Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 380
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Did they play better last season without Smith or Horford? Be honest.

    It's Smith's fault thet JT doesn't get 11 Assist? Really?

    You are talking about 2 games when the evidence of them playing better with him is so much more.
    That was a completely different team full of vets and Joe's team still. Horford isn't as good as Smith. This isn't Horford vs Smith, it's Smith's Hawks vs a future without Smith.

    McGOAT

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Season high FG% tonight too, just another thing that prob don't matter.

    McGOAT

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,077
    vCash
    1500
    He also had 11 Asst on 11/24 and 12 Asst on 11/23 so NO, Josh does not prevent him from getting 11 Asst when he plays. 11 Asst on 11/9 also.

    For as much as fans say Josh is inconsistent it applys to our entire team, especially Jeff. He still has his up's and downs.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Agree, but he isn't the focus of our team as Josh is, nor is Teague suspended for something, the season before we are suppose to re-sign him making him one of our franchise players. If this is about Smith vs insert player on Hawks to you, it's not to me, get rid of them all if it means turning a corner. Either way, I want this team to consistently win games and have an actual star to build around. Howard is a dream. Ferry will choose what he thinks is best, but it doesn't look good for Smith to be suspended, we beat a team that is 9-1 in the last 10, with our best FG% of the season, everybody having great games. All while Smith is out for something he did.

    McGOAT

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    That was a completely different team full of vets and Joe's team still. Horford isn't as good as Smith. This isn't Horford vs Smith, it's Smith's Hawks vs a future without Smith.
    No it's not.... Just trying to get you to see what you are saying. So now this team isn't full of vets?

    First you say we play better without Smith. While that maybe your opinion, I'm just trying to get you to see the larger sample size says you are wrong.

    Then you asked when does JT get 11 Assist when Smith plays? I proved it happens. JT is not the kind of playmaker that's going to have the big asst nights on the regular bases. That has nothing to do with Smith.


    If Ferry seeks or wants to trade him, so be it. But getting Asik back in return would not be a good trade for the Hawks. I like Gay, but he is way over paid, wouldn't want him either.

    If Det had interest in Josh for Drummond, Day, and their 1rst this year, that I would be willing to do!

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Last year's team is different from this year. We have Teague, Ivan and Zaza from last year, that is it (since we are talking about the team without Horford, I'm not including him). Therefore our team was different. It was still Joe's team.

    McGOAT

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Personally, I would trade Smith for (maybe more when the rumor presents itself):

    Cousins
    Drummond
    Waiters
    Love
    draft picks
    or a legit star player (which I can't see anyone doing)

    McGOAT

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Agree, but he isn't the focus of our team as Josh is, nor is Teague suspended for something, the season before we are suppose to re-sign him making him one of our franchise players. If this is about Smith vs insert player on Hawks to you, it's not to me, get rid of them all if it means turning a corner. Either way, I want this team to consistently win games and have an actual star to build around. Howard is a dream. Ferry will choose what he thinks is best, but it doesn't look good for Smith to be suspended, we beat a team that is 9-1 in the last 10, with our best FG% of the season, everybody having great games. All while Smith is out for something he did.
    Again from what the reports say, Josh went off because of the teams recent play. You guys are making it into something it is not. Kobe, Paul, D Will, just off the top of my head have all done these things in the past. Heck the way we have been playing, I'm glad he did it. Neither side from Ferry, to Drew, to Josh, seem that upset about it. These are things we where crying for Joe Johnson to do. Obviously he must have went in to hard about it, so he got suspended.

    Again you sre talking 2 games versus all the others. One or 2 good games without him doesn't make your theory hold up. You need a much larger sample size. It sounds as if you are arguing from a DOB slate of things where your mind is made up and you are reaching to support your argument.

    If you want to blow it up and start over? Ehh.... I'm on the fence with that. If we can't het something like the package I named above, I'd rather hold on to Smith and go for the DREAM! If it doesn't workout you still have the option next year of trading Horford for Picks or young players and starting over.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    It sounds as if you are arguing from a DOB slate of things where your mind is made up and you are reaching to support your argument.

    I'd rather hold on to Smith and go for the DREAM! If it doesn't workout you still have the option next year of trading Horford for Picks or young players and starting over.
    Sounds like we both are.

    McGOAT

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Last year's team is different from this year. We have Teague, Ivan and Zaza from last year, that is it (since we are talking about the team without Horford, I'm not including him). Therefore our team was different. It was still Joe's team.
    Lou is not a vet?
    Kover is not a Vet?
    Morrow is not a vet?
    Petro is not a Vet?
    Stephenson is not a vet?
    Tolliver is not a Vet?

    Again that argument does not hold water at all. We are still very much a Vet team. You can't seperate what he did because you want to trade him now. And lets not forget Smith was a very big factor in the good start we got off to.

    Do we need a leader like CP3 on this team? VERY MUCH SO! But Smith got suspended for trying to be one according to reports, that's more than I can say for others on this team.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Sounds like we both are.
    Nope! I would trade him.... That Det trade I proposed, I do in a heart beat. But I'm not just going to blame the guy for everything and make him the scape goat. The numbers support my argument. You are talking about 2 games, forgetting the start of the season and last season.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    No! I think he's a good player but over rated coming out , and why would the Grizz want Jose?

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Nope! I would trade him.... That Det trade I proposed, I do in a heart beat. But I'm not just going to blame the guy for everything and make him the scape goat. The numbers support my argument. You are talking about 2 games, forgetting the start of the season and last season.
    You don't blame him for nothing. You seem to be so pro-Smith that it truly feels that you wouldn't support the team without him. Hence why I said you have your mind made up when it comes to Smith, as do I. I know you say you would do a Drummond trade, but how would you feel if Ferry just let him walk this summer for nothing?

    McGOAT

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    No! I think he's a good player but over rated coming out , and why would the Grizz want Jose?
    Expiring back-up PG for a playoff run. They are trading Gay for cap room, getting a young Ross and cap space is a good deal. Raps want Gay. Cavs like Smith, well Gilbert does. And we would get a young prospect that is having a good rookie year.

    McGOAT

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •