Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lue was OK. One guy I wanted to see get more playing time was Salim Stoudemire but he flamed out.

Man, those Harrington/Walker-led Hawks were just a disgrace. I don't know if I've ever disliked a player more than Al Harrington. He and 'Toine were bigger chuckers than Glenn Robinson and that's saying A LOT.

vCash
    ANyone watching the game on comcast? It is blocked out on NBAtv so anyone know what channel it's on?

vCash
    I missed the game, but looking at this box score now, this one must have been UGLY.

I'll take the W though.

vCash
    Forgot to post this:

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/11/1...l-star-ballot/

Teague, Smith, and Horford are on the All-Star ballot if you guys want to vote, though I doubt Drew ever takes the handcuffs off Jeff to let him flourish enough for serious consideration. I'll be writing in Ivan Johnson.

vCash
    Adam Silver spoke to the AJC about the Hawks' ownership situation:
    “I’m really encouraged by everything I’m hearing and seeing here in addition to the new investment I’m seeing in the [Philips Arena] building here,” Silver said before the Hawks played the Magic last night. “Bruce [Levenson] has become a much more active owner since that aborted sale. He’s now on several important ownership committees. He’s given a long-term agreement to [GM] Danny Ferry. He’s become much more involved in the community. I think the franchise has been more than stabilized. I think the prospects are terrific."

vCash
    I'll believe it when I see it.

vCash
    Easily Smith's best game of the season outside of the TO's...... Kyle Kover! Got to love his shot!

My early opinion is that, lack of role definition is our teams biggest problem. Smith nor Horford need to be trying to lead the break. Jeff has to syop dribbling into traffic looking for his own shot. JT is shooting the ball very well but the forced shots at the end of the clock because of over dribbling kills this team. Smith has to shoot better than 40% from the field, which is his current mark this season. Lou has to shhot better than 39%.......

I could go on, but I think if we fix these few things and TEAM rebound better, we will be fine.

vCash
    ^Agree with everything you said there, although we know that's the kind of player Lou is. He doesn't really shoot a high %, but the one thing he does better than anyone else on the team is get to the FT line and we really needed someone who can do that in the 4th quarter ever since Jamal left.

vCash
    Former Hawk Dan Roundfield was honored at halftime. Members of his family were in attendance as the team presented them with a large painting of Roundfield, who played for the team from 1978-84 and was a three-time All-Star. He averaged 15.2 points in his career, which included stops in Indiana, Detroit and Washington. He drowned off the coast of Aruba in August while trying to help his wife, Bernie. He was 59 years old.
    http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/11/2...id=blogs_hawks
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-22-2012 at 02:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote from Nene in the postgame recap:
    "If we can play like that against the Hawks, we can play against anybody."

Also, this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8Rr8WkCIAEMUPI.jpg:large

Last edited by Bravo95; 11-22-2012 at 03:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ^Agree with everything you said there, although we know that's the kind of player Lou is. He doesn't really shoot a high %, but the one thing he does better than anyone else on the team is get to the FT line and we really needed someone who can do that in the 4th quarter ever since Jamal left.
    Yeah..... He's not going to shoot a real high%, although I would love to see him where he was in 09/10. I agree his ability to create and get to the line will be very important for this team.

vCash
    drew needs to go, he gets someone hot then starts pulling them out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    Yeah..... He's not going to shoot a real high%, although I would love to see him where he was in 09/10. I agree his ability to create and get to the line will be very important for this team.
    Biggest difference I noticed from then and now is he's shooting more 3s than ever, up to 4.7 per game this season and many of them are coming off picks (like Jamal used to do). Lou has played well, just needs to drive more because like you said, he can create for himself and others off the dribble. He's settling too much and it's hurting his overall stats.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-22-2012 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    I didn't realize how rough this was until looking it up just now, but when it comes to FTs, besides Zaza our main bigs have been terrible. Josh, Al and Ivan are combined 30-67 (44.7%) at the line. For comparison, Tyler Hansbrough (68) has taken more than those 3 put together. I guess Ivan has the excuse that he doesn't get enough minutes though.

vCash
    Good win last night. I gotta say, the guards are defending much better than I expected this season.

We'll see what they have in the second game of the back-to-back.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast