Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej
    Do you guys like Smith at the 3, Horford at the 4, or would you prefer 4/5? Seems to me that would be better Josh's game seeing as he isn't a shooter and IS a good shot blocker.
    Playing him at SF allows them to get another rebounder on the floor (Zaza or whomever else) and adds size/length on the wing to defend those big small forwards who can stretch the floor and attack the rim with authority.

But more than anything, I recognize that Josh wants to be a facilitator. He's always hovered around 3.5-4 assists per game, but has a very high usage rate. When you want the offense to run through a big, you do it from the post, as guys like Pau, Dirk and Duncan have done their entire careers. But Josh doesn't have their post moves nor their range and clearly wants to play his own way from the perimeter, facing the basket -- which is fine but that's for wings and guards. I am simply granting his wish because doing it the other way hurts the offense and slows down the pace.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-12-2012 at 10:25 PM.

vCash
    Teague with 30+ minutes, Morrow played, a win.

McGOAT

vCash
    Portland is obviously not as talented as the Clippers, but it's good to see this team bounce back and get a win on the road the night after a demoralizing loss on Sunday. Double-double for Al and Josh, 8 assists for Teague (and he wasn't benched! ZOMG!). +16 on Fastbreak Pts, and +8 on PITP. Still seeing too much Tolliver and not enough Ivan though.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-13-2012 at 03:11 AM.

vCash
    23 teams have made more free throws than the Hawks have even attempted (103).

vCash
    Ivan Johnson killing it.

vCash
    Solid games from Josh and Ivan, but it came down to losing the battle on the glass. The Warriors are one of the league's better rebounding teams and the Hawks only got 29 boards with Horford out and Zaza being limited.

vCash
    I was watching the Warriors broadcast and they said that the Hawks didn't get a single offensive rebound in the first quarter.

vCash
    ^ Been an issue for a while, and that's why I prefer bigger front line with Josh at SF and more mins for Ivan. Entering Thursday, they were ranked 25th in Off. Rebounding Rate: http://www.basketball-reference.com/....html#misc::13
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-16-2012 at 01:45 AM.

vCash
    Did anyone watched the game? Teague leads team in scoring at halftime and boxscore shows he only played 19 mins. So what happened after half? Did Drew sit him the entire half, even after he was the best player in the 1st half? If that is the case, why hasn't Drew been fired? Also, Josh Smith shot 3 3 point shots, and he didn't get benched?

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Did anyone watched the game? Teague leads team in scoring at halftime and boxscore shows he only played 19 mins. So what happened after half? Did Drew sit him the entire half, even after he was the best player in the 1st half? If that is the case, why hasn't Drew been fired? Also, Josh Smith shot 3 3 point shots, and he didn't get benched?
    yea, i dont know why tha hell Teague only played 19 minutes when he clearly was our best player on the floor tonite. If larry Drew sat him the whole 2nd half just because the 2nd team "got in a rythm', he needs to be fired. Teague is too good of a player and Drew is hindering his growth
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    If it wasn't for him benching Teague, I would say last night was Drew's best performance in a while as far as managing rotations/minutes (yeah, it's the Kings, but whatever). I think he benched him because of the turnovers, but I didn't agree with it. Also, Morrow needs to get ALL of Harris' minutes, I'm already tired of seeing him out there. Good to see Korver finally out of his coma though.

vCash
    Smith had as many turnovers and you might as well count 3 3 point field goals as turnovers.

Harris is just taking away minutes at this point. If, and I mean if a Josh Smith trade happens, hopefully Harris is added.

McGOAT

vCash
    ^I've been saying for a while that I can deal with Josh's occasional jumpers as long as he attacks the glass and gets to the FT line. Those are 2 areas where this team consistently comes up short and they need all they can get from him.

vCash
    From Elias: Kyle Korver made seven of nine field-goal attempts while fellow starting guard Jeff Teague shot 7-for-10 in the Hawks' 112-96 win at Sacramento. It was the second time in the last 15 seasons that both members of Atlanta's starting backcourt shot at least 70% while making at least five field goals. On April 17, 2005, Tyronn Lue was 10-for-14 and Josh Childress shot 7-for-10 in an overtime win over the Knicks in New York.
    Elias Sports Bureau

I know you guys have fond memories of those Tyronn Lue days.

vCash
    ^ I always wanted Ivey to start over him (How sad was those days after the Paul draft for the PG position.). He did a couple of times.

How many times did we actually see Joe at the PG position? I can't remember but I remember BK brought him in with the idea of him being our PG with a Joe/Chill/Josh/Al/Zaza line-up (with Marvin soon replacing Al. I also remember Marvin was projected to be the PF and Smith SF). Yeah that 6'9 dream line-up worked out well. Atleast he kind of saw the future with lack of centers in the league and everyone playing more small ball.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 11-19-2012 at 03:14 AM.

McGOAT

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast