a really nice bench player this year. He can play 1st, 3rd, and Corner Outfield if needed. He should be a good lefty PH with power. I think he should get a good number of starts a first against good righties, Hart to right and Aoki in center (unless Schafer gets the start in center).

vCash
    I think at this point, I would like to keep Hart at first pretty much permanently. He's not a great RF and a pretty good 1st baseman. Keep him focused there and start Gamel on his off days occasionally.

vCash
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewboy288 View Post

Read that the Brewer scouts were seeing him throwing mid-90s fastballs...once upon a time he was a pretty good pitcher. Maybe he could be a solid bullpen arm for us (has significant starter AND bullpen innings.)

vCash
    He's the kind of signing I've been expecting. Give them a minor league deal and if it works out, great, if not you're not out much money.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    The Mets are looking for a "Prominent" outfielder. Any chance they take a look at Hart?
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewboy288 View Post
    The Mets are looking for a "Prominent" outfielder. Any chance they take a look at Hart?
    who would we get is the question?
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

vCash
    I don't see any team seriously looking to add Hart to play outfield. He's destined to stay at first, where he's better of to be.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I'd be all for trading Hart because I don't think this pitching staff is good enough to be a serious contender. I don't see it happening until after the season starts though.

vCash
    I'm not opposed to it but it's not like he's going to be a commodity for someone looking for an outfielder until teams get desperate.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    ^^^I agree with you there too. I'm not sure we ever actually get great value for Hart. He's a very solid player. He'll have his ups and downs, but he's the kind of guy you can usually chalk up for a .275 average, with 25 homers and 80 rbis or so if he's healthy. He's the kind of guy teams would like to have, but not many teams are really out there actively searching out that guy in the trade market, especially if you have to give up pretty solid pitching for it.

vCash
    I like Hart & his bat but as an outfielder he's not worth his contract. Despite the struggles of Weeks I'm pleased with the way the offense performed last season under Johnny Narron. He could continue to help Hart grow as a hitter. Weeks did turn it around too. Since he hit his low point of a .152 batting average he went on to hit .259 which is better than his career average. I don't recall huge team wide slumps like we've seen in the past under other hitting coaches so I really don't worry about that portion of our team. I think the defense will solidify and it's up to the young pitchers to stay healthy and develop into average to above average pitchers with one or 2 of them becoming a solid #2 at worst.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I think Peralta definitely has the stuff to be at least a number 2 as long as he can continue to keep his stuff down in the zone and develop his secondary pitches.

Although they won't be able to help immediately, I really like the depth we have in pitchers in the minors, especially last years A and AA guys. There's enough talent there that you would think at least one or two of them can become very solid pitchers if they can avoid injury.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    THANK THE LORD, MANNY PARRA IS GONE. And better yet... WE get to torch his bum *** in Cincinatti!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast